Post # 1
Hey May 2015 Brides!!!
I thought we should start an Intro post so that we can “Formally” meet each other. Since we will be planning/venting/sharing ideas with each other, it would be nice to get to know a little something about everybody.
Also, I know with the planning, new posts will be created and other post may get lost, so I figured why not have one location to reference for certain information. This would also be a great place to welcome new brides as they join.
Feel free to include pictures of you and your fiancee!!
Please don’t feel obligated to provide all the information and if I missed anything that you feel is important, please let me know.
- Location (Provide Living & Wedding if they are different)
- FI’s Name
- FI’s age
- FI’s occupation
- About you (Hobbies, Music, etc)
- Engagement Date
- Wedding Date & Significance
- Wedding Venue (Provide Ceremony & Reception if they are different)
- Wedding Colors
- Honeymoon Location
- What are you most excited about going through this planning process
- What are you least excited about going though this planning process
Post # 3
- Location: Born & Raised in Philly
- Occupation: Account Clerk
- FI’s occupation: Operations Manager/ Dispatcher
- Kids: 2 girls, 7 & 3 (My oldest is not FI’s but he accepts her like his own and has helped me raise her since she was 2)
- Pets: 1 dog, Arcee (Pronounced R C – Our household is filled with Transformer nuts!) She is a 9 month old Black and Tan Coonhound
- About you: I enjoy simple things – reading, cooking, playing video games, ancestry research, and of course WEDDING PLANNING!
- Engagement Date: 03/23/13
- Wedding Date & Significance: 05/15/15 – The only significance is May. Whenever people would ask us when we were getting married my Fiance would say “In May”, baffled people would ask “WHen in May”, FI’s response “May that day never come!” It’s been an ongoing joke for years and when we got engaged we just knew we had to pick May.
- Wedding Venue: Ceremony: St Cecilia’s Catholic Church & Reception: Radisson
- Wedding Colors: Lavendar & Turquoise
- Honeymoon Location: TBD ~ We are hoping to do a Panama Canal Cruise but was told cruises don’t travel there in May, if that is the case then an Adults Only All Inclusive Resort probably in Mexico or Carribeans.
- What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Being creative, we are going to attempt to DIY a lot to save money, figured we have a while so when I am not researching vendors, I am researching decor ideas
- What are you least excited about going though this planning process: This may change but right now is saving money especially with Christmas right around the corner.
(I am terrible this picture is from March right before we got engaged and I don’t have many of just the two of us since 🙁 I need to get on that)
Post # 4
- Name: Natalie
- Age: 24 (will be 26 on the big day!)
- Location Live in Boston, wedding in Rhode Island
- Occupation: Administrative/development staff at a small non-profit
- FI’s Name: Ethan
- FI’s age: 24 (will be 26 on the big day!)
- FI’s occupation: Law student (hopefully future IP/patent lawyer)
- Kids: None
- Pets: An adorable Goldendoodle named Olive
- About you (Hobbies, Music, etc): Reading, running, pilates, interior design, skiing..
- Engagement Date: 10/12/13
- Wedding Date & Significance: May 30, 2015 – no significance!
- Wedding Venue (Provide Ceremony & Reception if they are different): FI’s family’s beach property in RI (ceremony will be at the beach across the street)
- Wedding Colors: Not 100% sure, but thinking a seagreen and gray (with a few touches of blush)
- Honeymoon Location: No idea!
- What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Since we’re not having our wedding at a traditional venue, I’m excited to completely and totally make a blank slate into our dream wedding venue.
- What are you least excited about going though this planning process: Figuring out all the logistical things that come with having a wedding at a non-traditional venue (parking, restrooms, guest transportation, etc.)
And here’s a picture of us from this summer:
Post # 5
OK, here goes!!! My fiance and I just decided on sometime in May last night, a little more than a week after we got engaged!! This is exciting. 🙂
I am going to leave out our names and the photo of us. I’ve been on the boards for a long time and want to protect my privacy. 🙂
- Location: Northern Vermont– we live in a small town in the Northeast Kingdom and are planning on having our wedding either in our own fields or at an old summer camp a couple miles away. Or maybe somewhere else nearby, depending on costs. We have a few months to figure out our venue!
- Occupation: Master’s student/plant ecologist
- FI’s age: 41. Works well for us!
- FI’s occupation: Freelance editor, writer, and builder with his father’s construction company
- Kids: None yet! Maybe a couple years after we get married. 🙂
- Pets: 2 crazy cats. I want to get chickens but first we have to build a coop!
- About you: I adore being outdoors, gardening, plants (obviously since I’m a plant ecologist 😉 ), and sewing. My FI’s and my home is in the middle of nowhere in the the woods, and we love that we are able to be pretty self-sufficient; we have a huge vegetable garden, and he built our house. I’ve partially supported myself in the past by being a professional seamstress, and once I’m done with my grad school classes in December, I’ll be sewing for others again on top of my regular job. . . and I’m making my own dress!!! I am SO excited to start designing my dress and finding fabrics and laces and digging through my mom’s and my collection of vintage lace. The dress is going to be a pretty detailed creation with a lot of fabric flowers and lace applique, so I’m glad we have a year and a half before the wedding!
- Engagement Date: October 25, 2013
- Wedding Date & Significance: We haven’t set an exact date yet. I’ve always wanted to get married when the apple trees are in bloom, and I’d love to be married under a blossoming apple tree. I recorded when the wild apples near our house bloomed this year, and we’ll pay attention to that next spring, and based on that info, we’ll pick a date this coming May.
- Wedding Venue: Not sure yet, maybe our own fields or maybe a summer camp near us, or maybe somewhere else. . . the Old Stone House Museum in Brownington VT comes to mind.
- Wedding Colors: No idea!!! Probably they’ll involve green, since that is a mutual favorite color for my Fiance and me. I’m not really into having set wedding colors, anyway.
- Honeymoon Location: Britain? Out West? Maritime provinces of Canada? Depends on the budget we have, and we will not know what that is for a little while.
- What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Figuring out a lovely wedding that expresses something about who we both are; we’re going to write our own vows and I think the ceremony will involve aspects of a handfasting. Making my dress.
- What are you least excited about going though this planning process: Oh, my. Family drama. There have been a lot of complicated issues both in my family and between his and my families, so I am expecting some rotten drama. Crossing my fingers that everyone behaves most of the time, though!
Post # 6
- Name: Megan
- Age: 25
- Location: Living in Ann Arbor, MI wedding will be in Grand Rapids, MI
- Occupation: Social Media Outreach
- FI’s Name: Rob
- FI’s age: 25
- FI’s occupation: Master’s Student/Science-Plant Work for US Government
- Kids: Only Furry Ones
- Pets: Roux (pronounced Roo) – 1.5 year old chocolate lab, and Fly – 2 year old border collie x lab mix
- About You: We both really enjoy being outdoors: hiking, running, swimming, rock climbing. We’re both foodies and beer snobs (Michigan has a lot of local brewing companies).
- EngagementDate: August 17, 2013
- Wedding Date & Significance: May 16, 2015 — only significant because it was the only date in May or June 2015 that our venue had left.
- Wedding Venue: Westminster Presbyterian Church and Grand Rapids Public Museum
- WeddingColors: Navy, Lime, and White
- Honeymoon Location: Haven’t decided yet!
- What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Getting to plan a huge party with all of our friends and family.
- What are you least excited about going though this planning process: The family drama. It’s been less than three months and I’m already very much over it.
The furbabies waiting for us to throw a ball.
Post # 7
Hi Ladies- Here’s my info:
- Name: Steph
- Age: 25, will be 26 when we get married
- Location: Suburbs of Chicago
- Occupation: Project Manager
- FI’s Name: G
- FI’s age: 27, will be 28 when we get married
- FI’s occupation: IT
- Kids: Nope
- Pets: Nope
- About you (Hobbies, Music, etc)
- Engagement Date: 5/30/2013
- Wedding Date & Significance: 5/30/2015 Signifgance: on 5/30/2003 we had our first date, 5/30/2013 (10 years later) he proposed to me in Mexico, and then on 5/30/2015 we’ll tie the knot, 12 years after we had our first date!
- Wedding Venue: Ceremony: TBD if we will go the church route, or hold @ our venue. Reception: a local golf club- here’s a picture:
- Wedding Colors: Purples, green, with champagne/black accents
- Honeymoon Location: TBD- for sure somewhere tropical!
- What are you most excited about going through this planning process : I’m excited about it all!
- What are you least excited about going though this planning process: I’m hoping to lose quite a bit of weight, and I know it’s not going to be easy– but it’s something I need, and want to do!
Post # 8
Location: Southern Maine, Wedding in New Husband
FI’s Name: Taylor
FI’s age: 21
FI’s occupation: Software Engineer
Kids: None yet
Pets: One cat
About you: Anxious/silly/cuddly/curious
Engagement Date: 10/18/13
Wedding Date & Significance: 5/25/15, 6 year anniversary of our first date
Wedding Venue: Currently thinking the Grandview Ballroom @ The Oaks, Somersworth New Husband
Wedding Colors: pink & cream
Honeymoon Location: TBD
What are you most excited about going through this planning process: cake tasting, sharing the experience with my momma
What are you least excited about going though this planning process: stress/money/arguing
Photo from ~15 minutes after proposal
Post # 12
Location (Provide Living & Wedding if they are different): Connecticut
Occupation: Dental Hygienist
FI’s Name: Mike
FI’s age: 37
FI’s occupation: Police Sargent
Pets: 1 a dog, Brady
About you (Hobbies, Music, etc): I love to cook,reading, traveling, spending time with the loves I love
Engagement Date: May 9th 2015
Wedding Date & Significance: No true significance, but May will be 8 years together
Wedding Venue ( Ceremony & Reception if they are different): St. Patricks church and the Marrquee (Gershon Ballroom)
Wedding Colors: Unsure possibly grey with pale pink ?!?!
Honeymoon Location: Possibly Aruba or Costa Rica
What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Dress shopping
What are you least excited about going though this planning process: Paying for it
Post # 15
@beeintraining: By The Way, OMG, not only do we have the same name but we are date twins. Your dogs are so cute by the way.
Post # 16
@miggyjb: Ahahaha! That’s too funny!