May 2019 POAS – Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 5 months ago in TTC
Post # 241
1368 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

BeepBopB00p :  Make sure to take some Advil or something 30 minutes prior. Hopefully you won’t have any blockage! My clinic gave me a stress ball to squeeze during it. So that might be a good idea? 

Post # 242
1316 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: City, State

No O. Today’s temp totally dropped as I expected. Hopefully it gives SO some time to recover and I O around cd20 again, it’d be great to have a regular O day. Really not sure why I get faux cd9 surges with high temps but predictability is getting better 🤔

Post # 243
222 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

ChiTownBee27 :  Sorry it’s been so crazy/stressful. I always O later too, so that would just be crazy to think that you’d O early out of nowhere.

BeepBopB00p :  Hope it went well!

heartandstars :  I’m glad you’re starting the IVF process, but so sorry about the BFN. I had that a few cycles ago – what I thought was an implantation dip, some spotting/cramping around 8 dpo, and then same thing – BFN. Glad you have something to look forward to!

danakxox :  Hope your SO recovers quickly and you get great timing!

AFM, my cycle is definitely off this cycle. The only thing I can attribute it to is the thyroid medication I’ve been on about 5 weeks, but I was only borderline high and it generally doesn’t affect your cycle too much. My pre O temps were lower than normal, my post O temps are lower, and I Oed later than usual. I’m not expecting anything to happen, just going with normal cycles until we start IVF in a few months.

Post # 244
611 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2016

BeepBopB00p :  how did your HSG go? 

heartandstars :  I get what you’re saying about struggling emotionally, I was excited at first yesterday knowing we were finally on the waiting list but my emotions have been all over the place since. We get counselling offered as part of the fertility treatment so I might book a session.

EllyAnne :  oh I’m not sure, I got the impression it was unusual to do all-icsi but I might be wrong!

Post # 245
337 posts
Helper bee

HSG was easy breezy and everything was normal! Hubby’s test is next!

Post # 248
2632 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

danakxox :  What a mindf*k. I hope you O around CD20 too, and that SO heals quick!!! 

Post # 249
1458 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

tulipdazey :  rolling over to June

sorry I’ve been mia everyone, I’ve been reading and keeping up but no time to reply to everyone individually!

Post # 250
710 posts
Busy bee

Not rolling over yet, but just started spotting. As much as I’d LOVE for it to be implantation bleeding past experience tells me it’s just AF. 

Also back from Israel! I am not religious and don’t really pray, but I totally prayed at the Western Wall for a baby and slid a written prayer into a crack in the wall. Also prayed in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. I figure it can’t hurt! 

Sorry I’ve been mia and haven’t responded to all the updates! 

Post # 251
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

heartandstars :  I’m sorry this has been a rough month for you.  TTC can be such a roller coaster, the highs are super high and the lows suck!  I am in camp therapy is never a bad idea.  higs xx

Post # 252
258 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

lucky_charm :   NicLE1218 :   heartandstars :  Thanks for all the responses.  No updates here but still no noticeable CM whichi I *think* has started by now in the past few months so I’m crossing my fungers and toes taht I just O’ed super early and we still have a shot this month.  If I O’ed when the dr thinks I did, we BD on O and did IUI O+1!

Post # 253
710 posts
Busy bee

Officially rolling over to June. AF showed up two days early. 

Finally some good news! Because my period came early I can start IVF in May instead of June because of when the embryo lab has to shutdown for diagnostics. Going in tomorrow morning for bloodwork and if everything comes back normal they are starting me on a short course of bc then starting injections June 2. 

Post # 254
2632 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2017

goldenbrown :  crappy that AF showed up early, but yay for getting to start IVF sooner!!!!!! 

AFM, my CD12 US showed a 20mm on my left ovary and a 22mm on my right. Triggered that night and just had my IUI. 51 million sperm. Come onnnnnn! Fertilize and implant. This is the highest amount of sperm there have ever been in a sample! ♥️♥️♥️ Praying so hard. 

Post # 255
284 posts
Helper bee

NicLE1218 :  Praying for you!!!! 

goldenbrown :  Sorry your period showed, but awesome that you get to start IVF early! 

ChiTownBee27 :  Thats pretty good timing – crossing my fingers for you! Thank you for your kind words. Some months are so easy and some are not. This is just one of those months. 

anev :  Sorry for the roll over 🙁 

lucky_charm :  Yeah, exactly. At first I was excited to do IVF and possibly have a solution but now I’m feeling more like its a loss  – a loss of being able to conceive, etc etc. So I feel like I’m grieving, which is probably pretty apt.

I’m still waiting to get AF so not quite out of May yet. I’ve been off P for 1.5 days now so she’ll come probably tomorrow or Sunday. I’m going on a work trip next week and I’m pretty sure that I will ovulate while I’m on the trip so I don’t know if I will roll call for June yet. I’ll have to see how our timing is. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors