(Closed) May 2014 RSVP Thread!

posted 6 years ago in May 2014
Post # 92
203 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Second update!

1.  When were your invites sent and when is your wedding?

Invites sent out- Feburary 3rd 2014

RSVP deadline- March 30th 2014

Wedding Date- May 4th 2014

2.  What percentage of your guest list (including you and FI) have RSVPed ? 80%

3.  What’s your acceptance rate for those who have RSVPed?  63.5%

4.  Favorite note written on a RSVP card/online RSVP? “Nah, Bro.” (from one of my SO’s friends who will be out of town)

Post # 93
91 posts
Worker bee

3rd update I believe…and today is the day our RSVPs are due! Surprisingly most are in and I’m only waiting on a few stragglers πŸ˜›

Sent March 17, RSVP date today (April 24)

2.  What percentage of your guest list (including you and FI) have RSVPed  ((# responded divided by # invited)*100)?

83% (but we’re only missing 7 so not too bad)

3.  What’s your acceptance rate for those who have RSVPed?  ((# of yeses divided by total # of responses)*100)

77.5%

4.  Favorite note written on a RSVP card/online RSVP?

One couple isn’t bringing their baby (just over a year old) and they said that sorry she has plans πŸ™‚ Made me chuckle a bit πŸ™‚

<br /><br /><br />

Post # 94
102 posts
Blushing bee

I’ve been so eager to be able to post … our RSVP deadline is tomorrow and we’re still needing a bunch of RSVPs back (slightly bothersome but its to be expected)

Can’t believe how close we are!! Time is certainly flying by!

Invites were sent around the 10th of March. Wedding is May 25th

2.  What percentage of your guest list (including you and FI) have RSVPed  ((# responded divided by # invited)*100)?

81% (We invited about 230 people)

3.  What’s your acceptance rate for those who have RSVPed?  ((# of yeses divided by total # of responses)*100)

65%

We’ve gotten some really sweet messages but I really enjoyed an RSVP from my FI’s friend and wife who put hearts everywhere and “yays” .. someones super excited to attend! 

Post # 95
1556 posts
Bumble bee

Final Update:

Our wedding is next Saturday (squee!)

There are still a small amount of people who simply did not respond. Did not email back, did not text back, totally went incommunicado. Some were my fiance’s cousins who are somewhat estranged. Some were friends who I guess don’t like us anymore? I really don’t know. They dropped of the face of the world.

But taking those as just plain No, here are our final numbers.

Invited: 256 

Attending: 156 

We had a number of out-of-town guests and college-age family who were unable to attend because it’s the end of the school year (who knew? Not this early 30’s childless couple)

We’ll have a blast, and can’t wait to see everyone! My future in-laws arrive in less than a week!

And the weather is set to be what I call “chamber of commerce weather” pleasant, not too hot, not too cold, just perfect!

Post # 96
1684 posts
Bumble bee

I’m getting close enough I should start working on the seating!

Invites were sent around the 1st of March. Wedding is May 23rd

78%

80%

Someone crossed out “attending” and put down “not willing to miss it for the world!”

Post # 98
122 posts
Blushing bee

finally heard back from everyone, after much chasing up… we have 64 adults attenting, and 14 kids.<br /><br />that’s a big number drop from the 83 adults, and 16 kids we invited. ah well.

Post # 99
127 posts
Blushing bee

Probably not my last update since we have some to track down, but as of the RSVP deadline we are at:

Wedding May 31st

Deadline April 26

Response Rate:  84% (have to track down 23 out of 136)

Acceptance Rate:  78% wooo!  

I will say, I am happy we are not having the possible 250-guest wedding we would have had if everyone accepted our invitation, however I am a little bummed at some of our declines.  We did send a lot of courtesy invitations and I was expecting about an 81% acceptance rate.  You hope and pray that you get at least a few declines, but when they come from guests you really wanted there, and thought would be there, it hurts.

Post # 101
127 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
DomesticDiva:  We are still almost twins with our acceptance rate!  So sorry to hear about your mom’s friend, I hope she is OK!

Post # 102
1684 posts
Bumble bee

Updating from my last post.  My RSVP date is tomorrow, and 99% have RSVPed.  The only ones we’re missing are family who have to wait until the last possible moment.

Of those that have RSVPed, 73% have been responded Yes.  Even some of our our of country friends are flying in! 

A bunch of RSVPs were lost in the mail, and a few people didn’t get their invitations delivered, so it’s been a major pain.  Fortunately, everyone has been very accessable, making this process much easier.

Post # 104
997 posts
Busy bee

Second update!!

1. When were your invites sent and when is your wedding?

Invites sent – March 17th.

RSVP deadline – April 17th.

Wedding date – May 17th.

2. What percentage of your guest list (including you and FI) have RSVPed?

97% has responded.

3. What’s your acceptance rate for those who have RSVPed?

82 “yes” (including me and my FI) and 14 “no” so 85% have accepted.

My Future Mother-In-Law still hasn’t RSVPed. Obviously I know if she is coming but she hasn’t told me if she’s bringing a plus one. Ugh!

The topic ‘May 2014 RSVP Thread!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors