(Closed) MAY 2016 POAS BOARD

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 3
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Had to take a break from the boards for awhile, but I’m back and feeling hopeful!! 🙂

Your age/partner’s age: 23/25

Baby #: first

Current Cycle Day/DPO: cd 23, 5 days until ovulation

Ovulation Date: 4/21

POAS Date:  5/6

Usual Cycle Length: My cycles are 40 – 50 days :,( tips on making them shorter??

Cycles Trying: this is our 7th

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): timing, prenatals, basic charting, just bought OPKS for the first time

My favorite BBQ thing is half chickens, bone in, cooked over an open fire. The skin gets burnt, so I throw that out, but it keeps the chicken so juicy and tender with a little bit of a campfire taste. soooooo good! 

Good luck this month bees! 😀

Post # 4
197 posts
Blushing bee

Roll calling!

Ages: 29/28

Baby: #1

CD10

Ovulation: Usually CD16, 17, or 18

POAS: May 9th

Cycle length: 33 days, but last month was slightly shorter

Cycles trying: 3?

BFP plan: Continuing to live a health life, vitamins, lots of BDING

My favorite thing to bring to a BBQ is asparagus. Sounds weird,  but few people have veggies at BBQs. It tastes so much better grilled too!

Anyway, I am not feeling very good about this month. Last cycle I shortened to 31 days, which made me feel better because my LP is pretty lengthy and I hate the waiting period where I would do anything to get AF because that means we are one step closer to another shot. I spotted two days prior and 3 days after AF, which has never happened before. I usually spot only one day prior. I just felt like that was a bad sign of how things will go this cycle. I am CD10 and had EWCM today, which IDK is totally out of the norm for me because I drink a ton of water. I am too scared to tell my husband because he goes from EOD mode to ED mode and as much as I love him I need to catch my breath sometimes.

Gosh, I wish it was as easy as the World led me to believe.

In other news, the only person who knows we are actually trying is already talking about buying us certain presents for a shower. She totally knows we are not pregnant and that I am not comfy buying anything until we are. What she doesn’t know is we don’t want a shower even when we manage to succeed. I love this girl way too much to break her heart.

Post # 6
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2013

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/28

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 9

Ovulation Date: not sure yet

POAS Date: I think around 5/2.. depending on when I ovulate.

Usual Cycle Length: 26/27 days.. i don’t know how long this one will be. I had a D&C in March and got my period 26 days later so hopefully I’ll continue to have my normal lenght.

Cycles Trying: this will be #2. Got pregnant the first cycle in January but was diagnosed with a blighted ovum at 9 weeks. 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing and prenatals  

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – usually some store bought potato salad 😁 Or dessert.. You can never have too many desserts! 

Post # 7
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Here’s hoping I actually get to test this month!!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 31/32

Baby #: 2 (our daughter is 18 months)

Current Cycle Day/DPO: cd8

Ovulation Date: not 100% sure

POAS Date: I am going to say May 15 

Usual Cycle Length: ugh, 36-52 days. really hoping this one is on the low end!

Cycles Trying: this is cycle 4

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): this month we are adding in acupuncture, we are doing whole30, and really trying to bd every 2-3 days until my period shows up! 

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – I LOVE to cook, but my husband is the grill master in our family. I do make the best burgers though, it’s all about grass fed beef, soy sauce, and worchester sauce! 

Post # 8
982 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 27/28

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD3

Ovulation Date: Not really sure. Last cycle was my first one off BCP, and it was around CD32 (if I even did ovulate). But I’m hoping it was just extra long since I’m regulating after being on BC for almost 10 years.

POAS Date: Again, not sure, see above.

Usual Cycle Length: Last one was 45 days. Heres to hoping this one shortens!

Cycles Trying: 2

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, adding an extra 1000iu of Vitamin D this month. DH wants me to start temping and using OPKs, so I think I’ll order them and a BBT off amazon today. He’s getting anxious to start a family!

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – I really really dislike cooking for other people. I don’t minf for my DH and I, but I hate the pressure of getting something “perfect” for others. So I usually just buy a few salads to bring along to a BBQ. I need to get more confident in my cooking abilities!

Post # 9
1128 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Happy to be back!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 33/33

Baby #: 2

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD10

Ovulation Date: Not sure, probably 4/23 or 4/24

POAS Date: Going to hold out. My usual cycle length is anywhere from 26-29 days, so if I don’t have it by CD30 I suppose I’ll test. That’ll be 5/9

Usual Cycle Length: 26-29 days

Cycles Trying: This will be #2

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): timed BD, that’s about all. I try to BD every other day from days 10-20

Link to Chart, if any:

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Ok this month I thought with the BBQ and Picnic seasons starting, maybe we can share receipes.  It can be any recipe at all but if you have a favorite item that you like to bring to friends homes that may be fun to share. If you do not like to cook, what is your go to items to buy.

I love to cook! I like to do a potato salad with baby red potatoes, a mix of mayo/sour cream, cheddar cheese, bacon, green onions and S&P. YUM!

Post # 13
81 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

Your age/partner’s age:  37/34

Baby #:1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 14

Ovulation Date:  Probably 4/24 or 4/25

POAS Date: 5/8 (may change based on O date)

Usual Cycle Length:  Has fluctuated since December – longest was 36 days, shortest (last month) was 31

Cycles Trying:  This will be #5 since my period came back after a D&C in October

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.):  Using CBFM with backup cheapie OPKs, prenatals, trying to BD as much as possible this week before ovulation.

Link to Chart, if any:  N/A

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – I love to make deviled eggs with a twist – with curry, with fresh herbs, with spinach, with sirracha, etc.  I also bring a lot of quinoa-based salads, like corn/black bean or roasted veggies with a light dressing. 

Post # 14
1444 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Paradise Gardens

Hi Bees! After lurking for the past few months I finally decided to join this board. You ladies are absolutely amazing with all the support and encouragement you give to one another through this roller coaster of a journey. I so glad to finally join!

Your age/partner’s age: 27/28 (His birthday was in March)

Baby #: ONE

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD15 (Fertile week)

Ovulation Date: April 22nd/23rd

POAS Date: May 7th (a few days before the Beyonce concert–gotta find out before I decide whether or not to pregame )

Usual Cycle Length: 28-31 days

Cycles Trying: 1st NTNP, but DH is really trying to get it in this week so it feels a lot like TTC, but I’m not complaining

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, folic acid, exercising, and healthy eating

Link to Chart, if any: None

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Well I usually like to bring a nice fruit salad, pasta salad, or something sweet. I usually use picnics, BBQs, etc as my time to experiement with dishes from Pinterest. I haven’t had a “fail” yet so I’d say it’s going pretty well thus far .

Post # 15
79 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Update for me! 🙂 I saw my OB on Monday and I expressed that I was worried that I’m not ovulating since my cycles are so long, and they vary 5 – 10 days. She was confident that I have been ovulating and told me a piece of advice I haven’t read or heard before, so hopefully this is helpful for some! I guess that my boobs being sore a few days before AF is a very good sign that you DID ovulate. She also said that my cervix was very high, which is another ovulation predictor, so it was such a relief to hear that I’m probably ovulating when I think I am. I hate that doubt that you get in your mind!

EOD for us the past week, O is supposed to be tomorrow, feeling so great and so confident about this month. I wish I had gone to see my OB eariler to get that peace of mind. 7 Months of trying isn’t that long, but man it feels like it some times! 

also… side note.. someone teach me how to tag in these posts! I thought I knew how but apparently not haha xD

The topic ‘MAY 2016 POAS BOARD’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors