May 2019 POAS – Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 6 months ago in TTC
Post # 226
304 posts
Helper bee

danakxox :  This is perhaps indelicate but – better bang it out in case it is O! 

AFM we are officially scheduled for IVF in September. I don’t think the timing will work out due to family stuff so I’m going to ask that we be moved down the wait list to November, as much as that sucks. 

I tested this morning at 12DPO and it was negative. The RE thinks it could have been too early and to test again so I think I’ll wait until 15DPO on Thursday. I had so many symptoms – the temp dip, pale pink spotting, cramping that’s gone away. I hope I’m still in it but preparing for the worst. 

Post # 227
1312 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

heartandstars :  dont worry im *on* it 不

Ooohhh im so hopeful for you still

Post # 228
3290 posts
Sugar bee

danakxox :  Looks like we’re basically cycle buddies, I’m CD7 today. I’m on femara so I’ll probably O on CD12 (if my other femara cycles are anything to go by), and then have a stupidly long lp. Ahhhhh I hate having stupid PCO.

Post # 229
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

We’re on the waiting list for icsi! We should get our appointment for it in 6-8 months.

My clinic is doing all icsi just now even when sperm quality is fine because they have seen better success rates. They might be moving to ivf for some women over the next 6 months but it’s not anticipated that they will for women like me because of my endometriosis (which gives me a lower success rate )

There’s a long and difficult journey ahead but at least I’m finally on the road.

Post # 230
613 posts
Busy bee

heartandstars :  sorry for the BFN Also hope everyone got through Mother’s Day ok, and was able to take care of themselves. 

danakxox :  I hate fake Os! I’ve only just started temping again but it always seems to be wrong at first. Hope you get actual O soon!

Post # 231
2657 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

danakxox :  keep that BD train a running!!!! When D.H. and I come back to Maui you’ll definitely be visited by us. 

Post # 232
2657 posts
Sugar bee

lucky_charm :  awesome that you’re on the waiting list. Hoping the next 6-8 months go by quickly…..and that you’ll be on the shorter end of the wait. 

Post # 233
304 posts
Helper bee

lucky_charm :  My clinic is also doing ICSI, he said its standard. Hopefully the next 6 months fly by!!!!!  It looks like we are moving our IVF to November so it will be 7 months for me. We can be waiting buddies. 

Post # 234
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

tulipdazey :
  can you please move my POAS date to 5/26.

The saga that is infertility continues (sorry it’s so long!) ……

So AF arrived last month so we decided this would be our first IUI cycle.  Thought I would go in for bloods on CD10 so I called on CD3 and they said I was meant to come in CD2 or 3 but 4 was fine so I went in.  Everything looked good with ultrasound, they did bloods and Dr told me to come back on CD11.  A few hours later nurses called and said my bloods showed elevated estrogen and to come in on the Friday (CD7) instead.  Well … my husband was traveling until late Monday night so they said I could wait until Monday (CD10) and we’d either miss a crazy early O or still be on track for IUI.  Mind you  I had consistently Oed on/around day 18 for months.  Went in yesterday and ultrasound showed I had either JUST ovulated or had a follicle.  Nurses called later in the day and said bloods showed I had just ovulated so we should BD last night and come in for an IUI today.  We did all of that and now I wait.

BUT, ladies, I don’t feel good about any of this.  I feel like there is no way I Oed on CD10 and that we did the IUI too early.  I asked the NP who did my IUI why they thought I O’ed and she said my LP(?) hormone wasn’t elevated but progesterone was at 1, indicating that we missed the surge and O was happening.  I’ve basically convinced myself that the progesterone was at 1 b/c of the supplements I took last cycle (mind you I only stopped taking them when AF arrived on May 4th) even though the NP told me that was highly unlikely. I did have some CM right after AF ended so MAYBE I did just O crazy early.  We’ll continue to BD this month just in case but wasn’t what I expected from our first IUI.

Thanks for letting me vent.  If you have any thoughts/advice/words of wisdom, I’m happy to hear them

Post # 235
1312 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

heartandstars :   RaccoonKitty :   NicLE1218 :  

So SO has a pinched nerve in his neck and can barely sit up on his own. BD妡ing is off. I took a OPK yesterday at 6:30PM-ish and it was probably officially negative but only very slightly by really studying it. My temps are still well above my highest CL. if yesterday was O day (which I still doubt) we hit o-1 and o-2. Not our best but hey, our best didn妡t get us a BFP anyways haha

Has anyone noticed any new changes in the FF VIP? I just renewed and they have a progesterone test + or – now, and on the recommneded mode it guesses based on OPKs in your chart as well  when it used to be only OPK setting would do that. More things to play with haha

Post # 236
613 posts
Busy bee

NicLE1218 :  thanks! 

heartandstars :  yes to being waiting buddies! Maybe we’ll be icsi cycle buddies too.

ChiTownBee27 :  sorry that sounds stressful. You’d hope the professionals could get it right on your O day- and maybe they did! Can you temp or do opks next time so you can confirm O for yourself and check it matches up with what they say?

Post # 237
2657 posts
Sugar bee

danakxox :  Ahh damn. Well here’s hoping your BDing is enough and the supplements are helping your cycle out…..for a BFP result. Come onnnnn spermies swim to that egg. 

ChiTownBee27 :  So sorry you’re dealing with such ups and downs. I guess I would just try to trust them this time around….and do OPKs and temping next time around to see if it lines up with their predictions. 

Post # 238
386 posts
Helper bee

Posting here since there’s only 1 person in the June group with me so far, hope you guys don’t mind!

Today is my HSG! So excited/nervous/freaking out.

Post # 239
1981 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2016 - Sussex, UK

BeepBopB00p :  Good luck! I had mine whilst they carried out during my laparoscopy so I don’t know what it feels like but hopefully youi’ll be fine. Let us know how it goes.

lucky_charm :  My clinic prefers ICSI too. I wonder if it was an NHS decision across the board or decided clinic by clinic.

Post # 240
304 posts
Helper bee

BeepBopB00p :  Good luck! It’s not too bad of a procedure overall. I had some cramping when they put the dye in, but no cramping or bleeding after. It was just a pelvic ultrasound plus some other stuff. I’m about to roll over to June so I’ll be joining you soon on the June board! 

lucky_charm :  Hopefully you get to start a bit earlier than us, but being cycle buddies would be good!

danakxox :  Your poor SO! I hope he’s feeling better now. You did what you could. And if you did O, your timing was good. 

ChiTownBee27 :  That is so confusing. It doesn’t sound like you got very many clear answers from the nurse. I don’t really know enough to give advice but it can’t hurt to keep BDing through the month. 

AFM I tested again today and it was negative. I’ll test one final time tomorrow morning and then go off the progesterone. I was SO CERTAIN that I was pregnant based on the pink spotting followed by the cramping. Since that happened on Friday night and then Saturday, I would have gotten a positive result by now. I’m struggling this week, not going to lie. The news that we are officially booked for IVF plus the negative tests has caused some big emotions. I think I’m going to look into starting counselling next month, as I just need someone neutral to talk to. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors