May 2017 bees!

posted 2 years ago in May 2017
Post # 3
55 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

Congrats!!! It seems like you have a ton figured out already.  We are getting married in May 2017 but haven’t settled on an exact date yet.  We are going to go tour venues next weekend.  I’ve narrowed it down to the top 7 or so.  I also have a list going of my favorite vendors but nothing has officially been booked yet. I’m going to start dress shopping next month. SOOOO EXCITED!!!

I am going to officially ask my bridesmaids this weekend. Just finished their proposal presents! <3

As far as colors go, these could totally change because the venue isn’t finalized yet.  But right now, I’m thinking of blush, gold, and accents of deep red.  

Post # 4
150 posts
Blushing bee

We’re looking at the 20th as well. We’ve been engaged since May 2015 and still haven’t figured out the guest list though so we have absolutely nothing booked or figured out. *sigh*

Post # 5
211 posts
Helper bee

Congrats!  We are may 21, 2016.  Coral and grey 🙂

Post # 7
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Were on may 20th as well! Just got engaged two weeks ago, and are looking at a venue (were 98% sure were picking it) this weeknd. I’ve had our photographer picked out forever now, and I found a DJ/Music company I like.  And the guest list was simple for us, we have a 140 guest minimum and were having a hard time even meeting that.

Were thinking pale rose, soft green, and gold accents…im hoping these will look great with the venue!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  lizthegypsy.
Post # 8
265 posts
Helper bee

May 13 here! We have our photographer and wedding planner so far. We’re signing with our venue Friday and dress shopping Monday! Pretty sure our colors are going to be navy, fuschia, light pink and gold. Those may end up changing to more of a theme instead of specific colors, not sure yet. We’ve been engaged for almost a year now and only have a rough draft of our guest list so far, so finalizing that needs to be done soon as well. 

Post # 9
55 posts
Worker bee

a.nichole:  

Thank you! That’s sooooo exciting though that you have so much of the planning done.  I think I know what I want for a wedding dress but I haven’t tried them on yet so I could totally surprise myself haha.  My mom actually lives in another state too hence the reason for shopping sooooo soon.  I want her to be there when I pick out my dress 🙂

Sorry for the delay in response.  I didn’t want the bridesmaids to potentially see this post before I got a chance to ask them haha.  But I made them each a card with a special poem, had champagne glasses made with their names on them, and had custom champagne labels asking them to be my bridesmaid.  I picture of one of the bridesmaid’s proposal presents is below.  For my maid of honor, I did the exact same thing, except since she is my sister I put together a photo collage with pictures of us growing up.  Everybody absolutely cried.  It was sooooo sweet!!!

Post # 11
121 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2017

Congrats!! I actually just posted looking for May 2017 brides!  We just got engaged and are still on vacation but haven’t booked anything yet. Looks like you hacentury a lot nailed down already, yay!! 

We are going with “colorful oriential.” But im having difficulty translating my vision to everyone else Lol. 

Post # 12
55 posts
Worker bee

a.nichole:  thanks so much! The girls absolutely loved them so I am super happy! 😀 As far as dresses go, I’ve been doing a ton of research on here looking at everybody’s gorgeous dresses. So far I think I want a mermaid dress with bling. My fiance has requested that it be sexy but not trashy haha. So I’m looking at martina liana, kittychen, and allure couture. I’ll definitely post pictures after my appointment next week looking for some opinions. Happy planning to you too!!! Looking forward to seeing how everything comes together 😀

Post # 13
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Hi! We are also getting married on May 20 next year. The only thing selected is the date! It will be a very small wedding. I’d like ivory, grey and burgundy as colour theme. No bridesmaids, one flowergirl. I started looking online for wedding gowns style. It is exciting!  Best wishes and good luck to you all!

Post # 15
250 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017 - Canvas Event Space

May 6th!

We are currently still on the hunt for a venue. We were actually supposed to see one last night but on the way there found out the appointment had to be cancelled at the last minute so we don’t get to see it for another couple weeks.

We went to an open house last weekend of a venue that I kind of had my heart set on, but actually seeing it in person it was a little shabbier than I thought it would be. But I did meet a wedding planner there that I’m really considering hiring – I think I really need the help! lol

And the official kick off for dress shopping is on April 23 at Kleinfeld Canada and I hope to goodness we have a venue by then! 

Leave a comment

Get our weekly roundup of the best of Weddingbee.
I agree to receive emails from the site. I can withdraw my consent at any time by unsubscribing.

Find Amazing Vendors