(Closed) MAY 2015 Mamas

posted 5 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 483
1643 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

CocoLoco523:  congratulations on finding out you’re team blue. I live in the UK and so it’s not something offered here. We’re having a 4D scan at 19 weeks and then having a gender reveal cake at our wedding 😀

Post # 485
2081 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

CocoLoco523:  Congratulations! Have you started shopping for baby boy stuff yet?

Post # 486
2081 posts
Buzzing bee

We just had some of our genetic/prenatal testing done on Monday. I chose the NIPT (non-invasive prenatal testing). It checks for Down Syndrome, Turner Syndrome, trisomy 18 and trisomy 13. We also had the NT ultrasound. My uterus is tilted, so we had a hard time seeing what needed to be seen. Baby was also sleeping and sucking his/her thumb. Eventually, the baby started moving around and the doctor said the thickness on the back of the neck was  greater than normal at 3.50 millimeters. They want to do a repeat ultrasound at 18 weeks to recheck the measurement. Legs, arms, fingers and profile was seen, as well as, a heart rate of 171. We could see all four chambers on the heart, as well. Hopefully all the tests come back negative and baby’s neck looks better at 18 weeks. The prenatal test should also tell us the sex too by default, so we’ll know that in about 7 more business days.

Post # 487
2081 posts
Buzzing bee

Here are the ultrasound pictures from Monday.

Post # 488
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

greenidlady:  I had a Panorama test done at 10 weeks, which sounds similar to the NIPT. I did not have the NT scan (ultrasound with the neck measurements) as my doc presented the Panaroma as an alternative to that.

I got my test results 10 days/6 business days after the blood draw (Team PINK!) and everything came back low risk.  But that wait was extraordinarily stressful with worry and anxiety (I am Advanced Maternal Age).

Best wishes to you! The odds are definitely in your favor of having a healthy baby, and I hope your wait for test results goes by quickly!

Post # 489
915 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’ve been away for a while, but congrats to all you ladies who found out the sex already! So exciting 🙂  We’re hoping to find out at our ultrasound sometime around Christmas.

Post # 490
2081 posts
Buzzing bee

sejf83:  Thank you for the encouragement and congratulations on your baby girl! When are you due?

Post # 491
103 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

For the bees who are finding out the sex through the progenity testing, are these results coming back through the mail or to your doctors office? Does it automatically tell you if baby is a boy or girl?  I did testing 5 business days ago and when we get the results I want to know what to expect because we are team green and I don’t want to mistakenly read the sex of the baby through the results. 

Post # 494
2081 posts
Buzzing bee

ALVstar3:  The doctor’s office is suppose to call us with the test results. It may take up to 10 business days.

Post # 495
2081 posts
Buzzing bee

CocoLoco523:  Thank you! We started a registry too but with only a few gender neutral things. A lot of the larger items are things we’ll probably buy because they’re too expensive for our registry. Car seats, strollers, crib and breast pump look like the most expensive items. 

The topic ‘MAY 2015 Mamas’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors