May 2021 Infertility

posted 1 week ago in TTC
Post # 32
481 posts
Helper bee

Day 6

Today we may have somewhere between 4 to 6 additional expanded blastocysts for freezing.    (2 out of the 4 are in the early/expanded blastocyst transition so we will have to wait until later this afternoon to see what the final count is).

Post # 34
15418 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

View original reply
@jen9999:  thats great!!  Yay!

Post # 35
481 posts
Helper bee

Grading is in 

4bc

And 3 3bc embryos

Post # 36
129 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

@jen9999:  Congrats on your embryos!

So I had my day 5 stim appointment for ultrasound and bloodwork and all of my follicles are still 3 cm or less :(.  I don’t respond well to the meds, this happened to me the last time as well, but this time is worse I think with the microdose lupron protocol.  I’m trying to remain positive that my cycle won’t be cancelled and that I’m just off to a slow start again.  This process is so exhausting.  I always feel disappointment when I come back from my appointments – the only exception was the day I knew I would trigger.  If my cycle gets cancelled, I may just transfer my one embryo and see what happens.

Post # 38
481 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@beemyself:  the micro lupron sucked for me too, I did the best with estrogen only priming, then follistim, menopur, omnitrope and ganirelix. And the double trigger, leuprolide and hcg. 

Post # 39
481 posts
Helper bee

Thank you ladies!!! Gd willing only a few more rounds 🙂

Post # 40
3621 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
@jen9999:  I’m so excited for you!!!! Congrats!!!! You are doing PGT-A on them, right? Fingers crossed. 

Post # 41
1282 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2022 - Maui

ROLL CALL

Your age/partner’s age: 29/33

Baby #: STILL JUST ONE

Cycles TTC: 3.5 YEARS

Known fertility issues: PCOS

Previous fertility treatment?: treating surprise diagnosis one after another

What are you doing this month (transfer, beta, IUI, retrieval)?: 2nd month of femara

Key dates (POAS, beta, transfer): May 14th is 14DPO

Just for fun: What is a fun/silly family tradition you have/plan to continue with your own partner & family? hmm not sure, every holiday is celebratory so regular parties/socials?

Post # 43
481 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Charliejeorge:  Hi, no need to apologise, this is so complicated. Embryo grading at my clinic is as follows the first number is how expanded the blast is, 6 is the best 1 is the worst but my clinic doesn’t freeze anything below a 3. The first letter is the grading of the ICM, the internal cell mass that makes the baby. The second letter is the grading of the placenta. The letter grades range from A to D, my clinic doesn’t freeze anything below a C. So basically the best blast would be a 6AA the worst a 3CC. Apparently the ICM grade is more important than the Placenta so my Day 6’s are pretty low quality but I’ll take it and just pray. 

What do you mean sibling vials? How much of the vial do you use every time. 

Post # 44
481 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@KittyYogi:  no I skipped testing bc even PGTA abnormals can make healthy babies so I’m putting back everything. 

Post # 45
3621 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

View original reply
@jen9999:  oh ok, yeah no judgment on that, I just thought I remembered about genetic testing. Well that’s one less thing to have to deal with for now 👍🏼

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors