(Closed) MAY 2016 POAS BOARD

posted 4 years ago in TTC
Post # 16
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

Hello Bees! I’m about to start TTC and I loved being on these boards before, so I’m back!

Your age/Partners age: I’m 31, Hes 35

Baby#: 2!

Current Cycle Day: 8

Ovulation Date: May 3

POAS Date: May 14

Cycles trying: This will be our first. I got pregnant on our first last time. SO we’ll see if my luck holds out.

BFP Plan: Prenatals, healthy eating and exercise. 

FOR FUN THIS MONTH: I love marinated steak. And grilled pineapple drizzled with honey and cinnamon!

Post # 22
329 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2014

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 27/31

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 12

Ovulation Date: Not sure yet

POAS Date: May 23rd, my cycle really tricked me last month so I need to be sure I’m actually late before I test. 

Usual Cycle Length: 30-31 days with the exception of the 36 day cycle last month.

Cycles Trying: 3

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Just taking prenatals and BDing around fertile week

Link to Chart, if any: 

FOR FUN THIS MONTH- My favorite picnic recipe is guacamole! I use 5 large avocados, one chopped tomato, 1/4 white onion, and 2 diced jalapeños. Mix all together and add 2 teaspoons of fresh lime juice. I sprinkle a little bit of garlic salt, salt, and black pepper and it’s good to go! 

Post # 23
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2015

FX for everyone this month!!

Your age/partner’s age: 27/31

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: should be CD19 which is 9th May

POAS Date: 22nd May

Usual Cycle Length: last 3 months have been 34, 33 and 35 days

Cycles Trying: this is our second

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): taking it easy with OPKs this month as they caused too much stress last time. Going to temp and BD every other day as well as prenatal vitamins

Link to Chart, if any: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/61e397

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – I’m not much of a cook, so to bbqs I like to bring fruits salads or something sweet for dessert. Love brownies or cookies 🙂

Post # 24
1310 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

Your age/partner’s age: 27/37

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD3

Ovulation Date: Well I’m hoping this is a regular cycle since I just had a CP…if it is, probably CD21 which is May 9th. 

POAS Date: 5/20

Usual Cycle Length: 31 days

Cycles Trying: 5 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, vitamin C, EPO, Vitamin B  complex, temping, OPKs, BD as much as possible and going to try to BD in the AM O-1 and O since that worked for us last month (only difference in what we did lol, I went back and looked at previous months…each month on those days was always PM…so that and EPO were only new factors). 

Link to Chart, if any: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/61b3dd

Also, I agree with a PP. I loveeeeee veggies on the grill—for some reason they taste a million times better (and I love veggies in general). Grilled onions, asparagus, peppers, etc!!! delish! 

Post # 25
633 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015 - Anchor Inn, MD

I’m roll calling because FF says my POAS date is actually May 1 so I’ll be a borderline April/May POASer this go around!

Your age/partner’s age: 30/34

Baby #: 1st for me, 2nd for DH

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 6 DPO

Ovulation Date: 4/16

POAS Date: 5/1 (but I’m POASing early on 4/24, which will be 8 DPO, to see if I maybe get an early squinter surprise for our first wedding anniversary!)

Usual Cycle Length: 29 days

Cycles Trying: This is #5

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, charting, OPKs, Vitamin D supplements, eating pineapple w/ core, EOD BDing plus night of and morning/night after O (after success story from one of my friends who also had trouble getting pregnant). DH also has been eating watermelon as apparently that can help increase sperm count (although apparently it takes a couple months to see the results of that).

Link to Chart, if any: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/jmer711

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Ok this month I thought with the BBQ and Picnic seasons starting, maybe we can share receipes. It can be any recipe at all but if you have a favorite item that you like to bring to friends homes that may be fun to share. If you do not like to cook, what is your go to items to buy.

Much to the dismay of our waistlines, we eat a lot of pasta 🙂 A pasta dish I’ve recently been making that DH has requested on a weekly basis is Sausage Penne — even DSD likes it (and she’s super picky).

Sausage Penne

Ingredients:

-1 package Italian sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces (I get sweet or mild because DSD doesn’t like spicy, but get whatever you like)

-1 box of penne OR we just tried it with bow-tie pasta (farfalle) and it was delish too — really any short pasta would work great

-1 14 oz can diced tomatoes (get the kind with italian seasonings or roasted garlic/onion)

-1 6 oz can Contadina Italian Herbs tomato paste (I swear by this specific tomato paste — it’s the only kind I use for my pasta sauce! Others make my sauce taste tinny)

-1-2 large bell peppers, sliced into 1-2 in thin strips (1 red and 1 either green, yellow or orange)

-1 med white or yellow onion, chopped

-1-2 tbsp minced garlic

-1/4-1/2 cup olive oil — enough to cover the bottom of your sauce pan

-1 tbsp italian seasoning

-Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Heat olive oil in sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add sausage and saute until lightly brown. Add bell peppers, onions and garlic and saute until veggies are tender and sausage is cooked all the way through (you may want to cover and reduce heat a little so nothing burns while the sausage is cooking through).

2. Add can of diced tomatoes, then fill can ~3/4 with water and add to pan. Add tomato paste and stir. Add italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste and stir again. Bring to boil.

3. Reduce heat to simmer and cover.

4. Boil pasta as directed (recommend doing this in a large pot for the next step). Strain when done and return pasta to pot.

5. Pour sauce over pasta and stir until all pasta is covered.

6. Serve in bowls (helps keep it hot!) with shredded parmesan or parmesan-romano cheese sprinkled on top.

Hope everyone likes this as much as my hubby and I do!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  JMer711. Reason: Edited recipe
  • This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  JMer711.
Post # 26
1451 posts
Bumble bee

I wasn’t going to roll call this early but here it goes!

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 31/31

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD4

Ovulation Date: It’s my first cycle on Clomid so so lets say 5/2

POAS Date: 5/12

Usual Cycle Length: it has been 33-39 days so hopefully this will make them shorter!

Cycles Trying: 4

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Clomid, BBT, OPKs, prenatals

Link to Chart, if any: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/happy2bee

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Oh boy picnic food huh?  I have a really great pizza pasta salad I’ve done. 

6oz boiled penne noodles

1 package turkey pepperoni

1 cup olives (black or green)

1 onion chopped

1 cup shredded mozerrella cheese

1 cup boiled shredded chicken

1 chopped tomato

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix in this copycat olive garden dressing receipe!  Seen here http://thecozycook.com/olive-garden-salad-dressing/

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/may-2016-poas-board/#ixzz46aX4LQWS

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  happy2bee.
Post # 29
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Here we go again!

Your age/partner’s age: 32/34

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1

Ovulation Date: TBD, probably around 5/6 or 5/7

POAS Date: 5/19

Usual Cycle Length: 26-31 days, averaging around 28

Cycles Trying: This will be #5 (but we did have two months of NTNP where I was hopeful)

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Been taking it fairly easy for the first four months, but thinking of stepping things up this month. Prenatals, DHA, fertility tea, digital OPK, maybe Preseed (the idea of it weirds my husband out, but I have NO EWCM), and maybe temping. Amazon, here I come!

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – I love making fruit salads. I throw together strawberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges, pineapple in a bowel and add a simple syrup: honey, lime juice, lime zest and some finely chopped mint. It’s pretty much summer in a bowl!

Post # 30
233 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 31/31

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD27/3DPO

Ovulation Date: CD24 / 20th April

POAS Date: 7th May

Usual Cycle Length: Well since coming of BCP its been all over the place, upto 40 lowest 34 this is the 3rd month of charting and currently looking like its going to be another long one. Im super frustrated that they are so long. Im so jealous of women with 28 day cycles. AF last arrived at the end of March and i basically miss out the entire april and cant test till beginning of May. its really disheartening.

Cycles Trying: 2 (i know its not long and only just of BCP)

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): charting and temping. BD timing is hard with my shift work my DH being very busy with work we are like passing ships for days on end and this cycle it happened to be right when I got my positive OPK so we got 1 shot that night and that was it.

Link to Chart, if any:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/waterlilly15

I am wanting to take a break from charting etc and just see what happens but with things being so irregular i dont want to miss info that might be helpful down the track if we dont get that BFP. maybe i can just back it off and not temp for a month just do the OPK and CM? does any other bees do that?

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/may-2016-poas-board/#ixzz46bkcHyAG

The topic ‘MAY 2016 POAS BOARD’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors