(Closed) MAY 2015 Mamas

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 361
367 posts
Helper bee

jouissance:  I am. I’m in the Midwest around rural farming communities as opposed to cities.

Post # 363
2787 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

Ladies, I’m so glad to finally join you!

I had an ultrasound today and I’m measuring 6 weeks and we saw the heartbeat!! 107, we couldn’t be happier.

We had an awful scare this week; I was spotting/borderline bleeding for 2 days. 2 ultrasounds later, everything is looking great and it was most likely due to irritation of my cervix because of the progesterone medication.

Due date: May 22nd, 2015 (based on early ultrasound)

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): I’m a charter, but this cycle I didn’t due to various factors (defective thermometer, vacation, etc) but based on my due date and when I got my first BFP it was about 8 DPO.

How long did you try before your BFP? 14 months, I also had 4 chemical pregnancies (early miscarriages) and after tons of testing for the recurrent pregnancy loss I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. I had been given the donor egg speech and I felt hopeless. I tried every supplement that could improve egg quality (I was taking over 10 pills a day), acupuncture, Chinese herbs, fertility yoga, wheatgrass, I quit caffeine and alcohol almost a year ago, reduced gluten, dairy and sugar intake. Anything that could improve my egg quality I probably tried.

If trying for awhile, what was different this month? We were on vacation with my family, a Caribbean cruise.

Any symptoms yet? Slightly fuller breasts, peeing more often, fatigue, heartburn.

What are you most excited about: Experiencing parenthood with Darling Husband

What are you most nervous about? miscarriage

What will you miss most while pregnant? Medium rare steak

Post # 364
2787 posts
Sugar bee

My BFP

4 days later

Post # 365
29 posts
Newbee

congrats! I have had bleeding too I know how scary it is but it seems like many experience it without it many anything is wrong. You deserve a perfect pregnancy after all you’ve been through! 

Post # 366
402 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Turtle83:  congrats! I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly after all you’ve been through!

Post # 367
413 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Turtle83:  love this update. I’m so glad the u/s showed everything you wanted, you deserve all the happiness!!

Post # 368
2787 posts
Sugar bee

florence22:  Bleeding is so scary! I’m glad your pregnancy is going great as well

HopefulSim:  Thank you!

NowandLater:  Thank you! So glad to join you here ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 369
6765 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011 - Boy #1 12/2015, boy #2 02/2018

Turtle83:  I am so glad to see you here. FX for sticky healthy baby. ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 370
702 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Turtle83:  I’m so glad that everything turned out to be alright ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 371
1643 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

CocoLoco523:  I went to the doctor yesterday, and what I forgot to account for is that I’d been having a 23 day cycle. So I’m actually due may 25th!! Yay 

Post # 373
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

I have been lurking on this board since I got my BFP but have been nervous to post. Here goes nothing! 

ROLL CALL

Due date: May 14th

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): 11 DPO; I had a pretty consistent 10 day luetal phase so this was one day after my missed period. 

How long did you try before your BFP? I had been off BC since January but we didn’t start “trying” until May and this was the first cycle that our timing was actually good. 

If trying for awhile, what was different this month? We BDed on one of the two days I had EWCM.  

Any symptoms yet? My first symptom was spotting at 7 DPO. Then came the exhaustion, sore boobs, cramping, and crying. I didn’t even have a full TWW since I got a positive on 11 DPO but man was that a long 11 days. I spotted from weeks 4-6 and at 6 weeks 3 days I started getting MS. 

What are you most excited about? I’m so excited to see this little person that is a little bit of me and a little bit of Darling Husband. 

What are you most nervous about? I was worried about MC when I was spotting but I feel way more confident now that it has stopped. 

What will you miss most while pregnant? I thought I would miss alcohol but I really don’t. Yet. 

Post # 374
208 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Due date: May 25, 2015-my anniversary!

How many dpo when I got my bfp: 17 dpo (I ovulated on day 9 of my cycle)

How long I tried for bfp: not at all. I had been tracking my bbt just so I would be ready when it was time for #2, and I thought it was ok if we weren’t careful on our dating anniversary.  I wasn’t.  I typically ovulate on day 13 or 14, and this time, it was day 9!

Any symptoms?  Exhaustion was first, occassional nausea, bubbly uterus, acne (i am normally blessed with clear skin), and cramps so far.

Excited/nervous?  Yes, but scared too.  I was fired shortly after having my baby last time, not for any documentable cause, and had to undergo the stress of being unemployed with a new baby, and my poor husband had to shoulder a heavy burden.  I am in a much better workplace for me now, and i THINK it won’t happen again.  I am so new there though, that I am fearful all of it will happen again.  As far as just the new baby goes, I am pretty excited, and for some probably stupid reason, I feel like it is twins.

What will I miss most?  Caffeine! Mmmmmmmm.   

Post # 375
1432 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Due date: May 25, 2015

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking?): 12 DPO

How long did you try before your BFP? Technically this was our second cycle trying, but I knew we didn’t get the timing right on the first cycle so I had no expectations that time.  This time, I wasn’t really even thinking straight because my dad had just passed away, so when I randomly took a pregnancy test, I was surprised.

Any symptoms yet? Sore breasts, tiredness.

What are you most excited about? Seeing the baby grow and learn; seeing the happiness in my family’s eyes when I tell them I’m pregnant, since this has been a rough year for all of us; having Christmas morning (and other fun holidays) with my new little family ๐Ÿ™‚   Oh, and I’m also excited to see what the baby looks like – if it’s a girl and looks like me, and vice versa…

What are you most nervous about? Having a healthy baby.  I guess there’s no particular reason for me to worry but I still do.  

What will you miss most while pregnant? Sushi and red wine.

The topic ‘MAY 2015 Mamas’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors