May 2019 POAS – Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 7 months ago in TTC
Post # 32
1373 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

RaccoonKitty :  Two days ago. Which if I don’t o today it will be the first time since I’ve started opks that I have gotten a positive and not ovulated. I reallllly hope my body doesn’t throw me that curve ball. 

Post # 33
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

<u>tulipdazey :</u>  I’m so glad you have so many good eggs! That’s so exciting!

littleanchor :  I’m sorry you couldn’t freeze all of them. Fingers crossed for your fresh transfer!

Thanks everyone for the info on genetic counseling. I’ve done a little looking and I think the reason he’s requiring it is that I’ll be 35 by the time a baby is born. He requires the counseling, but the testing is optional. We don’t have anything that runs in the family and we know the cause of our miscarriage, so I don’t think we’ll bother with the testing.

Post # 34
1628 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

tulipdazey :  here I am, yet again

ROLL CALL:

Your age/partner’s age: 34/41

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: 22

Current CD/DPO: CD1

Usual Cycle Length: 28 d

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): around May 3rd (will confirm)

POAS/beta day: around May 17th (will confirm)

Known fertility issues: unexplained. We look great on paper but have never had a bfp.

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): charting with Ava, opk, cm, acupuncture, timing. Prenatals, ubiquinol, vit d/c, nac and chaste tree

Trying anything new this month? Nope, but redoing my blood work CD3/8/21 since it will be expired by the time we get to the fertility clinic. 

Fertility clinic appt is June 5th, so this is our last “natural” chance to get pregnant before intervention

Link to your chart, if charting:

For fun- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be, and why?: I’d love to go to Iceland.

Post # 36
2670 posts
Sugar bee

Insemination is complete!!! 23 million sperm and 45% motility in the donor vial. Lots of EWCM and I’m feeling super optimistic about this cycle (for now). I start progesgerone supps tomorrow twice daily. 

Off to work this evening, and then tomorrow my husband and I are going to replace something so we can close one of our windows when it opens (we can wind the handle to open it but the gear won’t let us close it unless we go outside and push it closed lol), pick out paint for the dresser I’m refinishing, bathroom and our spare room….and get to work. We will grill dinner, eat it out on our deck since it will finally be a nice 72 degrees and sunny!!! Follow that up with a nice relaxing bon fire. I’m so excited! Sunday will be Easter with my in-laws (who have no idea about any fertility stuff). Lalalalallaaaaaaa sorry for the over share of my weekend plans. 

Post # 38
182 posts
Blushing bee

NicLE1218 :  Sounds like the iui went well! Fingers crossed for you! Your weekend plans sound really nice. My plans are waiting to see if my husband gets mandated tomorrow morning or not.

Post # 39
2670 posts
Sugar bee

angel_baby_12_9 :  Yes!! Fx this is it. Did your husband get mandated? Hopefully not 🤓

Post # 40
182 posts
Blushing bee

NicLE1218 :  Yes, mandated Saturday morning. So, he couldn’t go to our nephew’s birthday party with me Saturday afternoon or decorate Easter eggs with our son. He rallied by Sunday afternoon and was able to go to my family’s Easter celebration, but we decided to ask the Easter Bunny to come on Tuesday night since we’re both able to be awake on Wednesday morning. We’ll decorate eggs on Tuesday night. The weather was so nice for Sunday here! The kids were all able to play and egg hunt outside.

Post # 42
2670 posts
Sugar bee

angel_baby_12_9 :  delaying Easter is okay! Most kids don’t know the difference anyways. Hehe. Have your family time and enjoy every minute. Too bad he got mandated! 

tulipdazey :  thanks! So happy for your cycle to be turning out so great!!! That is still an awesome number of embryos! 

AFM I’m pretty sure I O’d the day after the IUI, based on EWCM and cramping. I woke up CD15 and had some painful cramps in the lower abdomen area for a while and then they went away completely. Chart for reference:  

Post # 45
182 posts
Blushing bee

tulipdazey :  That sounds like a great amount of embryos! 

NicLE1218 :  I’ve had a crazy work schedule since my older kids were little, so we’ve always told them that if we have a good reason, mommies and daddies can ask Santa or the Easter Bunny to come on a different day. 

Afm, I got my blood test results back today, but the doctor hadn’t been able to look at my sonogram images yet. All of my bloodwork was within normal ranges. My tsh was 2.7 and I think that’s a little high, but she said he didn’t think it was high enough to treat. The only thing that was a little off was my amh. It was 6 and she said that was a little high, so could indicate pcos, but my sugar was fine and so was my testosterone. So, I’m waiting until tomorrow when I get my sonogram results and treatment options. My husband is going for his semen analysis in the morning. 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors