(Closed) MAY 2016 POAS BOARD

posted 5 years ago in TTC
Post # 152
1799 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
Ohhavok:  Hopefully it lengthens it for you! Here is some info for you that my doctor pointed me towards, but bear in mind I have endo.

Lengthen your luteal phase

Post # 153
1309 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

View original reply
jessc27:  thank you for this!!! That was very informative and helpful!!! I wrote down all the foods she listed that should help, I will seriously try to eat them every day. Also, she listed stress as a reason πŸ™ I need to try and fix that. I get stressed/overwhelmed fairly frequently. I’ve been working 55 hour weeks this past month, in a program training, etc.

How’s your cycle going girl???

Post # 154
1799 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
Ohhavok:  CD11 on high fertility at the moment.. Just BDing every 2nd day till I get a peak then 3 days in a row.  I am a firefighter so I hear you on the stress.. I work shifts and CRAZY hours which makes things hard. I am hoping to O on CD15.  You on track for that?

I find exercise to be a huge stress reliver!

Post # 155
1309 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
jessc27:  Damn girlllll!!!! So you’re a badass!!!!! Ahh you’re so close, yay!!! Looks like I am going to O late as hell, per usual. CD21 or CD22. Today I am CD 17, so probably Monday or Tuesday. I really hope it’s Monday at least. My OPK this morning had a light line still. πŸ™ Every morning I am hopeful lol.

yeah, I need to get back to working out. I use to be SO good. I’d lift every day at lunch (my office has a free gym, VERY nice perk), do bootcamps, did crossfit and orange theory for a while (I enjoyed classes), etc. But i’ve been slacking so bad this year πŸ™ My training ends this week, so I really want to just clean out our kitchen, go grocery shopping for all healthy things, plan my meals, and get back to working out like I was. I’ve gained some weight, and I am also afraid that’s been going against me in my TTC efforts. I’m sure it has. πŸ™

Post # 156
1799 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
Ohhavok:  monday or tuesday is when I should o too!! Hopefully we can be poas addicts together! I’m getting high reading on my digital opk but not even a second line on my cheapies πŸ€”

I do classes too. We rotate through arms and upper body, core/cardio and legs. Leg day is my favourite. I have to stay fairly fit for work but it’s hard working crazy hours to be prepared.

Post # 157
712 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
bloomingflower:  You can take me off for this month, AF came 10DPO. Dissapointed, but overall pleased that my LP gained a few days, and I didnt have any breakthrough bleeding at all this month. Hopefully this is the start of better cycles. 

Post # 158
633 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015 - Anchor Inn, MD

View original reply
Ohhavok:Β  I’ve been seriously slacking on exercise as well. A couple years ago I was training my butt off for my first half marathon and was in great shape! Then in 2015 I did another half marathon (although I didn’t train as hard as I should have) as a way to stay in shape for my wedding. But after that I think I was burnt out and just didn’t want to do anything anymore. Especially because I never liked running to begin with! haha So now I’ve gained about 10-15 lbs over the last couple of years and am feeling generally crappy about my body. For the last 5-6 months I’ve been paranoid that exercise would hurt TTC chances but I’m starting to think my lack thereof is doing more harm than good. So I’m trying to get back in the groove now, starting with pilates because I love pilates and am hoping that doing something I actually enjoy will get me more motivated. DH and I are also doing a smoothie challenge — replacing dinners with healthy smoothies instead. So far I’ve lost 2-3 lbs since Monday so hoping it means it’s working!Β 

Post # 159
836 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

View original reply
jessc27:  Oh that was a very useful article!! My LP is 10 days, and I’d love to lengthen it.  I never realized that anxiety and PMS can cause low progesterone.  I have bad anxiety, and PMDD, so no wonder my LP is short!!

View original reply
Ohhavok:  I just started back at working out a month ago, and I feel so much better about myself! It’s amazing what exercise can do for both our pyhsical and mental health! Sunday I decided that Monday I was going to start a 10 day cleanse, so I’ve been doing that too! Trying to get rid of my everyday (more like after every meal) sweets craving!

View original reply
JMer711:  I’ve been wanting to jump on the smoothie train lately! I got a nutribullet for Christmas, and tried a couple of smoothies with spinach (which I love regularly), but I hated them, so I just quit trying! I need some good recipes!

Post # 160
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
Ohhavok:Β  Not sure if you remember me from the Dec board…I’m not going to roll call but we have the same poas date! Is that the day your AF is due? This is going to be our month (for reals this time)!!

Post # 161
633 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
natbrown0703:  I wonder if you’re doing too much spinach or if what you’re mixing with it doesn’t work, or if you need to do a mix like I’ve been using! I’ve been doing 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt, 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk, 1 cup (packed) of a spinach/kale mix (I think the kale helps balance it out with a milder flavor), 1 cup fresh diced pineapples and 1 cup frozen mangos. It’s pretty good! I play around with the fruit options a little — sometimes I add half a banana and decrease one of the other fruits by 1/2 cup so I don’t end up with TOO much fruit/sugar from the fruit. Sometimes I use a frozen berry mix (strawberries, blueberries and raspberries) or frozen whole strawberries. It’s fun to mix and match and see what’s good. What really inspired me to start was this chart I found on Pinterest that helped break down the different types of ingredients you could use. Made it seem so much easier to do! https://colombod2.wordpress.com/2013/09/04/how-to-make-the-perfect-smoothie/

Here’s another great resource with tons of recipe ideas for different purposes! https://sayyestohappy.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/smoothie-recipes-for-everything/

For a special desserty-type smoothie, I once substituted the yogurt for a couple tablespoons of Nutella (I’m sure that kills the healthy value haha) and used the berry blend and it was pretty good — even my stepdaughter loved it and was shocked when I told her it had spinach in it!

Tonight I’m going to try a carrot mango smoothie just to change up the veggies I’m using.

Post # 162
712 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

View original reply
bloomingflower:  SOOOO, I might have spoke too soon. Before I started bleeding, I took a test and when I found blood, I put the test to the side. I decided to take a look an hour later and saw a line, which I figured was an evap, but why the hell not pee on another stick since I havent had anything to drink this morning. 

A light line showed up again, this time within a minute. It’s not super dark but looks like a 10DPO line. I called my doctor to see me today for a blood test and to figure out why i’m bleeding, but… I tentitvely might be pregnant. 

What do you guys think?

Post # 163
633 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
ChooAndLou:  Looks like a positive to me! Especially if it came up in just a few minutes. I’ve heard of a lot of people spotting when they find out they’re pregnant, seems to be a relatively normal thing.

Post # 164
300 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
ChooAndLou:  definitely positive!!!

Post # 165
1309 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
jessc27:  yay!! I hope we O same day lol!! I stopped using my clear blue adv digital because it always did that for me πŸ™ it would give me peak days when i’d have NOTHING on my wondfo. Then every time my wondfo turned positive, I o’ed two days later. So that’s what I am sticking with now…. even though the CB OPK is much nicer and easier to read. Pretty pointless for me though if it’s not at the right time hahahaha.

View original reply
JMer711:  I literally could have written your entire post basically! I got the same way, burnt out from going so hard, then enjoyed my break too much which turned in to being like permanent recently hahah because i’ve been so terrified it would screw with TTC, but yeah, now I’m thinking it’s been the opposite…NOT working out has been affecting TTC. I feel like crap about myself right now, not confident, not comfortable, etc. So I need to get back to it…. asap. We can do it!

View original reply
natbrown0703:  Oh yeah!! Exercise is sooooo good for sanity and your health. I always, ALWAYS feel great after a workout, always better….just starting is the tough part. I need to get back into a routine, stop letting myself use excuses, having no willpower, etc. Because like I said above…I feel like crap πŸ™ Just all around in general. Not as healthy as I should be,  not confident, etc. πŸ™

View original reply
bettyfs:  of course I remember you girl πŸ™‚ yep, that is the day my AF is due. Yours too? Do you have FF?? This is our month!!!!!! πŸ™‚ Definitely hope for reals this time for both of us lol!! How funny would that be though?! Same situation before, same POAS date, and if it worked this month with sticky babies. OMG my FX sooo hard.

View original reply
ChooAndLou:  I see it!! Looks positive to me πŸ™‚ Congrats!!! FX it gets darker and you have a healthy 9 months!!

The topic ‘MAY 2016 POAS BOARD’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors