(Closed) May 2015 Wedding Dates

posted 7 years ago in May 2015
Post # 17
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2015

When is everyone going to start dress shopping?

Post # 18
881 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@Reynolds15:  Probably a year out. Trying to lose some weight that I put on from Fiance being a lumberjack (and eating like one too) and I don’t want to spend a fortune on alterations.

View original reply
@Scorpio88:  This happened to us. We had our dream venue in mind and they were booked for every remaining Saturday in 2014, and every Saturday in May and June but one and I was like welp, guess that’s going to be our date. Originally we had thought May 30th but it looks like it’s getting pushed earlier. Everyone in my family thought I was crazy for looking at venues this early. So I appeased them for a little over a month (we’ve been engaged since mid august) and then they started realizing that the wedding process can get started crazy early even in a small-medium sized city.

We’re getting married May 16th!

Post # 19
1783 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
@Reynolds15:  I’m starting this weekend! i know it will take me a while to find the perfect dress, and I want to make sure to see a wide variety

Post # 20
12 posts
Newbee

Ya. I’m thinking early in 2014 

Post # 21
12 posts
Newbee

Ya. I’m thinking early in 2014 

Post # 22
444 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Reynolds15: I actually went about 2 weeks ago but I originally was going to wait until January, at least. A local shop was having a Mori Lee trunk sale and I really wanted to try on a specific dress. Well I loved it on paper but hated it on me – along with the other 10 dresses I tried on. I will be trying on more soon.

My friend suggested I start now because she is getting married in 9 months and had to settle with a dress that she wasn’t thrilled about because of alterations and ordering the dress, etc so she was the reason I went – I don’t want to settle.  

Post # 24
12 posts
Newbee

its all so exciting.. πŸ™‚ I’m officially a year and a half away!!! Good luck dress shopping πŸ™‚

Post # 25
111 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@ecrowe1218:  Did you happen to try on Morilee 1960?  I love that dress and want to try it on so badly!

Post # 26
111 posts
Blushing bee

I’m May 22!  We picked May because I don’t want to be too hot or too cold.  We had issues deciding between Friday and Saturday, but Friday was so much cheaper I can’t imagine spending all that extra money to have the same exact wedding a day later.

Post # 27
444 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@mab3015:  I did not try on that specific dress, I tried on the 1959. I was looking for more of a cinderella dress. I don’t really remember all the dressed I tried on at this particular store I went to but I will not be going back to them. I couldnt take any pictures. I think if I can’t take pictures, I will at least have somebody write down the designer and style with the pros and cons.

Post # 28
444 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@mab3015:  Same reason we are having ours on a Friday. I hate the fact that some people will not be able to make the ceremony since it is a 2 pm but thats the latest our church will allow me to have it. I told my Fiance that I wanted to change it to Saturday now and he told me that we are saving $1000’s (which I knew but he is more realistic). We are also getting the bigger room since we are having it on a Friday, normally the bigger room as minimum of 150 guest. 

Post # 29
111 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@ecrowe1218:  I love that dress too!  So beautiful! Sorry that it didn’t work out for you πŸ™  I am hoping to start trying on dresses around Christmas time – just to get an idea of what shapes work for me 

Post # 30
444 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@mab3015:  It was gorgeous but too much material for me. I like to dance and want something light weight. I am trying to lose a little weight before I start trying on dresses again. I may wait til 2014 but at that point I will keep looking until i find the one instead of taking a break like i am now. 

Post # 31
33 posts
Newbee

@MissMay3003:  

View original reply
@StephanieElise:  
View original reply
@PromiseRooster: I just got engaged this past wednesday and we decided on May 30th 2015 as well!! I’m super excited to meet girls with the same date! Have you girls done anything yet for your wedding?? It feels so far away but I really want to start the planning process! lol!

The topic ‘May 2015 Wedding Dates’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors