(Closed) may 2017, where are you at?

posted 3 years ago in Reception
Post # 2
1169 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

Hi!  I’m May 27th.  I also feel like I’ve forgotten something, but I don’t think so.  Everything is ready to go basically.  I just need to get parent gifts still, but that’s kind of it for major things.

I requested my time off work this week.  That turned into more days than I thought I needed because my family is coming in on the Tuesday before.  Luckily the Monday before is a holiday here so that’s only four days off for the week.   I’ll be going back and forth to the airport on Tuesday now, but that’s ok I’m glad they’re coming.  

Meeting the coordinator next week to make a timeline and that kind of last minute stuff.  Once all my RSVPs are back I’ll know how many programs to order and can do the seating chart.

Post # 3
163 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2017 - the garden house, seattle

I’m May 13th. We’re having a smallish cocktail reception and are still figuring out if we need to have lawn games or something like that to entertain people. (If we do, I’m pushing for glow-in-the-dark bocce ball.) There is so much to do: my first dress fitting is tomorrow, we need to meet with our officiant and plan the ceremony (she’s a dear friend who’s been stressed lately so I’ve been putting it off), we need to buy gifts for the wedding party and some decor items, we have to come up with programs, I have to finish knitting hearts for the favors, and we have to figure out the display for the guest book. And probably other stuff I can’t think of right now. I am so disorganized that we didn’t even have a day-of timeline until my bridesmaid who is a project manager sat us down and made us come up with one. 

How many out-of-town guests are y’all having? Did you do room blocks and welcome bags? We’re not doing that and I wonder if we should’ve.

Post # 4
454 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2017

I have all the major stuff done and I’m going to start alterations this Tuesday. I just need to worry about decor and small details. Next month is a lot of my final payments and I’m still in sticker shock! 

The topic ‘may 2017, where are you at?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors