May 2018 POAS

posted 1 year ago in TTC
Post # 811
1111 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

mrizzle :  I truly wish you the best of luck whichever direction your family chooses to go. Adoption is difficult but beautiful. Best wishes!

Post # 812
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

anabolina :  Thank you for your support, and it is so nice to meet a fellow foster mom. We’ve planned on putting our license on pause while our boys are young, and then opening our home back up when they get a bit older. I felt physically compelled to begin fostering when I did, and I really believe it was so our sons could become part of our family. I’m not really sure what the future holds for our family but I have faith that if we are meant to have a third he or she will find their way to us in time. 

It’s so great you’re able to keep in contact with your foster daughter. I recently was put in touch with a family that my boys were placed with quite a while ago and it’s been very cool to share photographs and experiences with them. They were able to share some baby photographs of our littlest who we previously had no baby pictures of so that’s been really amazing. 

Post # 816
1869 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

mrizzle :  I agree that it’s great when you can stay in contact with former placements and even be there if they have to be removed again.  We closed my house provably 3 months before the wedding because I decided to move in with Dh rather than him moving in with me.  That meant a different county and new inspections and Dh needs to do the class anyway. We decided we would try ttc for a year and if that failed, begin the foster licensing process in our county after we’d been married a year.  Since we’re expecting though,  the fostering timeline will be pushed back until a year after he or she is born,  unless we decide for a second,  and then another year back.  Although at that point,  we would need a new house too lol. 

Fostering can be sonfrudtrating and heartbreaking too.  Traumatized kids can have behaviors that sound so normal to someone not dealing with it every day.  So often,  it’s just normal kid. Stuff on steroids.  I never had a verbal placement t long enough for this to happen,  but a good friend fostered a 9 year old girl and as the girl came to trust her,  she opened up more about the sexual abuse,  but it took her being in a safe place for 6 months before she opened up.  In a way,  thank goodness the mom didn’t work her plan because if she’d been sent home before that,  they wouldn’t have found out about it.  They were able to reach some resolution  although the offender was only 14 at the time,  so he didn’t do jail time,  they did counseling and he has to stay away from her.

The former foster daughter I’m seeing next week is one I tried really hard to get and send baby pictures of to her aunt. And videos too.  I knew from the beginning of the placement that the aunt was doing an icpc, so we Skyped with her regularly.

NicoleLyn1218 :  thanks for the chart Nicole.  You did a great job and I really hope you get good news soon! 

I appreciate your time and efforts in this thread.  We are still plugging away.  Thank goodness the spotting hasn’t returned. Hopefully as is well with our little rutabaga. 

Post # 817
556 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2014

NicoleLyn1218 :  thanks you did a great job! Lots of fertile fairy dust indeed! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors