(Closed) May 2018 POAS

posted 3 years ago in TTC
Post # 391
303 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

View original reply
happileebee :  Amazing news!! Congrats!!

View original reply
throughthelookingglass87 :  So far I’ve given him the option of being in the loop or not. He always picks being in the loop. Twice a day!! Oh my! Lol. 

Post # 392
1917 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

Start femara medication tomorrow, and have another baseline ultrasound. im curious as to why im having another ultrasound, will femara do anything after only one day of taking it, or is that standard procedure for every month i go back? 

DH and I plan on just starting to BD everyother day once AF ends, and then every day for four days once i get positive opk. The RE recommends using clearblue opk, to predict ovulation, but i never had luck with those digital ones, so i plan on using both clear blue along with my wondfos tests. 

Post # 394
2173 posts
Buzzing bee

joybird16 :  Those are great little wins! I love your optimism!

Post # 395
303 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Kslim13 :  I’m taking letrozole, which is the off brand femara. At the clinic I go to right now they do CD3 ultrasound and CD12 to check for follicle growth, then optional CD18ish to see if the follicles released. 

The last clinic we went to (when I got pregnant with my daughter) just did day21 bloodwork, no monitoring ultrasounds. I think every clinic is a little different. I would definitely ask what they’re checking for at each appointment if you’re not sure. 

Also, FWIW each place has given us a ‘sex schedule’ (romantic, right? Lol) based on my monthly progression. I was warned against just blanket EOD throughout the cycle so the ‘boys’ could build up and be of a higher quality. But who knows! 

Good luck!! 

Post # 396
308 posts
Helper bee

winterroasted :  Ha! a sex schedule! I agree though, EOD during the whole cycle sounds extreme for TTC purposes, expecially now that we know how important FW is. 

My aim is EOD during FW and 3 days in a row with O in the middle. That would be ideal, but still havent had that yet!  This past month was our best timing compared to our other months, but nothing came of it.  Need to up the ante on the next one.

Post # 397
319 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I tested today at 8dpo and got this vvvfl. I couldn’t help myself and tested later in the day with an [email protected] cheapie and got a bfn πŸ™ I’m going to try my frer tomorrow with fmu. 

Post # 398
442 posts
Helper bee

Hi all, I haven’t roll called this month. D.H. has been out of town for 6 weeks, so we missed last cycle altogether. I thought he would be back in time for this FW, but I just got a positive OPK today (Sunday), and he doesn’t get back until Tuesday night!  So frustrating!!!!  We will still BD of course, but it looks like he will *just* miss it. Arrrghhh!!!

He is also scheduled to get his second SA next week. Interested to see if it will be much different from the first one, which he got right before he left. 

Post # 399
1120 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
joybird16 :  I love the positive outlook! A 12 day LP is fantastic! Just a matter of time now 😊

View original reply
happileebee :  eeeeek congratulations!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

View original reply
ladycomfypants :  Argh that is SO frustrating. 😣 I’m sorry bee! FX the SA results come back improved, at least!

Post # 400
2666 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

View original reply
megasaurus_rex :  8dpo is super early, don’t worry yet!

View original reply
ladycomfypants :  so frustrating 😬

AFM, first time we’ve ever gotten “high score” for timing on ff. 

Post # 401
1917 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016

View original reply
winterroasted :  . But ive read that it can make you o early or later then you typically would. I’d hate to miss the o date spending the kinda money we are. Dont know how accurate that is though.

I figure EOD or every two days up till FW then every day for 4 days once I get a positive o test.

Post # 402
303 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Kslim13 :  Hard to say, I wasn’t ovulating on my own so I don’t have much to compare it to. But my cycle length is staying the same, so I’m not sure. I asked the nurse at the clinic if the drug made O day change, and she said no… but I’m not sure. 

In terms of the schedule, you have to do what works for you! Im monitored with bloodwork and ultrasound and I just started using OPKs so I’m pretty confident in when I’m ovulating. I’m also in Canada where the drugs/appointments are covered, so If I was in the same boat as you I’d probably be doing the same. 

Good luck!! I hope femara helps!

Post # 403
303 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
anev :  Woohoo!! High score!! I don’t use the app, but if I had ‘high score’ on anything I’d feel like a winner! 

Post # 404
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Congrats to everyone with positive tests! I’m still sitting here with a halfway positive test. I’ve had high fertility on my digitals since last Sunday, so 8 days worth. The papers say you’re unlikely to hit peak fertility if you have more than 9 days of high fertility. I wonder if they don’t work for me? They did with my last pregnancy though. My husband was going to get a different brand yesterday while he was out, but he forgot. I think I may get one when I get off work this morning. We’ve managed to bd every day except for Sunday so I feel pretty confident about that part. Just looking for encouragement I guess.

Post # 405
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

I got a cheap ovulation test from Wal-Mart on my way home. Definitely negative, right? The test line needs to be darker than the control?

The topic ‘May 2018 POAS’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors