May 2019 POAS – Infertility Edition (12+ Months and/or Seeking Active Treatment)

posted 7 months ago in TTC
Post # 61
2670 posts
Sugar bee

tulipdazey :  that seriously calms any nerves I have had in the last few days with temps. I should probably just stop temping. πŸ™„  

angel_baby_12_9 :  looks like a positive to me! Maybe your body is working itself out this cycle. 

BeepBopB00p :  oh honey I’m so sorry. That is so fricken frustrating. Insurance stuff confuses the hell out of me already, but I don’t understand why it would say someone is in network only to find out they’re out of network for you.  Praying your cycle on your own works out for you, even with low confidence. It’s not impossible. Coming up on a year was difficult. I get it. I see you. We are here for you. 

Post # 62
1620 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

tulipdazey :  my amh was not tested before (my obgyn said I was too young… 34… to worry about it). Hopefully he’s right but I will be curious to know the result. Also, I’m reading your story back and it does kind of make me wonder with the clusterfuck you dealt with at old clinic – when your temp went down after iui/trigger maybe you didn’t actually o then (they could have tested progesterone to confirm o but it might not have been accurate if you were on P)? It wouldn’t really surprise me considering they didn’t seem to really know what they are doing πŸ™Š. I’m so happy you’re getting better results now!

Post # 64
182 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

NicLE1218 :  

This was this morning! All I can think of is that this keto diet fixed things? I’ve been on it for a little over a month. Today is cd12, so it’s not too far outside the realm of normal to ovulate on cd13.

Post # 65
182 posts
Blushing bee

anev :  That sounds a little crazy that he thinks you’re too young to test. I have a childhood friend who is 30 who has premature low ovarian reserve. 

Insurance issues suck. I don’t understand why your office doesn’t check on your coverage before your appointment though? When we scheduled ours, they called the insurance to find out exactly what was covered and how much we could expect to pay out of pocket before our appointment. 

Post # 66
234 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

BeepBopB00p :  Do you have an EAP (employee assistance plan)? Most of they time they are really great at helping coordinate care. I’m switching REs now because my previous one is now out of network, which is a little frustrating but I am not super confident with him anyway. Sorry about hitting the year mark, that one was tough.

angel_baby_12_9 :  Yay for positive OPKs!

Post # 67
762 posts
Busy bee

ROLL CALL:

Your age/partner’s age: 35/33 

Baby #: 1

Cycles TTC: 12; though the 1 year mark is June 4

Current CD/DPO: CD3

Usual Cycle Length: Naturally 27-28 but just started synthyroid that made my last cycle 31, so who knows with this cycle. 

Ovulation or procedure date (and what kind): May 5. Natural unmedicated. Just made appointment to start IVF. 

POAS/beta day: May 20

Known fertility issues: MFI and subclinical hypothyroidism for me

BFP plan (BD timing, supplements, charting, etc.): Ava, synthyroid, CoQ10, prenatals

Trying anything new this month? Booked IVF consultation

Link to your chart, if charting:

For fun- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be, and why?: Israel because we are going there next week! It’ll be my first time there. 

Post # 69
762 posts
Busy bee

tulipdazey :  Thanks! Excited for IVF and Israel! Hoping it’s the last international trip we can take for a while πŸ˜‰ 

Post # 70
418 posts
Helper bee

cbn8787 :  my insurance came through and is actually in-network! I guess the people we talked to (both myself and the clinic) didn’t understand the plan/were too lazy to look into it and give us true answers. My employer looked into it and they are definitely in network! If we aren’t preggo this month, we start testing May 10ish!

Post # 71
2670 posts
Sugar bee

Originally posted this on the wrong month….oops!

I know this is a medicated cycle (Femara, ovidrel trigger and p supps after IUI) but these are the highest my temps have EVER gone after O….and my pulse is still rising too. This cycle is also different from last cycle in which I felt a tight abdomen after the IUI and cramping constantly starting a day or two after. I had cramping the day after pretty significantly and then I’ve had light twinges/cramps on and off the past two days on the left side and once on the right. No tight abdomen feelings. Not sure if it means anything or if it’s just a different cycle so different symptoms.  πŸ€·πŸ»‍♀️

Lol my Ava app/bracelet says I ovulated today πŸ˜‚ nope – doubtful. It has never been accurate in predicting that. 

Post # 72
2670 posts
Sugar bee

BeepBopB00p :  wahoooooo! That is so awesome. What great news to find out they are actually in network. Such a relief! 

Post # 73
182 posts
Blushing bee

My opk got even darker this evening. Premom says the ratio is 1.87! I guess you can make my poas date May 9th. Fingers are crossed!

BeepBopB00p :  I’m glad you got the insurance stuff figured out. It’s such a pain!

Post # 74
2670 posts
Sugar bee

angel_baby_12_9 :  sure could have! Gluten (in lots of things with carbs) has a negative effect on the body. Sugar does also. I could get all into the explanations but I’m sure going Keto has helped, however that style of eating isn’t a great way to continue eating due to the high fat content. Anyways. Off my soap box. That is a damn blazer if I’ve ever seen one!!! You will probably O in the next day or two. Some people have longer LH surges so I would probably test another day just to make sure it’s not still going. But get BDing!!!! 

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors