May 2018 POAS

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 481
2188 posts
Buzzing bee

alawyerbee :  Congrats! I’d also call your OB. They might want to do a blood test or at the very least, schedule your first prenatal appt.

Post # 482
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2017

larissakay :  Thank you! I was thinking about calling, but wasn’t sure if it’s too early since I won’t have officially missed my period until Sunday. I actually have a slip for a blood test from my annual a few weeks ago that I haven’t been able to do since she wanted me to come in first thing in the morning after fasting and work has been crazy. Maybe I will call them to see what they want me to do. I’m pretty lost about what to do now that I’m actually pregnant! My whole focus algae been on getting pregnant. LOL

Post # 483
149 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

alawyerbee :  Congrats! FX for a sticky bean!

AFM, AF showed up this morning so onward to June.

Post # 484
790 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

NicoleLyn1218 :  Im super late to the game but I’ll be POAS tomorrow πŸ™‚

Post # 485
49 posts
Newbee

sleepymelis :  I like the look of that temp jump.  Keeping my fingers crossed for you! 

alawyerbee :  I second calling your OB.  Hoping that they’ll be able to get you in soon to do some bloodwork soon.

Post # 486
796 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

alawyerbee :  When you call your doctor, just say that you had a positive pregnancy test and ask what their office policy is for handling such things. That should inform you as to what will happen and help you manage any expectations for appointments. (Last pregnancy I called before my period was due and got an appointment at 6 weeks. I waited long and hard for that appointment and expected a lot. I found out that my office does a 6 week urine only pregnancy confirmation/brief symptom check/informational appointment followed by an 8 week ultrasound if everything sounds normal at the 6 week check. To say that first appointment was a letdown is an understatement, haha)

Post # 487
2188 posts
Buzzing bee

alawyerbee :  They don’t care how pregnant you are, just that you are! I think a lot of docs will just ask you for your LMP and schedule you for an appt at 8 or 12 weeks, but different practices handle it differently so it doesn’t hurt to call. 

But definitely what PP said, make sure you know what to expect at that appt. My doc does ultrasounds at the first appt at 8 weeks, but my friend’s doc just does a urine pregnancy test and a cervical check at that point.

Post # 488
790 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Hi bees! Im currently CD 30, 3 days late with cramping all day today. My cycles have always been 26 or 27 for as long as i can remember. Its a weird cramping though thats different than normal period related stuff. Im staying with family so i cant easily sneak out without noticing to buy a test. Did anyone who got a BFP have cramps around the same time AF was due? I dont want to get my hopes up. 

Post # 490
1118 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

mrsalexander :  yup, I was crampy when I got my BFP. Like you said though, not normal cramps – more sore and pinchy than usual, plus mild crampiness. You need to get yourself a FRER ASAP 😊

Post # 491
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2017

NicoleLyn1218 :  I tested yesterday and BFN, not even a hint of anything I could squint at πŸ™ AF due today and very crampy so I know she’s on her wicked way!

Post # 492
2188 posts
Buzzing bee

mrsalexander :  The cramps are actually why I didn’t test the morning of my test day since I was so sure AF was showing up early. Can you make an alone time excuse to go buy a FRER? No shame in testing in a public bathroom either!

Post # 494
357 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

mrsalexander :  With my daughter I had enough cramping to make me think AF was imminent. It was a little different – more pinching pain instead of the ache of AF cramps. It must be torture to not be able to test!! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors