May 2020 POAS

posted 1 month ago in TTC
Post # 841
2828 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

Hey all! Congrats to all the BFPs, and big hugs and toasts of a wine glass to those with crappy blank tests (the worrrrrrst!).  I just had an IUI procedure yesterday and will be POAS on the 31st.

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 37/47

Baby#:2 (son is 1.5)

Current Cycle Day/DPO: 1 DPO.  I had a trigger shot on Wednesday and an IUI procedure yesterday.

Ovulation Date: Yesterday-ish, hopefully?

POAS Date: May 31

Usual Cycle Length: I’ve been taking Letrozole to ensure ovulation since my thyroid went kinda wacky postpartum and is giving me PCOS-like effects.  So my cycle with the medication is about 28-29 days.

Cycles Trying: Hard to say…. I got pregnant on cycle 2 of NTNP last summer, had a miscarriage in September, had several months of annovulatory cycles after that, and have done three medicated cycles with monitored follicle checks this year.  This is my fourth medicated cycle.  Feels like we’ve been trying for fucking ever though.

BFP Plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements, etc.): Letrozole, follicle check, sex EOD in fertile window (we recently found out hubs has sperm issues), trigger shot, IUI, more sex.

Trying anything new this month: IUI! I think our chances are still relatively low, but it feels good to be doing something different.

Link to your chart if charting:

For fun: Any good tv/book recommendations while we’re all staying at home? I’m watching Mindy Kaling’s new show on Netflix, Never Have I Ever.  It’s so good!!

Post # 842
422 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
@mrsw88:  sorry I’m a little late to the party, but I definitely see a line! Can’t wait until you test again!

View original reply
@boymama24:  congrats on the positive digital!

View original reply
@justsomebee:  sorry about AF but it’s great youre staying positive and learning more about this whole process!

Post # 843
181 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@mrsw88: I see it! FX it darkens when those cheapies come in!

So many pages since I last checked in – congrats to all the BFPs on all the line progression! Super exciting!

I am 9 dpo today, just started charting this month and am finding it both really interesting and kind of a mindf*ck. Hope I don’t offend anyone with the language but substitutes don’t seem as fitting! I got a big temp drop today but I’m not due for AF until Tuesday so who knows what’s up… I also really wonder about the accuracy of the thermometer when I get 0.2 degree swings taking back to back temps. Oh well, trying to stay neutral and just see what happens! 🙃

Post # 846
181 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@morecookiesplease:  definitely so hard! I have zero self control. I’ve already POAS a couple times, but I knew it was too early and wasn’t disappointed to see stark white. If I can manage to wait until Tuesday to test again, I will. Dr. Google is also hard to resist, apparently implantation dip is a thing! 

I echo the other ladies that you are an awesome host! 

Post # 847
372 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  I’m glad you were able to have the IUI. It must feeling good to know you are atleast moving forward. I can relate to it feeling like forever. Its now been 15 months since we started first time round. I’ve got everything crossed for you that this is your month though.

View original reply
@itsme1987:  thank you! I’m trying not to overthink it. I’ve been burned with indents in the past and feel like it could go either way. This is going to be the longest weekend. How is the tww going for you?

View original reply
@m197500:  thank you! As for the temps, mine is always different if I take it back to back but over time I still see the expected trends. 🤷‍♀️

Post # 849
2828 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@morecookiesplease:  thanks lady!  And thanks for running such a great board!

View original reply
@mrsw88:  thanks so much, I hope so too.  Not getting my hopes up too high because my husband’s SAs were really pretty bad, but at least we are doing SOMETHING.  I hope you get a nice line next time you POAS!!!  I totally see what you see.  Fingers and toes and eyes crossed for you 🙂

Post # 850
372 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  I’ve been stalking the infertility thread and saw your posts about male factor issues. It’s tough that you are dealing with that but you have got pregnant before, which must be on your side, and IUI will hopefully improve your odds even more. Feeling like you are doing something is so important though.

We got as far as me having blood work done and then everything closed down. It’s so frustrating to just be left in limbo. There was definitely something on the test, it’s just a waiting to game to see what- indent or line! I really appreciate the positive thoughts and I especially appreciate the crossed eyes!

Fx we can both have early 2020 babies.

Post # 851
2828 posts
Sugar bee

View original reply
@mrsw88: 

thanks <3  Yeah it’s crazy because I actually got pregnant twice within 3 cycles of trying or NTNP (first cycle trying with my son, 2 cycles postpartum but that ended with a miscarriage).  Whereas the odds with my husband’s SA results are like 0.5% per cycle!  I don’t get it.  Nothing drastic has changed with his diet or stress level or anything lately.  But, oh well, it’s good to have all the information and have options for more aggressive action!

That is sooooo frustrating that you got stuck in limbo like that.  Ugh!  Hopefully you won’t need anything further testing because you’re preggo!  I really hope so.  It’s hard to keep going month after month and seeing those damn white blank tests.  Keep us posted, I can’t wait to see!!!

Post # 852
181 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@mrsw88:  thanks, that makes me feel better!

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  oof that sounds rough. Did they repeat the SA? Glad you got to have your IUI, hope you get your sticky rainbow baby!

Post # 853
372 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  it’s hard to understand when logically it doesn’t make sense to get pregnant so easily but then be given those odds. Then again, I struggle with understanding how I could get pregnant so easily, but then be so unlucky with our diagnosis and struggle so much this time round. Nothing in the world of ttc seems to make a lot of sense though. So much of it just seems to be pure luck. 

thank you 😊 … I’ll update as soon as I test again! 

Post # 854
134 posts
Blushing bee

@justsomebee:  Sorry to hear about AF. You have such a positive attitude. Hoping that June brings you lots and lots of baby dust!

@KittyYogi:  Welcome! FX that this IUI helps things. I have a girlfriend who struggled to get preggers for a while and started down the path of testing and the SA also showed not-great things. They moved for a new job about 7-8 months into trying and before they could get fully set up with RE in their new home, she got pregnant naturally. All it takes is 1! Sometimes these things don’t make any sense; I can’t imagine things were any different the times you did get pregnant. You’ve just tested for them now. I’m thinking all the positive thoughts for you and those little swimmers!!!

@m197500:  this is me. This is totally me. I start peeing on things even when I know there’s no conceivable hope of a positive test. It’s just part of the day. “Time to go get a negative pregnancy test.” I never make it to the day AF is due. Temps aren’t always the most reliable because you’re right, the margin of error is like, 0.1 degrees. But implantation dips are a thing. HERE IS TO HOPING. 

Post # 855
422 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

View original reply
@mrsw88:  oh I bet this weekend will be long. Once I start peeing on sticks, I can’t stop! TWW is making me a bit crazy. I’m between 6-8 dpo and my breasts are so so sore and it’s making it hard to not think about it! I’ll probably test Wednesday or Thursday next week.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors