May 2020 POAS

posted 2 years ago in TTC
Post # 856
634 posts
Busy bee

Ok a bit random. Yesterday I mentioned the test when I got my super dark line was not my FMU. I had tested with my FMU & got a good line just not as good as my blazer. This morning I used FMU & it’s fainter than my blazer but similar to the FMU. What do you think? Always the blazer came from a single pack I bought by mistake (like who only takes 1test!!). Can different batches result in different lines? After my CP in March I’m feeling a little nutty! 
Top is this morning / bottom is yesterday’s 

Post # 857
184 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@dublingirl:  fwiw I think there can be a little fluctuation day by day because HCG takes 49-72 hours to double. Any dilution an it looks lighter. My FMU is always lighter than my afternoon tests. Do you have another test? You could always take one tmrw afternoon.

Post # 858
2279 posts
Buzzing bee

@pelesaurus:  This! I sometimes didn’t see much progression day to day, but definitely every 2 days. I wouldn’t worry too much and just keep testing daily (just not more than once a day which will drive you nuts – I know because I did it once or twice 😆)

Post # 859
634 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@pelesaurus:  I do have another test (or 4!) which I can do – but think I’ll leave till tomorrow. Just so I don’t freak myself too much. 

View original reply
@krm1984:  yeah want to try & stay somewhat calm. With my son I took 2 frer & then got the positive on a digital & never tested again! Gonna try to channel that zen. 

Post # 860
29 posts
Newbee

Cautiously optimistic but this showed up in under 2 minutes on my cheapie this AM! Pretty crazy because I didn’t get a positive OPK until last Friday (so 8 ish dpo)! Going to grab a digital when I can : )

Post # 861
184 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@clover1256:  the dye hasn’t even finished running on that strip yet and you can see it!!! Update us when you get that digital!!!!

Post # 862
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
@clover1256:  wow that’s such a great sign!! Can’t wait to see what a digital says! 

Post # 863
822 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

@clover1256:  Yey!! Let us know when you get the digital. ❤

Question for my temping ladies. It’s (finally) getting hot where I live. How do you look at your temps with the change in weather? There’s part of me that wants to put on the AC just to keep my temps accurate lmao 

Post # 864
2279 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@itsme1987:  I haven’t found that temperature changes affect my BBT to the point where I can’t get accurate readings. I still get a clear shift. The only thing that’s caused a big spike for me is drinking lots of alcohol the night before 🤣 and that’s isolated enough that I can spot it. 

Post # 868
184 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@itsme1987:  I may be in the minority, but I take my temps with a hefty grain of salt. I am a horrible sleeper and can’t reliably wake up at the same time every day. I often wake up super early and then am in a conundrum because if I take the temp, it’s the wrong time and if I wait I won’t have enough uninteruppted time for sleep to take the next temp. And if we are being really critical, we are looking for temp shifts of less than a degree, so there is bound to be some fluctuation. My temps can be all over the place, so I only end up looking for two things: a shift in the middle of the cycle to say I ovulated and a huge temp dip at the end to signify AF is coming. The rest seem to even themselves out when I look at the pattern over a few days, even with the seasonal changes. We’ve had some really hot days here followed by super cold days (my poor plants!), and that doesn’t seem to affect the overall pattern when taken from a birdseye perspective.

Post # 869
822 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@krm1984:  oh good to know, thanks!!

Post # 870
822 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@morecookiesplease:  yeah I had a big temp increase today too and it’s really warm outside! Even though I’m about 7DPO so it doesn’t really matter, but I must obsess about something lol

View original reply
@pelesaurus:  ugh I’m not the best sleeper either, which is why I bought the tempdrop, it is supposed to work even with interrupted sleep, and I think it does a decent job. I totally know what you mean about looking for those shifts as the actual important stuff….I just must obsess about something during the TWW lol ugh why am I so crazy?

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors