May 2021 POAS

posted 8 months ago in TTC
Post # 61
45 posts
Newbee

So this is starting to feel more real. Took another FRER this AM. I’m so cautiously excited! 

Post # 62
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2019

View original reply
@marigold135:  congratulations Bee, there’s no denying that! Happy and healthy 9 months to you! 

Post # 63
93 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

View original reply
@marigold135:  amazing 😀🎊

Post # 64
457 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Your age/partner’s age: 33/37

Baby #: 2

Current cycle day/DPO: CD14

Ovulation date: 4/30 (maybe 5/1)

POAS date: 5/13

Usual cycle length: 28-30 days

Cycles trying: 2

BFP plan (BD timing, charting, prenatals, supplements etc.): BD timing 

Trying anything new this month? Not really – focused on BD timing and monitoring CM. I think we hit O-3, O-1, and O so fingers crossed that was it. We had BD 4 times in the last 6 days. Hubs said he’s good for a while lol

For fun: What plans/vacations have you scheduled (if any) as covid restrictions decrease and vaccination counts increase? No vacations scheduled yet, but I hope we will be able to have a mini trip before this baby arrives. We did an overnight in Savannah a few weeks ago. It was the first night we’ve spent away from our daughter (21 months). My parents watched her and thankfully, they said they were up to do it again! And would be open for 2 night next time. . . woo hoo!

Post # 65
197 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2017

5DPO here and I’m having mild cramping in my lower abdomen and I feel extra emotional. My temp dropped a bit below the baseline but curious to know if anyone has had similar sypmtoms and/or similar chart? 

Post # 66
86 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

I am 2DPO today and feeling so hopeful. I think we have a decent shot – managed to hit O-4, O-2, O-1, and O. I think I will test on 9DPO since I have no self-control. With our first baby (the one we lost in Feb), I got a BFP on 10DPO so it’s not totally crazy. Fingers crossed I can get through the next seven days!

Post # 67
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I’m going to roll over, having polyp removal surgery tomorrow just as I’m entering the FW. 

Post # 68
457 posts
Helper bee

What tests do you ladies recommend? I was going to buy a box of FRERs from Amazon but there are a lot of recent negative reviews about indents and evaps.

Post # 69
475 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2021 - Boulder, Colorado

View original reply
@sarfin914:  I’ve been on a HPT frenzy the last few days because I have to keep an eye out in case I have another CP because I have Hashimoto’s, and I was curious about how different tests perform.

I have mixed feelings about FRER. From 7 DPO, I could’ve sworn that I can see a shadow of a line on the FRER but it’s almost impossible to see one at 7 DPO and it didn’t change over the next couple of days. I’m convinced that it’s some type of indent line or something, but I’ve never had an evap line on FRER or any other pregnancy test.

Saying that, I did get a BFP at 10 DPO on both FRER and Wondfo so there is a slight chance that the shadows were legit. I got clearly visible lines on a Pregmate strip and CB Early Detection (red dye) today at 12 DPO, even more visible than the FRER and Wondfo. I took another Wonfo strip with diluted pee today and it still showed a very faint line, so Wondfo seems to be best at detecting lower levels of hCG but the lines are fainter than other tests.

Post # 70
475 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2021 - Boulder, Colorado

View original reply
@sarfin914:  Sorry – forgot about the recommendations! I like Wondfo for detecting the lowest levels of hCG but I’m also loving the Pregmate strips for both OPKs and HPTs. They’re both cheapo strip tests and easy to track because you can just stick them on a piece of paper with tape. I like plastic tests too but they are so expensive and fiddly.

Post # 71
635 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019

I finally got a blazing positive OPK today at cd20!! I’ve had more ovulation symptoms this months than previously so I’m hoping my luteal phase will be longer. I expect to poas starting 7 days from now because I have no self control.

Post # 72
111 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@BellaBeau:  I’m lurking. I hope your polyp removal goes well. All the best to you that it goes smoothly. Rest up and take care!!

Post # 73
405 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@sarfin914:  internet cheapies from Amazon are great, I think I’ve used Premom before. The lines show up quick, no indents or evaps. I had a really bad evap with a FRER and just don’t trust them anymore.

Post # 74
457 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@BellaBeau: 

View original reply
@teainthemountains:  thanks! Just ordered a box of Pregmate and am going to pick up some drugstore cheapies too. I was going to get a box of Wondfos but the most recent reviews on Amazon claim a lot of false positives and negatives so hopefully the Pregmate are good!

Post # 75
405 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@frostedforks:  thanks Bee, as far as I can tell it went ok. Still woozy from the anaesthetic, looking forwards to getting back on the TTC train properly!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors