(Closed) MAY 2015 Mamas

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 271
315 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

artichokey:  My first appointment is on Monday, when I’ll be 5w2d-ish, and the confirmation email they sent me said they would be doing an ultrasound to make sure the pregnancy is developing normally, along with the blood tests and whatnot. So you never know!

Post # 272
1392 posts
Bumble bee

daisyfay:  Oooh, lucky! Well, I’m going to cross my fingers but I’m going to assume there won’t be one, just so I’m not disappointed!

Post # 273
83 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Thanks everyone! The doctor’s office called me back and I made my first and second prenatal appointments today: 8 weeks + Ultrasound and 12 weeks. No blood tests for now. Toying with the idea of buying a doppler in a few weeks… because I’m insane. 

Post # 275
402 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Please add me to the list!

Due date: according to conception date- 29th and according to LM – 30th

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): 10DPO

How long did you try before your BFP? It was our 1st cycle! I was pretty shocked to get a BFP strsight away

Any symptoms yet?  Tender full breasts, fatigue, major bloating

What are you most excited about? telling people! I’m no good at keeping secrets! And obviously I just can’t wait to meet the LO

What are you most nervous about? miscarriage definitely

What will you miss most while pregnant? Wine, soft cheeses etc

Post # 276
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - W Hotel Silicon Valley

I am such a freak when I’m pregnant. I just cleaned out the kitchen cabinets. Who has time/energy for that!? Especially when pregnant and chasing a 10 month old around!!

When is everyone announcing to family/friends? How are you hiding it in the meantime?

Post # 277
1392 posts
Bumble bee

HopefulSim:  Congrats!

moniquaa:  I went to the gym today for the first time since getting our BFP and I felt awful. SO awful. I was literally just walking on an incline treadmill and I thought I was going to die. I’m not sure how long I can hide it from people who know me well and see me frequently! I’m thinking we’ll tell my parents/sisters after my six week appointment. Other family/close friends later, maybe around 12 weeks. I don’t want to do a widespread announcement until right before Christmas, I think. Maybe around the middle of December.

Post # 278
715 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012 - W Hotel Silicon Valley

artichokey:  hope it passes soon, I’ve been either way up or way down lately! 

We’re waiting to tell family and close friends after my first appt. (10/2) and we will probably wait until late October or early November to “officially announce” it. We have a first birthday photo shoot for my daughter scheduled 10/18 (her birthday is 11/2) and I’m ordering her a Sister Bear shirt. We’ll use one of the photos to announce to everyone else 🙂 Her party is 11/1 and I don’t really want to hide it at her party. 

I have some social stuff next weekend and idk how I’m going to hide my not drinking!

Post # 279
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2016

Hi everyone, sadly I miscarried on Sept 8 so you can take me off the list.  I needed to take some time to feel better before I posted it on here.  The good thing is that even though it was an unplanned pregnancy I was so happy and realized I’m a lot more ready for a baby than I thought I was.  SO and I decided to stop preventing and just see what happens. I would love to get pregnant again soon so maybe I will be on the June boards if I’m lucky.  According to OPK’s I’m going to ovulate this weekend so in 2 weeks I’ll know.  Good luck to everyone with their pregnancies 🙂

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by  NightOwl27.
Post # 280
915 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

NightOwl27:  I’m so sorry for your loss :(. It sounds like you and your Darling Husband have a good plan, and hopefully you’ll have your rainbow baby soon. 

Post # 281
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

moniquaa:  We already told our parents and a couple close friends, but I’m undecided on the rest.  I still have a few close friends I’d like to tell after our first appointment next week, but I will probably wait to announce to the world until I’m 12 weeks (which surprisingly is the day after our 2nd anniversary, so that will be a fun way to annouce!).

artichokey:  I run about 12 miles a week and want to keep it up for as long as I can during pregnancy, but I felt the same way this week.  I was DRAGGING… I felt like I was made of concrete.  I’ve just been taking it slower!

NightOwl27:  So sorry to hear that!

Post # 282
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

So last night, my body woke me up with one big cramp.  It lasted around a minute or so and I was absolutely terrified… I thought for sure I’d get up and use the bathroom to find blood.  Luckily, not a drop then or this morning, so I am hoping it was just some weird symptom and I don’t have to feel it again.  Anyone else experience anything like this??  I know it’s random but it scared the beejezus out of me!

Post # 283
1392 posts
Bumble bee

moniquaa: I have an alumni game with my college team in a few weeks and I had to think up a clever excuse for why I might be there but wouldn’t be playing. I could fake an injury but half the people there are likely to see me at the gym and would know I was lying. Drinking isn’t hard for me. I can nurse a drink for a long time and then pass it off, or easily pull the headache card. Everyone knows I get them so if I’m not drinking, that’s probably why. The game though….I’ve only missed one in the past 10 years and it was for a wedding. That’s a lot harder to explain!

NightOwl27:  I’m so, so sorry. I’m glad you took some time for yourself and you seem to be in a good place now, which is amazing. I hope we see you on the June boards.

FutureMrsLodge:  Yeah, I’m a weightlifter primarily and I can still do most of that, although I’ve had to cut back on some of the Olympic moves and weight I’m doing. I tried an incline climb on the treadmill yesterday and there was so much cramping. I’ve been fairly crampy all week, I can tell my uterus is definitely stretching. But also honest stomach cramps, up high. And heartburn! So on the treadmill I had stomach cramps, a crampy uterus and heartburn that flared up as soon as I got the treadmill up to a 5 degree incline. It felt ridiculous.

The topic ‘MAY 2015 Mamas’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors