(Closed) May 2017 Mamas!

posted 4 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 46
2437 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
LLEU :  I recognize your name, you should have been in the January mama group with your first, I didn’t read your message until late and never got to add you to the fb group. So sorry, I guess things are coming full circle and we’ll get to go through things together the second time around 😬.

Post # 47
622 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
mrspinkiepie :  Wow good memory! Yeah my son was born January 2015. I’m really hoping we have a girl this time, because I’ve always wanted a daughter and so far, DH is set on two kids. But we’ll see, I know any healthy baby is a blessing. No idea what we’d name a second boy, though.

I know it is about 99% bloat, but does anyone else have a come-and-go belly?

Post # 48
2437 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

View original reply
LLEU :  haha I remember the most random stuff sometimes!

Post # 49
622 posts
Busy bee

I started bleeding at work today (bright red blood). Started around 4 pm, and it lasted about an hour and a half, saturated about 2/3 of a pad (which luckily I had in my work bag). I was sitting and my back started hurting and then the bleeding started. It seems to have maybe stopped but now I’m scared it’ll start again every time I get up or move. I called my doctor’s office but of course they were closed and since it isn’t a medical emergency I guess I have to just wait until tomorrow to see if they can see me. And try to figure out babysitting without telling family why I suddenly need to go to the doctor. This freaking sucks.

Post # 50
204 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
LLEU :  fingers crossed this is nothing more than a scare!! I’m so sorry you’re dealing with that 🙁 

Post # 52
253 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
LLEU :  oh my gosh! Hoping everything is okay! 

Post # 53
505 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

YAY thanks Cote for starting this thread- excited to see all of you here, especially 

View original reply
Cote1590  and 
View original reply
pinkisthenewblue because I feel like we all posted abot our BFPs on the same day in the August POAS thread!!

Anyway sorry for the late arrival to the party- my husband and I just moved back to the US after two years abroad in Central Africa. So, exhausted, but finally able to relax and think about all that is about to happen!

How far along are you? 4w 6d! (I think. Not been to the doc’s yet)

When is your estimated due date? May 10- I think!

How many cycles trying? 3

When did you get your BFP? August 26! I have a short LP, so that was 9 DPO, when AF was due. I tested with FMU and thought I saw something, so tested again with SMU, and there it was. And yes, I have been peeing on things ever since and LOVE how dark the lines have gotten!! 

Post a pic of your BFP: Oops don’t have any!

Who have you told? Just my husband, but I had to wait 4 days to tell him because we were traveling and around people! Oh, and my doctor in Africa because I am on malaria medication and moving and they had to take that into account.

When do you plan to tell more people: We would like to tell our parents, siblings, and a couple of close friends around 8 or so weeks after a heartbeat, but we’ll see. Everyone else will wait until after the first trimester (If I can get away with excuses at parties for not drinking for that long!!)

How did you tell your partner? We move around internationally for our jobs, and met overseas, so I had a fake plane ticket with the birth date as the due date, and some other jokes. He was confused, and then flipped out! We were trying, but I was keeping him in the dark on a lot of things, like that I was testing, because he loves surprises. And yes, he was surprised!

Any symptoms yet? Low-level nausea since the day I got my BFP. Usually around the mornings and evenings, especially if I haven’t eaten anything. It’s not bad, and I actually don’t mind it for now- I otherwise would not believe I am pregnant!

What are you most excited about? Everything! Seeing a heartbeat, that will make a lot of worries disappear. Seeing a tiny version of DH and I! Seeing my parents become grandparents- it will be their first and they are going to be over the moon! 

When is your first appt? None yet, I haven’t called the doctor’s! We just moved back to the US so I need to call my obgyn right away!

For fun- who are you most excited about telling? My parents! They don’t know we were trying, and have been (silently!) wanting a grandchild for years! 

Post # 54
505 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

View original reply
LLEU :  hugs- thinking about you. I hope everything is alright. 

Post # 56
622 posts
Busy bee

Thanks guys. 🙁 I called my OB office this morning and they sent me for some blood work–HCG and progesterone. I’m not sure how helpful that will be though, because isn’t HCG really only useful if you have a couple draws to see that it is rising/doubling? So just a one-time draw doesn’t seem like it should tell us much, unless the level is way lower than it should be at 5 weeks. I haven’t had any more bleeding since last night but am still cramping and really worried it will start up again.

Post # 59
1050 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

How far along are you? 4 weeks, 1 day

What’s your estimated due date: May 15

How many cycles trying? 1

When did you get your BFP? August 31

Post a picture of your first BFP if you want! 

Who have you told? Just my husband

When do you plan on telling more people? IF everything looks good at 8-10 week appointment, I’ll tell my parents, siblings, and inlaws, MAYBE my best friend. Everyone else- 2nd tri.

How did you tell your partner? I wanted to do something cute, but I was just so excited. I took the test when he wasn’t home the night before. So, when he woke up Friday morning, I just handed it to him.

Any symptoms yet? Sore breasts started last week, but I always have that before AF, so it’s hard calling that a symptom. Nothing else yet. 

What are you most excited about/for? Being a mommy!

When is your first appt? Waiting for the doctor to call my back, but she mentioned scheduling an ultrasound for later this week which seems super early, but they want to confirm how far along i am.

For fun – Who are you most excited to tell besides your SO? My parents. They’re going to be ecstatic. THis will be their first grandbaby and they have no idea we were ttc.

Post # 60
622 posts
Busy bee

My doctor’s office called, they already got the HCG back and it is normal. Towards the high end of the week 5 range, since I’m 5 weeks 4 days that is reassuring. She said they’d probably have the progesterone results tomorrow. I took my son for a walk and didn’t start bleeding so that put my mind a little at ease too. Still not out of the woods, but I’m feeling a little better than I did, at least. Thanks for the support, you guys. It means a lot. If you’re praying people, add one for me, if you don’t mind.

The topic ‘May 2017 Mamas!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors