May 2019 POAS – Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 1 year ago in TTC
Post # 136
652 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
NicLE1218 :  Sorry for your BFN and FX for your next cycle!

View original reply
EllyAnne :  Enjoy your anniversary dinner ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 137
765 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
RaccoonKitty :  8 fertilized! Those are great numbers! (now that I know what the numbers are supposed to be like ๐Ÿ™‚ ) Hope a good portion of them (or all!) make it! And thank you for the insight on the protocol. I didn’t realize the bcp was for patient batching. That’s rather annoying I can’t just start on stims with my next period. 

Post # 138
2030 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Sussex, UK

annili Thank you โค D.H won’t be home til around 9pm but we still need to BD. His alarm goes off at 4:30am now so he has little time between getting home and going to bed.

Post # 139
356 posts
Helper bee

EllyAnne :  Happy Anniversary! I’m so sorry that people were so rude to you. I don’t understand why people don’t just keep their mouths shut. 

NicLE1218 :  I’m so sorry. FX for the next one. 

Post # 140
652 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
EllyAnne :  Alright, so you have a tight schedule ๐Ÿ˜‰ Enjoy your anniversary love!

Post # 141
2684 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
EllyAnne :  enjoy your anniversary!!! ♥๏ธ It will be special, no matter how short of a time you have together before bedtime. I cry every cycle, but last cycle was the absolute worst when I realized a chance of a 2019 baby was gone, and I was so positive it had worked. Well, it is what it is and we will try again. As far as the families go, it is so so hard. We have had a few comments lately from DH’s family who don’t know about any of the struggles and it is so difficult,  but we don’t want to tell them at this time due to his family issues and there being no sperm. My family, on the other hand, knows about everything. 

Depending on when AF shows, I may have a chance at an end of the month POAS! 

Post # 143
765 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
NicLE1218 :  Family comments are the worst! Hugs to you! I think a 2020 baby has a better ring to it ๐Ÿ˜‰ 

Post # 144
2684 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
goldenbrown :  I think so too. Hoping we all get 2020 babies. 

The spotting has already started, and I even did the progesterone supp this morning before I knew the test would be negative….I guess I didn’t really need to take that test ๐Ÿ˜•

Post # 145
1306 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

Sunday is Cinco de Mayo so Iสปll probs test that morning (14dpo) before throwing back a couple corona by the pool 

Post # 146
652 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
NicLE1218 :  So sorry. Be kind with you ๐Ÿ™ FX for your end of the month POAS!

I think I did something not very smart today. Since my fertility clinic didn’t answer calls on tuesday and never responded to 2 mails from wednesday, I called them today. Calling them takes at least 15minutes to talk to a human being, and I asked about a call from the doctor and the lab results (= what I wrote in the mail).

And I actually said that it’s very hard that communication with them is always a one way thing of unreplied mails, missing updates, forgotten details and unanswered calls. The doctor will call me on Monday evening to disuss next steps, like 1 week after the first call, what I’d consider pretty late for the given situation because it’s usually literally a 4min conversation.

Now I’m disappointed on the one hand and embarrased on the other ๐Ÿ™

Post # 147
356 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
annili :  Do not be embarassed. Your doctor SHOULD have called you back, and not a week later. You deserve to hear from the Dr. about what the lab results show, and what they think happened.  You are just being a good advocate for yourself. 

Have you considered going to another clinic, if you can? If communication is a big issue with this one, maybe another one would be better. 

Post # 148
652 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
heartandstars :  I can’t stop ugly crying today. The doctor did call me 2h after I called, and he basically told me that DH and I have pretty much all the issues and that the miscarriage is caused by my bad egg quality and endometriosis. I just have too many defects in my eggs. I feel SO! guilty anyway, but after this call, I just couldn’t take it anymore.
Changing clinic is difficult because the clinic like 1km doesn’t have insurance support, so twice the price, and all the others are far of with public transport.

On the brighter side of things, the DH’s sperm analysis after 3 month of tamoxifem and different supplies came in. It is completely normal, like from OAT to picture perfect. I don’t know what to think today.

Post # 149
356 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
annili :  Please don’t feel guilty. Nothing you did caused this. This is NOT your fault.  You have no control over things that happen inside your body. I know it must be so hard right now, but you must remember that it is not your fault. I’m thinking of you <3

Post # 150
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

goldenbrown :  Sorry about the disappointing timeline. We’re looking at starting IVF this summer, but I think DH is having a hard time believing me about the timeframe.

RaccoonKitty :  Great results! FX one of these is your baby!!

heartandstars :  I ovulate way later, but I generally get just a small temp rise the day after ovulation and then it shoots up more the second day. I don’t get crosshairs for at least 3 days after ovulation.

EllyAnne :  Sorry for the dumb comments, people are just so ignorant. And happy anniversary!

NicLE1218 :  So sorry for the BFN. How many IUI cycles are you guys planning to do?

annili :  I’m so sorry for the crappy test results. I’m switching clinics (despite my insurance not covering a new one) because I just feel like I have to advocate for myself too much and my RE still thinks we’ll get pregnant anytime. 

AFM, I got a positive OPK this morning (not super positive, so I should get that tonight/tomorrow). I don’t have much hope for this or any cycle, but then I added in a low dose thyroid medicine about a month ago, so of course there’s me still getting my hopes up some. Hoping we can have good timing this weekend.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors