Post # 61
1990 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Sussex, UK

Your age/ Partner’s age: 32/31

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD13 

Ovulation Date: 18th April (today!)

POAS Date: 2nd May. AF should arrive on 3rd May but the 2nd is our one year wedding anniversary and we’ll be abroad. I’ll take a FRER with me.

Cycles Trying: This is our 4th. We’ve had to take breaks because DH has been working abroad a lot in the last few months.

BFP Plan: We managed to BD yesterday and the two days before that. Today is my O day but DH is away for work again the next few nights. I temp and have been taking pre-natal vitamins since September last year.

Trying anything new this month: Nope. DH actually being home during part of my FW gives us a chance though!

What are you most looking forward to this summer?: Not technically summer but our short break early next month. We’re going to the south of France. I live in the UK so it’s only a two hour flight away. Always love summer parties and it’s my parents 40th wedding anniversary.

Post # 62
332 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

View original reply
MsGinkgo :  Hi I track °C, according with TCOYF you only need 1 digit, I think that one is enough

Post # 64
7084 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
MsGinkgo :  You definitely should track in 2 decimal places.  That’s the only way to see the subtle shifts in bbt…. I feel like it’s even more important in degrees C.  You can order BBT thermometers on Amazon.  They’re super cheap.

Post # 66
770 posts
Busy bee

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 28/27

Baby #: 1

Current Cycle Day/DPO: CD 1 – wanted to join May POAS right away after being greeted with AF this morning. Booooo

Ovulation Date: May 17 CD30 (at the LATEST I hope, will update if I O earlier)

POAS Date: May 31

Usual Cycle Length: 40 days – however, I had a long 3 month cycle after a mc in December and then this last one was 42 days so I am hoping that means they are going to continue to get shorter!

Cycles Trying: This will be the 3rd since mc; got pg 1st time on that cycle so I know I should not be complaining about waiting but man it is tough.

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Prenatals, BD timing (SMEP possibly?), charting temps, cm, and cp, ubiquinol, opk, fertilecm, and considering soy to move my o date up! I think that’s everything. So I guess we are trying every trick in the book!

Trying anything new this month? Fertilecm is new to me this month and if I choose to try soy isoflavones, that is also new. I can’t decide on this one – anyone tried it before to move o date up? Also going to try to NOT check cp after O! I did this cycle and totally psyched myself out thinking I was pg. Also going to try to not symptom spot in tww, we will see how that goes. πŸ˜‰

What are you most looking forward to this summer? Not working as much! I am a teacher so I will take a part time job and hopefully find time to relax. Also hopefully getting pregnant will be something to look forward to. πŸ˜€

Side note: My SIL is almost 11 weeks so it has been really difficult for me to remain positive. I want to be a support system for her, but she knows how badly I want to be pg as we were trying at the same time. She got pg, I didn’t, and now I am doing my best to be supportive and positive so that I don’t rain on her parade. It gets tough and it bugs me how much she coddles me, “God has a plan. It will happen, I just know it. Just stay positive. Blah blah blah.” I know she is just trying to help, but it bugs me. Sorry for airing this out there, but I just got my period today and she has been all mother hen about it and I want to ask her to just leave me be without being rude. She will be announcing it soon to family and while I am so happy for her and Brother-In-Law, I am also knowing that it will be tough to be around the familiy feeling excited and happy for her talking about it all the time when I sit and keep trying to conceive. Boohoo, I know I shouldn’t feel sorry for myself, but it feels like it’s in front of my face all the time and I am just ready for my turn. Okay I’m done now, sorry for the rant! πŸ™‚

Post # 68
770 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
MsGinkgo :  For sure! I know she means well so I’m always super nice to her even if it’s hard ha. I told her I just don’t want to discuss where I’m at in my cycle with her anymore. It was fun to chat about together when we were both trying, but now that it’s only me trying it’s not as fun and more stressful than anything I think. It psyches me out and I think about it too much. So I’m going to be more private and that should end her pity hopefully. πŸ™‚ good luck to you this cycle!! Hopefully we can both have January babies!

Post # 70
Hostess
1707 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
MsGinkgo :  I was just coming to gripe about my temps this cycle. My chart is looking super wonky!  I’m sorry that you’re having issues too. 

Our dogs haven’t been sleeping well for some reason lately, which means I’ve been waking up at odd times to check on them. I take my temp at the same time each morning but I think that my middle of the night/all hours of the early morning trips out of bed to check the pups have disrupted my temps. My chart is very jagged – it’s never looked like this before. I’m afraid I’m going to miss my O, so I’ve been making DH BD every day for the past week. 

Post # 71
785 posts
Busy bee

Apologies for the longest post in the world, haha. I’m trying to get caught up πŸ™‚

I was really hoping to get pregnant last cycle because I wanted to have the baby this year for insurance and PTO reasons and last cycle was the only chance we had of having the baby this year. It was kind of a blow for me but I’m feeling better now. The good news is I was banking a ton of PTO to use for mat leave that I get to take now so I think the hubs and I are going to Hawaii later this year for a vacation/baby moon (if I’m pregnant in the next couple of months). We are working on getting the room we’re going to use for a nursery cleaned out and I think we’ll plan to paint early next month which will be helpful to take my mind off of the TWW. I have a doctor’s appointment tomorrow and I’m going to get as much testing done as they will let me. We haven’t been officially trying a long time but we were NTNP for a while and had a MC that took a long time to resolve so I just want to make sure all of the levels they will test are okay.  

MsGinkgo :  That’s so nice your husband is so supportive. Mine is definitely supportive of the BD and having a baby but he doesn’t want to know when I’m ovulating or when my FW is which is hard for me because I’m the one that’s initiating during those periods (every single day). I totally get how you feel about your family. We spent Easter with my sister and she brags about how easily she gets pregnant (honestly ridiculously easy, like only having sex one time a month and bam she’s pregnant). One good thing that has come out of the TTC process is how sensitive it has made me towards the questions I ask people and how personal those decisions are. Make sure you’re testing with the OPK in the am too. I read a lot of things saying that morning isn’t reliable because the LH surge doesn’t appear in urine until the afternoon however I drink a ton of water too and if I’d waited until the afternoon I would’ve missed my surge last month. At first I was the same as your sister about planning our baby’s birth month, but at this point, after a miscarriage that took forever to resolve and trying a couple cycles with no results I don’t care what month our baby is born as long as it is healthy.

nwoman :  Keeping my finger’s crossed this is your cycle! I think I’m going to try robitussin this month too!

SeaOfLove : People are so inconsiderate. I’ve had a couple people be extremely nosy about when I’m having kids and I’ll usually just respond by saying that we’re thinking about it soon and some people have pushed for more information multiple times so then I’ll say that I would love to be pregnant right now but I miscarried my first pregnancy. Usually it makes them feel terrible, which makes me feel good (although I totally realize how horrible that is).

aebe14 : Finger’s crossed for you!

SundayKat :  Great tip about the grapefruit! I don’t love grapefruits but I’m okay if I juice it with a couple of other things. I’ll have to give it a shot during my FW this month.

tm6173 :  Agh, sorry your SIL is driving you crazy. One of my best friends got pregnant the same month I did but I had a MC. I’m so happy for her but it’s hard too, especially when she talks about how hard it was for them to get pregnant (they only tried for 4 months) and how many problems they had (one possible CP). I know it’s so selfish for me to think that. I’m not in their shoes and someone else would think that my journey is nothing compared to theirs and it’s not. Most of the time I can be super happy for her but I was really hoping to have a baby this year.

Post # 72
107 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
FutureMrsGrabs :  I had the same thoughts around insurance! I have a really high deductible and we already reached it this year because of our miscarriage ER visit and my daughter having to have surgery after breaking her ankle. We’re over $6,000 deep into medical bills for the year already so a delivery in December would’ve been largely paid for by insurance. In January it’ll be pretty much out of pocket! Yikes! 

Thankfully, my PTO restarts on 2/1 and they generally let us carry over 5 days. I can save up a lot of days and if pregnancy happens anytime soon, have some time off during the later part, which would be really nice. 

I’m sorry to hear about your miscarriage as well. Mine was in January but thankfully things went back to normal pretty quickly. I was 10 weeks, but lost it at 8. It took about a week to clear. In February I had a light/short period and by March it was pretty much normal (I hope it’s not against the rules to talk about this here – if it is, really sorry!! πŸ™‚ ). 

Post # 73
770 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
FutureMrsGrabs :  I don’t want this to sound bad, but it’s nice having someone who can relate! Yeah SIL got pg on the first try. And I hear you, I was so sure I would have a baby this year. πŸ™ it’s sad to realize that won’t happen. Now I just hope to become pregnant this year!!

Post # 74
7084 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
FutureMrsGrabs :  PTO is such a pain! I’m lucky that mine carries over, but I do max out. Right now we’re planning on either a long weekend nearby I’m August, or a vacation to see our families… It depends on how soon we get pregnant. If we’re not pregnant by mid-June, we’re going to take a whole week.

If we all just had a decent paid maternity leave, it would make family planning SO much easier.

The topic ‘May 2017 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors