(Closed) MAY 2015 MAMAS – Part 2

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 61
64 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

How are you feeling physically? I’m very tired, after working a 8 hour day it’s all I can do to drive home and fix dinner. I also get short of breath super easy, I get out of breath just putting my socks on… or even getting off the couch. 

Emotionally? I’ve been super upset about having gestational diabetes, it seems like I can’t do anything right. I was put on a strict diet and followed it perfectly and my sugar is still out of wack. I have to keep a detailed log of EVERYTHING I eat, it’s really embarassing to have everything looked over and scrutinized “I see you ate a chicken sandwich this day… you really shouldn’t do that” blah blah blah, they put me on meds to help regulate my fasting sugar but It’s still super high in the am… I have a feeling next dr. visit they’ll put me on insulin. 

How are your nursery plans coming along? I’ve bought several things but I have nothing set up right now… We just bought a house, hoping to close next month, that would put me around 34-36 weeks, super stressful! Everyone keeps asking me how I’m doing her nursery and I have no IDEA!  

Any labor/delivery plans? Because I’m on medcine for my blood sugar they are inducing me at 39 weeks, that’s all I know right now! 

Have you decided on a name? If so, feel free to share. We are having a girl and decided on the name Hadley Mae

Bumpdate photo:

Here is me around 28 weeks, I’m now 30. Baby girl is growing fast! 9 weeks to go!

Post # 62
315 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

How are you feeling physically? I feel great. I am starting to have a little less energy than I had earlier in my second trimester, but not much. I’ve been doing prenatal yoga twice a week since I have had back issues in the past and had some concerns about how it would hold up in later pregnancy, and it is helping so much with all the various aches and pains of pregnancy, not to mention keeping me on an even keel emotionally.

Emotionally? As odd as it sounds I swear that I am more calm and less moody now than I was before I was pregnant. Work should be super stressful – we had a layoff in my department, plus my boss has requested that I complete a major project before my scheduled leave begins, so my workload has doubled (at least – so much for being a slacker pregnant lady), but for some strange reason it doesn’t really seem to be getting to me. I think the aforementioned yoga is probably to thank, but I’m sure I’m just lucky too. I am having a little bit of anxiety over my weight gain (30 pounds at 27 weeks) but I’m trying to keep a positive attitude about it and am mostly succeeding.

How are your nursery plans coming along? We have a dresser and about half the bedding. Nothing is set up yet though, because one of my husband’s cousins is staying with us for a few days next month, so we need to leave the ancient sagging hand-me-down guest bed that we are dying to throw out in there for a couple more weeks. Some neighbors offered us a crib yesterday…I’d rather stick with the one we registered for but if my husband feels strongly about it I’m willing to accept as long as he is willing to repaint it if it doesn’t match. We are doing navy walls, white furniture and trim, and fabrics in white and hot pink with touches of aqua and dove gray. Not ultra girly, with lots of contrasting patterns in the same colors.

Any labor/delivery plans? My only plan is to get her out of me by whatever means necessary! My guess is she’ll be quite late, but we’ll see.

Have you decided on a name? Lots of ideas, but no decision yet. We will probably keep it a secret till she’s born anyway.

Post # 63
103 posts
Blushing bee

Have any of our May mamas given birth in April?  How are you ladies doing?

Post # 64
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Still hanging in there, I’m 35 weeks today. Had a scare 2 weeks ago, really bad BH. 

Post # 65
79 posts
Worker bee

ALVstar3:  how have you been feeling?

Post # 66
1178 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

ALVstar3:  two mamas have! They are on the Facebook group but I don’t want to announce for them 🙂 first time mamas with babies born just before 38 weeks! One boy one girl 🙂

Post # 67
103 posts
Blushing bee

BostonRN:  I hope baby stays tight for a few more weeks for you with no more scares!  I also had a scare at around 30 weeks due to bad BH.  They were pretty consistent.  I had an NST and 2nd growth scan today to measure baby’s weight and size because they were concerned that the baby is too small.  Turns out everything is okay.  37 weeks yesterday. We are almost there!

gpsp2B:  I’m in the FB group 🙂 just curious if other mamas on WB have welcomed their babies! 

Post # 68
1178 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

ALVstar3:  hahaha omg sorry! I guess I have forgotten a lot of our WB usernames

Post # 71
79 posts
Worker bee

Updates anyone? Less than 2 weeks to go.

Post # 72
367 posts
Helper bee

BostonRN:  Our baby girl was quite punctual and born on her due date (Friday.) We came home today since she was born at night.

Raela Marlee 

8 pounds 10 ounces

21 inches

The topic ‘MAY 2015 MAMAS – Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors