Post # 4
708 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

• Name: Natalie
  • Location Live in Boston, wedding in Rhode Island
  • Occupation: Administrative/development staff at a small non-profit
  • FI’s Name: Ethan
  • FI’s age: 24 (will be 26 on the big day!)
  • FI’s occupation: Law student (hopefully future IP/patent lawyer)
  • Kids: None
  • Pets: An adorable Goldendoodle named Olive
  • About you (Hobbies, Music, etc): Reading, running, pilates, interior design, skiing..
  • Engagement Date: 10/12/13
  • Wedding Date & Significance: May 30, 2015 – no significance!
  • Wedding Venue (Provide Ceremony & Reception if they are different): FI’s family’s beach property in RI (ceremony will be at the beach across the street)
  • Wedding Colors: Not 100% sure, but thinking a seagreen and gray (with a few touches of blush)
  • Honeymoon Location: No idea!
  • What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Since we’re not having our wedding at a traditional venue, I’m excited to completely and totally make a blank slate into our dream wedding venue.
  • What are you least excited about going though this planning process: Figuring out all the logistical things that come with having a wedding at a non-traditional venue (parking, restrooms, guest transportation, etc.)

And here’s a picture of us from this summer:

Post # 5
3246 posts
Sugar bee

OK, here goes!!! My fiance and I just decided on sometime in May last night, a little more than a week after we got engaged!! This is exciting. ๐Ÿ™‚

I am going to leave out our names and the photo of us. I’ve been on the boards for a long time and want to protect my privacy. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Location: Northern Vermont– we live in a small town in the Northeast Kingdom and are planning on having our wedding either in our own fields or at an old summer camp a couple miles away. Or maybe somewhere else nearby, depending on costs. We have a few months to figure out our venue!

• FI’s age: 41. Works well for us!

• FI’s occupation: Freelance editor, writer, and builder with his father’s construction company

• Kids: None yet! Maybe a couple years after we get married. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Pets: 2 crazy cats. I want to get chickens but first we have to build a coop!

• About you: I adore being outdoors, gardening, plants (obviously since I’m a plant ecologist ๐Ÿ˜‰ ), and sewing. My FI’s and my home is in the middle of nowhere in the the woods, and we love that we are able to be pretty self-sufficient; we have a huge vegetable garden, and he built our house. I’ve partially supported myself in the past by being a professional seamstress, and once I’m done with my grad school classes in December, I’ll be sewing for others again on top of my regular job. . . and I’m making my own dress!!! I am SO excited to start designing my dress and finding fabrics and laces and digging through my mom’s and my collection of vintage lace. The dress is going to be a pretty detailed creation with a lot of fabric flowers and lace applique, so I’m glad we have a year and a half before the wedding!

• Engagement Date: October 25, 2013

• Wedding Date & Significance: We haven’t set an exact date yet. I’ve always wanted to get married when the apple trees are in bloom, and I’d love to be married under a blossoming apple tree. I recorded when the wild apples near our house bloomed this year, and we’ll pay attention to that next spring, and based on that info, we’ll pick a date this coming May.

• Wedding Venue: Not sure yet, maybe our own fields or maybe a summer camp near us, or maybe somewhere else. . . the Old Stone House Museum in Brownington VT comes to mind.

• Wedding Colors: No idea!!! Probably they’ll involve green, since that is a mutual favorite color for my Fiance and me. I’m not really into having set wedding colors, anyway.

• Honeymoon Location: Britain? Out West? Maritime provinces of Canada? Depends on the budget we have, and we will not know what that is for a little while.

• What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Figuring out a lovely wedding that expresses something about who we both are; we’re going to write our own vows and I think the ceremony will involve aspects of a handfasting. Making my dress.

• What are you least excited about going though this planning process: Oh, my. Family drama. There have been a lot of complicated issues both in my family and between his and my families, so I am expecting some rotten drama. Crossing my fingers that everyone behaves most of the time, though!

Post # 6
851 posts
Busy bee

• Name: Megan
  • Location: Living in Ann Arbor, MI wedding will be in Grand Rapids, MI
  • FI’s Name: Rob
  • FI’s age: 25
  • FI’s occupation: Master’s Student/Science-Plant Work for US Government
  • Kids: Only Furry Ones
  • Pets: Roux (pronounced Roo) – 1.5 year old chocolate lab, and Fly – 2 year old border collie x lab mix 
  • About You: We both really enjoy being outdoors: hiking, running, swimming, rock climbing. We’re both foodies and beer snobs (Michigan has a lot of local brewing companies).
  • EngagementDate: August 17, 2013
  • Wedding Date & Significance: May 16, 2015 — only significant because it was the only date in May or June 2015 that our venue had left.
  • Wedding Venue: Westminster Presbyterian Church and Grand Rapids Public Museum
  • WeddingColors: Navy, Lime, and White
  • Honeymoon Location:  Haven’t decided yet!
  • What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Getting to plan a huge party with all of our friends and family. 
  • What are you least excited about going though this planning process: The family drama. It’s been less than three months and I’m already very much over it.

The furbabies waiting for us to throw a ball.

Post # 7
585 posts
Busy bee

Hi Ladies- Here’s my info:

• Name: Steph
  • FI’s Name: G
  • FI’s age: 27, will be 28 when we get married
  • FI’s occupation: IT
  • Kids: Nope
  • Pets: Nope
  • About you (Hobbies, Music, etc)
  • Engagement Date: 5/30/2013
  • Wedding Date & Significance: 5/30/2015 Signifgance: on 5/30/2003 we had our first date, 5/30/2013 (10 years later) he proposed to me in Mexico, and then on 5/30/2015 we’ll tie the knot, 12 years after we had our first date!
  • Wedding Venue: Ceremony: TBD if we will go the church route, or hold @ our venue.  Reception: a local golf club- here’s a picture:

• Wedding Colors: Purples, green, with champagne/black accents
  • Honeymoon Location: TBD- for sure somewhere tropical!
  • What are you most excited about going through this planning  process : I’m excited about it all!
  • What are you least excited about going though this planning  process: I’m hoping to lose quite a bit of weight, and I know it’s not going to be easy– but it’s something I need, and want to do!

Post # 8
264 posts
Helper bee

Name: Emilee
FI’s Name: Taylor
FI’s age: 21
FI’s occupation: Software Engineer
Kids: None yet
Pets: One cat
About you: Anxious/silly/cuddly/curious
Engagement Date: 10/18/13
Wedding Date & Significance: 5/25/15, 6 year anniversary of our first date
Wedding Venue: Currently thinking the Grandview Ballroom @ The Oaks, Somersworth New Husband
Wedding Colors: pink & cream
Honeymoon Location: TBD
What are you most excited about going through this planning process: cake tasting, sharing the experience with my momma
What are you least excited about going though this planning process: stress/money/arguing

Photo from ~15 minutes after proposal

The ring! 

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/242-how-the-proposal-went-down-pics#axzz2jur1WW8c

Post # 9
111 posts
Blushing bee

• Name: Megan
  • Location: Currently living in Binghamton, NY; originally from Long Island (wedding will be on LI)
  • FI’s Name: Derek
  • FI’s occupation: Graduate Student 
  • Kids: None
  • Pets: A long haired tortie cat that I adore.  FI is highly allergic!
  • About You: We are currently in a long distance relationship- Fiance is from the area but has been going to school 4 hours away for the past 2 years.  It is rough, but we are looking forward to (hopefully) finding jobs in the same city after we graduate in May!
  • EngagementDate: August 8, 2013 at the WWII Memorial in Washington DC
  • Wedding Date & Significance: May 22, 2015.  No significance, but picked a holiday weekend so our Out of Town guests will be able to enjoy a few days with us.
  • Wedding Venue: Ceremony: Church Reception: a ballroom right on the water 
  • WeddingColors: Gray, Peach/Coral/Blush??
  • Honeymoon Location:  Somewhere with a beach!
  • What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Dress shopping!
  • What are you least excited about going though this planning process: Trying to plan from 5 hours away! and Making so many decisions!

Post # 10
1133 posts
Bumble bee

• Occupation: Full Time Student (final year) / Hairstylist & Makeup Artist

• FI’s age: 22

• FI’s occupation: Full Time Student / Works with animals

• Kids: We are CBC

• Pets: I have a dog, and he has a cat.

• About you: I love anything to do with creativity. I love reading, music, I am a huge animal lover.  I love the outdoors and nature, especially the Bruce Peninsula (where Fiance proposed).

• Engagement Date: June 9, 2013

• Wedding Date & Significance: May 23, 2015 – We love May. We love spring. That date was available. That’s it haha.

• Wedding Venue: Ceremony will be at a local winery on the beach, and the reception down the road from there at a old stone pavilion facing the beach on one side, and a huge park on the other.

• Wedding Colors: We’re keeping it simple; our favourite colours, red (his) and blue (mine).

• Honeymoon Location: 2 weeks in Europe – Italy, France, and Greece.

• What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Getting to call him my FI/planning my future with him.

• What are you least excited about going though this planning process: The bills. Oh my poor little bank account….

Post # 11
119 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015 - Jellyfish, Punta Cana DR

• Name: Monique
  • Location: We live on Long Island, NY and Our wedding will be in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
  • FI’s Name: Lamar
  • FI’s age: 29
  • FI’s occupation: Business Manager
  • Kids: 1, Lamar Jr.
  • Pets: None
  • About youI love to eat , workout and bake. My son keeps me busy and I love it!
  • Engagement Date: 10/05/2013
  • Wedding Date & Significance: May 23, 2015. 
  • Wedding VenueJellyFish Restaurant
  • Wedding Colors: Still up in the air on this
  • Honeymoon Location: Hawaii or Aruba
  • What are you most excited about going through this planning process: The dress shopping!
  • What are you least excited about going though this planning process: The dress shopping! LOL

Post # 12
12 posts
Newbee

Name: Angela
Location (Provide Living & Wedding if they are different): Connecticut
FI’s Name: Mike
FI’s age: 37
FI’s occupation: Police Sargent
Kids: None
Pets: 1 a dog, Brady
About you (Hobbies, Music, etc): I love to cook,reading, traveling, spending time with the loves I love
Engagement Date: May 9th 2015
Wedding Date & Significance: No true significance, but May will be 8 years together
Wedding Venue ( Ceremony & Reception if they are different): St. Patricks church and the Marrquee (Gershon Ballroom)
Wedding Colors: Unsure possibly grey with pale pink ?!?!
Honeymoon Location: Possibly Aruba or Costa Rica
What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Dress shopping
What are you least excited about going though this planning process: Paying for it

Post # 13
217 posts
Helper bee

• Name: Stephanie
  • FI’s Name: Thomas
  • FI’s age: 43
  • FI’s occupation: Federal Protection Officer
  • Kids: We have one son together.
  • About you: I love reading and writing short stories. We both have found a new love in running! We will (hopefully) train and complete four half marathons while wedding planning.
  • Wedding Date & Significance: May 30, 2015. We just like the way the numbers flow: 5.30.15
  • Wedding Venue: Patuxent Greens Country Club
  • Wedding Colors: Shades of Blue and Gold
  • Honeymoon Location: Las Vegas, NV
  • What are you most excited about going through this planning process: Wedding dress shopping! And free stuff at Bridal Shows :-).
  • What are you least excited about going though this planning process: The dreaded guest list and seating chart.

Post # 14
44 posts
Newbee

• Name   Megan
  • Location Houston, Tx
  • FI’s Name:  Kendrick Anderson
  • FI’s occupation: Chef
  • Kids:  0
  • Pets:  1 dog- Lily, a golden
  • About you I love listening to music and shopping.  I love weddings, even before I started planning mine
  • Engagement Date:  Feb 2013
  • Wedding Date & Significance:  May 16, 2015  (close to the date we became official)
  • Wedding Venue : Sugar Creek Country Club
  • Wedding Color  : Black and dark red/ crimson
  • Honeymoon Location  : Grenada (So excited!!!!)
  • What are you most excited about going through this planning process  :
    My dress, the cake, and my honeymoon!
  • What are you least excited about going though this planning process:  
    Dealing with the million opinons of my complicated family

Post # 15
44 posts
Newbee

@beeintraining:  By The Way, OMG, not only do we have the same name but we are date twins.  Your dogs are so cute by the way.  

The topic ‘May 2015 Intro's’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors