249 posts
Helper bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 27/27

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 20

Ovulation Date: April 23

POAS Date: May 8

Usual Cycle Length: 33 days (irregular as I’ve recently come off the pill!)

Cycles Trying: this is our first for real cycle as my hubby finally moved back home 🙂

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): charting, prenatals

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! –

I need to buy a BBQ haha. We just moved into our first house on April 1!

My husband and I LOVE barbequed bacon-wrapped scallops. Pretty simple. Take a scallop, wrap it in bacon, and grill it on medium until the scallon is firm (but not so much that it’s rubbery!). I’d suggest using good sized ones instead of tin bay scallops.

Post # 32
1799 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age:c28/32

Baby #: 4

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD1 will be tomorrow.

Ovulation Date: may 15th or 16th

POAS Date: 23rd of May 

Usual Cycle Length: 28-30

Cycles Trying: 5

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): every second day but increase to every day from 11th for one week. Charting and temping. Prenatals, vitamin B, , Q10, vitamin d, vitamin e and vitamin c.

Link to Chart, if any:

here is Aus it’s starting to get cool and soon it will be winter and freezing and miserable so below is my favourite winter warmer. 

Chicken and Corn Soup.

– chicken breast

– chicken stock

– can of creamed corn

– fish sauce

– udon noodles

– vegetables (I usually use mushrooms, snow peas, bean shoots and spring onion)

boil the stock in a large pot. Place noodles and vegetables in a large bowl ( I also add chilli which is optional) and put in a splash of Fish sauce. Once the stock has boiled, put the diced chicken in the stock and cook on high for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in creamed corn. I will usually whisk in an egg at this stage to thicken it but this is also optional. Use a laddel to scoop chicken and stock mixture over the ingredients in the bowl. Garnish with friend shallots.

enjoy xx

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  jessc27.
Post # 33
322 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 25/25

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD21/Possibly O today?

Ovulation Date: I started drinking Maca powder last month which changed my O day a bit. So I’m ovulating sometime this week…lots of baby dancing just in case!

POAS Date: I’m going to go with May 5th for now

Usual Cycle Length: 33 days, except for the weird 38 day cycle last month

Cycles Trying: 1

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): I temped for a couple months to figure out when I ovulate, but we’re kicking off TTC by just bd’ing in the fertile week. I also take prenatals.

Link to Chart, if any:

FOR FUN THIS MONTH- I’m loving all these recipes, so many great ideas! I like to make energy balls using about 1/2 cup peanut butter (or almond butter,) 1/4 cup honey, 1 cup coconut, 1 cup oats, 1/2 cup ground flax seed and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. I vary the quanitites depending on what I have on hand, but I mix all of that in a bowl, roll it into balls and stick them in the fridge. They make a great on-the-go snack! Sometimes I add nuts, too. I just add more peanut butter or honey if they’re not holding together well, or more oats/coconut if they’re too sticky.

Post # 34
1130 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 30/32

Baby #: 1st!

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 6th

Ovulation Date: May 3?

POAS Date: May 14

Usual Cycle Length: 28-29 days

Cycles Trying: 3

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Just prenatals at the moment. Also excersicing and trying to eat healthy.

Link to Chart, if any: None

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – I really like this one:

http://homeiswheretheholmansare.blogspot.com/2010/08/lasagna-roll-ups.html

and this one:

http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/new-recipes/italian-sausage-tortellini.html

Now I’m hungry lol.

Post # 35
703 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 30/31

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 14

Ovulation Date: looks to be around CD 15-16 

POAS Date: I’d say 5/10

Usual Cycle Length: 28-29 days

Cycles Trying: this is cycle # 5 for us

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): BD timing, OPKs, healthy eating and more exercising

Link to Chart, if any: N/A

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! –  I always take my famous pasta salad to BBQs or parties. It’s nothing fancy but people love to eat it. It’s rotini pasta, chopped cucumbers, diced tomatoes, italian salad dressing, salad supreme and some sprinkled parm cheese. Toss together and let it cool in the fridge for a while. Quick to make and refeshing to eat!

P.S. Is it normal for your OPK to have a light line, a little darker, then super light all in a span of a few days before O? My OPKs usually have a gradual progression of the line getting darker but this month that’s not happening. 

Post # 41
47 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2015

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/26

Baby #:1

Current Cycle Day/DPO:CD 7

Ovulation Date: still trying to figure that out.. I’m going to guess  4/30-5/3? Somewhere in between there.

POAS Date: 5/15

Usual Cycle Length: last few have been around 25 days 

Cycles Trying:this will be our 4th actively trying 

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): first month temping and OPKs so hopefully that will pinpoint my exact O date. BD timing and prenatals. 

FOR FUN THIS MONTH! – Ok this month I thought with the BBQ and Picnic seasons starting, maybe we can share receipes.  It can be any recipe at all but if you have a favorite item that you like to bring to friends homes that may be fun to share. If you do not like to cook, what is your go to items to buy.

I love to bake so I’ll find something cute on pinterest and replicate it.

Post # 42
633 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2015 - Anchor Inn, MD

Welp tested early the last couple of days (8-10 DPO) and BFNs 🙁 I’m feeling like, once again, AF is going to show up right on time. Just not feeling very optimistic this month — I have 0 symptoms except some nausea the other day, which I think was just travel nerves (DH took me on a little anniversary trip this weekend). I know you’re not out until AF shows, and some girls end up with BFPs after not feeling any symptoms. Just figured I’d at least have a squinter at 10 DPO. Blah. This is cycle #5 and I’m just getting tired of BFN after BFN…

Post # 43
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I saw a new OBGYN today and I absolutely love her. Reminder to us all to switch doctors when you don’t have a good connection. I was sort of meh about my old doctor and am so happy I switched. 

I have a submucosal fibroid that she thinks might be the cause to my spotting issues and gave me two choices: go in and remove it or wait a few more months and up the BDing to every other day. I chose the latter since I’m only 5 cycles into this and to be honest, we probably don’t BD enough (not because we don’t want to, but because we work all the time – thanks Silicon Valley). No more excuses though. We will make it happen and are excited to do so 🙂 

New plan: preseed, BD every other day for two weeks. That’s it. I was going to start temping this month and use digital OPKs, but I really didn’t want to go that route just yet and she said she didn’t think I needed to. I hope she’s right!

Post # 44
79 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
arellan10: I totally get not BDing enough, my husband and I have polar opposite schedules, and the only thing I want to do by the time he gets home from work is SLEEP. Don’t touch me haha O week I suck it up because babies haha I hope this month goes great for you!! 🙂  

Post # 45
79 posts
Worker bee

5 DPO for me right now. Trying my hardest not to symptom stop, but I have all of these little twinges in my lower abdomen, hoping that means something good! 

The topic ‘MAY 2016 POAS BOARD’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors