May 2021 Mamas

posted 1 year ago in Pregnancy
Post # 2
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2017

Hi! I’m so glad you started a May group!

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? 40/38

How far along are you? 4 weeks 6 days

Estimated Due Date? May 2

What baby # is this? 2, We have a 20 month old son

How many cycles trying? 3

When did you get your BFP? 9 DPO

Who have you told? Just my husband and my mom

When do you plan to tell other people? family and close friends once I have my first doctors appointment, social media/work maybe around thanksgiving.

How did you tell your partner? I had my son wearing a big brother shirt when he got home from work.

Any symptoms? Sensitive breasts and some slight nausea

What are you most excited about? My son being a big brother and giving him a sibling! Plus the baby snuggles.

When is your first appointment? September 30th

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Yes 

Anything else? Nervous about pregnancy, my last one was a doozy with my son being born at 34 weeks. Hoping for a non eventful one this go round. 

Post # 3
1247 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Hi! Thanks for starting this group- I had been contemplating starting one. I absolutely loved my previous group! We had a secret Facebook group to share photos and updates ๐Ÿ˜Š 

How old are you and partner? 27 and 36

How far along are you? 4+1

Estimated Due Date? May 7,  2021

What baby # is this? #2, I have a 17 month old son

How many cycles trying? First month

When did you get your BFP? 8dpo, I was shocked! 

Who have you told? Husband and my two best friends 

When do you plan to tell other people? My parents after my first ultrasound. Everyone else after the first trimester is over

How did you tell your partner? *me staring at a test* “hey! Do you see this line!?!”

Any symptoms? Slight metal taste in mouth, super sore boobs. But not much else really 

What are you most excited about? My son to have a sibling & buddy!

When is your first appointment? Sept 28

Are you planning on finding out the sex? I really want to go team green, I just need to find my will power 

Post # 5
53 posts
Worker bee

Wow, I guess this is my crew now!  It’s still sinking in, but here goes…

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? 34 (in a few days)/30

How far along are you? 5 weeks today

Estimated Due Date? 5/3

What baby # is this? First

How many cycles trying? 7 – I was about to mentally let go of this happening at all, and boom, there it was

When did you get your BFP? 10 dpo, after 9 was totally negative and I’d counted myself out but figured I might as well check

Who have you told? Nobody except my husband!

When do you plan to tell other people? We’ll probably wait until after my first appointment to tell most people, though that feels like ages so I might crack and tell trusted friend earlier

How did you tell your partner? I said “Hey look!” when he walked into the bathroom after my shower and showed him the test

Any symptoms? Breast tenderness that comes and goes and mild nausea here and there.  I’m surprised I don’t feel it more!

What are you most excited about? Oh man… Having kids?  Haha, I’m not even sure.  Everything is exciting and new!  It will be really fun to tell my parents that they get to be grandparents.

When is your first appointment? In about 3 weeks, BUT I might have to push it out a week because of a work conflict.  I’m of course eager to go so I haven’t rescheduled it yet!

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Hadn’t considered not doing it, so yes!

Anything else? These first weeks are stressful!  I’m so worried something will go wrong and I won’t know until that first appointment that feels like FOREVER away.

Post # 7
1247 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

View original reply
@kb7:  sounds good! I’ll PM you now ๐Ÿ˜Š

Post # 8
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2020

I created a new account since I divcored and remarried! 

How old are you and partner? 29 and 29 

How far along are you? 5 weeks 4 days

Estimated Due Date? 5/2/2021

What baby # is this? 3

How many cycles trying? Technically 2 but we had a miscarriage back in May

When did you get your BFP? 10dpo

Who have you told? Husband, our parents 

When do you plan to tell other people? 8 weeks after our ultrasound

How did you tell your partner? I peed on the stick, expected it to be negative. Went back and saw it was positive, peed on 3 more and then immediately packed the kids into the car and went to his work and gave him the “Baby L” customers golf balls I had been saving.  

Any symptoms? Nauseous on and off, sore boobs  

What are you most excited about? Just adding another to our crew! 

When is your first appointment? 9/18 but I have had 2 blood work appointments. I went to the ER at week 4 for spotting and my numbers were good. I had an ultrasound yesterday just to double check everything was okay after spotting and saw the beginning of our bean! I’ll add a pic! 

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Husband wants to, but I don’t. So we will just for him  

Anything else? I’m excited to join y’all! 

Post # 9
7 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2017

View original reply
@Kholcer:  Hi! We are due date twins! We started a facebook page (although not much is happening right now until more people join!). If you want to join pm @kb7 and she can add you. 

Post # 12
273 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? I’m 30 and my husband is 32

How far along are you? 4 weeks today!

Estimated Due Date? May 18th

What baby # is this? #3

How many cycles trying? 10 cycles, but timing was an issue due to my husband working away

When did you get your BFP? 10dpo

Who have you told? My parents and my other two wedding bee birth groups (from my previous kids)

When do you plan to tell other people? After the NT scan

How did you tell your partner? I 100% thought we were out this cycle since my temps had started to go down a little. I took my last FRER just to get rid of it and low and behold a line came up! So I had to call my husband and ask him to bring another test home with him after school drop off haha

Any symptoms? Just vivid dreams

What are you most excited about? Absolutely everything, I love pregnancy, babies, kids etc 

When is your first appointment? I just had one with my gp to get my referrals and blood tests done. My first scan is October 6th for a dating scan (even though I chart so I know exactly how far along I am lol)

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Yes.

Post # 13
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: November 2020

Long time lurker here, since planning a wedding several years ago and now ttc these boards really helped me out! So thought I’d participate ๐Ÿ™‚ 

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? 31 and 30

How far along are you? 5 weeks today

Estimated Due Date? May 11, 2021

What baby # is this? 1st biological, we are also adoptive parents

How many cycles trying? 1st try, very surprised and now feeling extra anxious because it seems impossible that ttc would go well so fast considering how hard this whole process is for so many people

When did you get your BFP? Felt sharm implantation pain (I think) at 10dpo, and 11dpo there was a very faint line in the morning, more clear in the evening

Who have you told? My fiance

When do you plan to tell other people? OUr wedding will be in 2 months and we plan on telling everyone after the ceremony. Feeling extremely excited about this! But I am not a great secret keeper so I find it so hard to not tell my parents and my best friends… 

How did you tell your partner? I told him I didn’t test that day and I would wait until 13dpo because all the BFN were discouraging. And all day I kept repeating I didn’t feel pregnant but then I surprised him that evening by hiding the two tests in his pillowcase, he was so happy!

Any symptoms? Boobs hurt, very nauseous from 12 dpo until 16 dpo (feeling a little worried that it disappeared), cramping, metal taste, lower back pain sometimes, mood swings

What are you most excited about? Telling everyone at the wedding! We might tell my parents a day before though because this will be their first and probably only biological grandchild and my mom has been so excited for me to get pregnant. 

When is your first appointment? Sept 15 (will be 6 weeks then)

Are you planning on finding out the sex? Yes, but we’ll try not to tell others yet (I don’t know if I can keep any more secrets though)

Anything else? Feeling a mix over excited and worried all the time, I really hope everything goes well!

Post # 14
44 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: October 2019 - Chaska, MN

ROLL CALL  

How old are you and partner? 28/30

How far along are you? Literally just found out today haha est. 4 weeks & 4 days

Estimated Due Date? May 14, 2021

What baby # is this? 1st

How many cycles trying? 3 

When did you get your BFP? Today lol, my BFF made me take a test since my period was 4 days late

Who have you told? My husband, Bff, and parents.

When do you plan to tell other people? yes, after 12 weeks

How did you tell your partner? I got a cute box with a cute baby book, pacifier, swaddle blanket and the pregnancy test (I’ll include a photo below)

Any symptoms? Sore breasts and moody. But that’s about it right now lol

What are you most excited about? Finally becoming a mother! and then being able to tell family and friends!

When is your first appointment? Planning on getting one scheduled in 2 weeks!

Are you planning on finding out the sex? yes. I’m a planner lol

Anything else? Today has been quite the day haha lots of emotions but so excited ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Post # 15
2655 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

View original reply
@kb7:  Can you share the link of the group?

How old are you and partner? 32 and 36

How far along are you? like, one day. I just got a BFP this morning haha. Is that two weeks technically? I can’t remember anything from my first LOL

Estimated Due Date? May 21

What baby # is this? 2

How many cycles trying? First, maybe second but when we decided to try last month i knew the timing was bad. This was the first like actually trying cycle. I kept getting cold feet. We were supposed to start tying months ago haha

When did you get your BFP? This morning 9/8

Who have you told? Just my husband

When do you plan to tell other people? Unsure, I probably will keep it underwraps as long as I can. I do have a girls weekend planned with my mom and sister in October so I likely will tell them then. 

How did you tell your partner? I just walked in from working out and said ‘ im pregnant” ( very uneventful, LOL!) My first I told him through text, I am the worst.

Any symptoms? My boobs hurt a little, which they don’t normally during my normal cycle.

What are you most excited about? Honestly, even though this baby is planned I am having a hard time getting amped. Im excited to give my daughter a sibling, but I really didn’t love the newborn phase. so, Im trying to just take things one day at a time. I still feel like its so early I don’t want to get all excited until after my first U/s

When is your first appointment? I just scheduled one for next week, unsure if I actually need to go in or not. I use CNM and they might just have me come in for the 9-10 week u/s

Are you planning on finding out the sex? No, We were surprised with my daughter and will be surprised again!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors