(Closed) May 20/21/22 Brides – 9 Months!!

posted 8 years ago in May 2011
Post # 3
396 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Wowza! I havn’t even picked my invites yet. Your beyond ahead of me… I better light my fire…. lol I’m getting soo excited though. I’ve mocked up our programs for the ceremony. I think I want to do them myself. Maybe just have a printer print them and I will cut & assemble them! As I was reading my mock up @ my desk @ work; I started getting butterflies in my stomach….!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Post # 4
395 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

Wooh!We’re considering changing our date to May 20 2011 so i feel ya πŸ˜›

Man I’m not even CLOSE to your level of prepared! XD Right now I got a wedding binder STUFFED with ideas and I’ve already bought my dress *3* wooh! Other than that I got nuthin – I doubt ill even Do save the dates :3

Post # 5
1810 posts
Buzzing bee

Woot, 9 months out!

In the last month, we’ve made ALL of our big decisions. What a load of stress off. 

Though now I think I might change my mind about my wedding dress… LOL

Post # 6
376 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Hi everyone! OMG is it only 9 months away? I can’t believe it. We’ve picked most of our vendors but only signed contracts with a few of them. I’m getting nervous since our first venue cancelled and we had to find another. Hopefully we won’t run into any other big obstacles.

Our STD’s are hopefully going out this week! Then it’s official! Yikes!

Post # 7
396 posts
Helper bee

Hi Ladies! Glad to have some Date Twins! We have most the main stuff done.

-Church

-Venue

-Dress

-Photographer

-Caterer

-Cake

-Flowers

I have bridesmaid dresses picked out but they are not ordered yet. Just waiting on DJ papers in the mail to send deposit & thinking of ideas for decor at reception. We are having all the flowers done by the florist so we mainly just have to get ideas for ceilings; arches & other stuff for the tables. We are not allowed to have candles so that is making it a little difficult.

I have mock up of the program for ceremony that I want and a picture of simple invites I want to make & punch corners myself.

It’s starting to come together!!! I’m getting excited.

Post # 8
222 posts
Helper bee

LOL I updated my facebook to say 9 months to go and now everyone thinks I’m preggers. So excited to be this close πŸ™‚

Post # 9
2239 posts
Buzzing bee

Yay! It’s going by so fast!! I still have to choose dj, officiant, and flowers. Only thing holding me back is lack of extra money for my deposits :S But my fiance just started a new job so things will be turning around for us financially very soon πŸ™‚ I’m excited about that! I just bought a new dress, we had our e photos done yesterday, and I’ve started some of my DIY projects. 

Post # 11
376 posts
Helper bee

Hi Twins! I’m SO excited because I am addressing out save the dates right now! Are you all/have you already done save the dates?

@bblove04: I should totally do that. It would be hilarious! But I also don’t want all my Facebook friends be sad if we aren’t able to invite them πŸ™

Post # 13
521 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

ek. Don’t remind me that we are so close! I have to restart my photographer search and do catering and flowers..

Post # 14
216 posts
Helper bee

Yay for date twins!  We have the following done!

-My dress

-Ceremony and Reception venues (reception includes caterer)

-Officiant

-Day before/Day of coordinator

-Cake

-Flowers

-Favors (renting a photobooth)

-honeymoon booked

I have upcoming appointments in the next two weeks for DJ and Photographer and I’m hoping to choose Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses by the end of September.  Also getting on my Fiance to go and pick tuxes and such, still waiting on my color swatches though in the mail.  Need to get on the STD/Invitations train too!!  I feel like I’m behind!!!!

Post # 16
401 posts
Helper bee

Do all of you May brides have a dress picked out? I’m planning to wait a few months, I heard that even though shops say to do it so far in advance, 4 months is usually enough so I plan on going on my winter break from school since my goal for the next few months is to lose weight.

We have our location booked (ceremony, reception/caterer), invitations picked out and are almost finalized with our DJ and photographer selection. Our venue includes in the room rental an event cordinator that keeps everything the day of in order, so kind of a built in planner is what they called it.

The topic ‘May 20/21/22 Brides – 9 Months!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors