May 2017 Bees – How's the Planning Going?!

posted 1 year ago in May 2017
Post # 2
495 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

yycbridetobe :  I’ve got a planner as I’m getting married in Greece. I send over what I want for the day and it will get done. This is very scary because I’m leaving it up to someone else, however I’m just happy to go with the flow. 

Post # 3
3014 posts
Sugar bee

We have booked the venue, photographer, and band, and are zeroing in on caterer and day-of planner. I’m wearing my mom’s dress and it’s almost ready to pick up from alterations. Need to figure out save the dates…I feel like that’s the next point of urgency.

When are you May bees sending out save the dates? 

Post # 6
495 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

yycbridetobe :  I’ve shown a few early signs of bridezilla I reckon I’ll be more stressed out later on. We’re getting married in Santorini. I literally cannot wait. I’ve waited 11 years so one more year isn’t going to hurt – haha!! 

Post # 7
4333 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: San Francisco City Hall

We have set our date for May 6, 2017 and will be getting married in St. Pete Beach, FL.  I found a fabulous vendor that coordinates everything!  I have the ceremony booked, beach picked out, decorations, chairs, sashes, arbor, live music, champange toast ready to go.  I also have my welcome bags complete and my eye on a design for wedding weekend itineraries.  I need to find a dress, book the block of hotel rooms, send STD’s and book flights.  I also need to decide on a makeup artist and hair stylist.  All in all it is coming together.

Post # 8
4333 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: San Francisco City Hall

tiffanybruiser :  I’m sending out my STD’s next month as we are doing a destination wedding and I want to give everyone advance notice.  Still unsure as to when formal invites will go out but I will need a final headcount in advance.

Post # 9
603 posts
Busy bee

tiffanybruiser :  I actually sent out save the dates already. I realize it’s early, but just about everyone we invited will have to travel. I was getting a ton of questions from family and friends and finally just decided to send them out to everyone.

Post # 10
603 posts
Busy bee

I feel like I have most of the major stuff done. Of the major things left, I have to…

– officially book my florist. I know who it is going to be but we had a slight hiccup with the venue so I want to wait until we view the venue’s newest renovations and new room we will be in before I commit to anything.

– decide on a cake. We have our baker booked but haven’t agreed on the flavor of the cake yet!

– find someone to do makeup and hair. I have a general idea of who I am going to go with but any suggestions are helpful!

– decide on the men’s tuxes.

– design and order invitations. (Yes, I am designing everything on my own! I might be crazy…)

– get alterations done on my dress. I have my dress but and I still need to schedule alterations.

Other than that… I think it’s only the little stuff now!

Post # 11
72 posts
Worker bee

I’m July 2017, but so far I’ve got the ceremony and reception venues booked, bought my wedding dress, catering and alcohol covered, save the dates ordered, asked my wedding party and found my photographer

still need to book and officiant, dj, flowers and the rest!

Post # 13
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2017

i’m getting married memorial day weekend and we’ve got our venue (on the beach with a carousel!), photographer, catering, coordinator, hair and makeup, bridesmaids dresses, and my dress all set! we sent out our save the dates (most of FI’s family has to travel, plus it’s a holiday weekend so we wanted to give everyone plenty of time) and will probably send out formal invites early in 2017. 

as of things still to do–dj, flowers (contemplating making my own, but i’m going to take a class to see if i’m totally crazy in thinking of this), need to firm up clothing plans for FI and groomsmen, and dessert (neither of us are crazy about cake, so we’re looking into an ice cream truck). i think thats most of it! 

love hearing what everyone else is up to! 

Post # 14
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2017 - Cafe la cave

May 6th here! I have my dress which I’m super anxious about it coming in. I’ve been losing weight since I picked it out and I’m nervous about the alterations. our venue has a cordinator and we’ll have our ceremony there… My FH cousin will be officiating. Flowers have been picked out. We have a fabulous photographer. All I need is to do our tasting. Pick out our wedding cake invitations bridesmaid dresses and find a DJ…and the hair and makeup 

Post # 15
82 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

May 20th is our date. So far we’ve booked the venue for the ceremony and reception which includes the catering,alcohol, cake, some decorations and coordinators. We’ve also booked our DJ, Photographer and Videographer. Sketches of bridesmaids dresses have been done and approved by all the girls.

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors