(Closed) May 2014: When are you sending out your Save-The-Dates & Invites?

posted 5 years ago in May 2014
Post # 3
Hostess
2556 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

I am getting married the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, and we were thinking September-Octoberish.  That may seem kind of early, but I wanted to make sure people had enough notice to plan to come.  🙂

Post # 4
162 posts
Blushing bee

thinking about the end of November for STD, maybe late March for invite? Not really sure about invitations

Post # 5
241 posts
Helper bee

@kateisstoned:  

@MsAmandaAnn:  Hi date twin! I am going to send out my Save the dates in Septemberish as well….60% of my guests are out of town, and its a holiday weekend so i wanted to give people plenty of time and advance notice as well!

When are you thinking to do invites? usually how long do you give them to rsvp?

Post # 6
1748 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Rule is 6-8 months prior for STD’s. Regardless of it being a holiday weekend, that still gives guests PLENTY of time to make travel arrangements.

Post # 7
175 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

From what I’ve read destination weddings and out of town guests should have 9-12 months of notice

Post # 8
124 posts
Blushing bee

@kateisstoned:  I’m getting married Sunday, May 24th 2014. Due to my Fiance entire family coming from out of state and a few out of country guests, we are aiming to send them some time this June-July. I hope I don’t look nuts sending them out so early!

Post # 9
999 posts
Busy bee

I’m getting married on May 17th, 2014. About half of my guests are from out of town. I was thinking of sending my Save-The-Date Cards in early October. Then the invites in late March.

Post # 10
543 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Crashing the May Board. I am planning to send mine out in October so people have plenty of advanced notice! Its the end of the school year/finals/graduation time so I want to make sure everyone can plan accordingly.

Post # 11
Hostess
2556 posts
Sugar bee

@Meant2bMrsC:  Yess!!! Another 5/25’er!!

I have no idea about invitations.  I need to let our venue know our final count on 5/11, so I probably want everyone to RSVP by 5/1 (I know that we will be hunting some people down!).  We may send mid-March.  That actually seems pretty good — month and a half to RSVP (after already receiving a STD).

Post # 12
241 posts
Helper bee

@ylapis:  hello. are you making hotel arrangements for your out of town guest? I wanted to try to block some hotel rooms and get a group discount – i do not know the process yet but i am assuming that the rsvp should come sooner than later for this reason as hotels will book up quickly for the holiday weekend…

@MsAmandaAnn:  Thanks! That makes sense being that they already know by the STD that they should be making arrangements…

Post # 13
124 posts
Blushing bee

@Meant2bMrsC:  Yes, It will be at a hotel and I was notified by the hotel to book a block of rooms by at least this May due to the holiday weekend+ a yearly convention that takes over the city. I’m probably going to block more than I need just in case.

Post # 14
241 posts
Helper bee

@ylapis:  do you have to put up any money  to block out rooms? Or guarantee a certain amount of rooms? If you dont know who is going to rsvp yes, then how do youknow how many rooms to block and for how many nights? (sorry for all the questions)

Post # 15
90 posts
Worker bee

I’m getting married May 24, 2014 and I’m thinking about sending the Save the Dates out in November. I have no idea about the invites. I haven’t thought that far ahead yet!

Post # 16
488 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

We are 5/17 and I think I am going to send Save-The-Date Cards in September or October so 7-8 months in advance.

The topic ‘May 2014: When are you sending out your Save-The-Dates & Invites?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors