(Closed) May 21, 2011 – FOUR MONTHS!!!

posted 7 years ago in May 2011
Post # 3
70 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I’m ordering invites, hair trial, 2nd dress fitting, meeting with my planners (but that’s every month–lol), wedding party gifts, ordering groom’s cake….oh and purchasing the items for our out-of-towners’ gift bags πŸ™‚ 

Post # 4
4385 posts
Honey bee

I can’t believe we’re inside the 4 month mark!! I have been focussed on the job hunt lately, but I will have to do some wedding stuff this month.

We have a lot of out-of-towners, so we’re planning to send out the invites semi-early, first week of March probably! I want to get them all printed and stuff all of the envelopes and get them stamped and ready to go sometime in February. 

I’m also going for my first dress alteration appointment πŸ™‚ I can’t think of what else we have to do… I might try to get started on the guestbook idea I had!! 

How is everyone else doing?

Post # 5
693 posts
Busy bee

Lord, I don’t even know. I feel like I have too little to do:

ok This month….well its almost over, but

– Set date to meet with Pastor (check, this one off – called him today!)

-Set date of Bridal Shower – tentative dates set

– Start getting ipod music together for ceremony & receptio

– 1st alteration appointment  – Saturday!

– set date for Girls Weekend – My bridesmaids have graciously offered to help me put together a bunch of my DIY decor and so we are setting a date for this.

What else?  

@OttawaBride2011:  I was thinking of doing a big blown up pic of  the Fiance and me and having guests sign that instead of a sign-in book. – Guess I better pick that pic!

Good Luck ladies – its gonna be here quick!

Post # 7
25 posts
Newbee

Ahhhhh Four Months!!

Post # 8
164 posts
Blushing bee

Today I met with the harpist and finalized ceremony music.

Tomorrow is the cake tasting Smile

Sunday I’m meeting with our Pastor!

Post # 10
164 posts
Blushing bee

OMG the cake tasting was amazing.  I ended up choosing vanilla, lemon and strawberry for our 4 tier cake as well as selecting the design.  I’m so excited!

@Miss BBQ me too!  We have a new pastor so this is the very first time to meet him (aside from him being new, I also don’t live where I’m getting married and haven’t been to my parents church in quite some time).  We’ve emailed back and forth but tomorrow we’re just meeting to chat a bit.

Post # 12
164 posts
Blushing bee

Miss BBQ, the meeting was just fine.  I was solo since he was out of state over the weekend.  So we just met and got to know each other and also went through the order of the standard Methodist wedding.  He was really nice and we’ll get together again in the coming weeks.

I’m glad yours went well!

Post # 13
85 posts
Worker bee

Cannot believe we are already to this point! I am so excited because I can finally see things coming together.

This Month I am going to do:

– Meet with Pastor to finalize some of the details

– Meet with wedding coordinator at venue to view tables, etc

– Order linens (thinking about buying them because renting is expensive, plus we are getting married in prom season so they might all be rented).

– Printing invitations (or beginning to)

– Finalizing delivery date of bridesmaids dresses

– First alteration appt 3/5

– Start assembling favors

– Start making table numbers

I am sure there is a ton more- wow! πŸ™‚ Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is doing to make sure I don’t forget anything.

Olivia

Post # 14
115 posts
Blushing bee

I’m a May 20th bride, but seeing as I don’t think a single May 20 bride exists on this website I am just going to jump in with the May 21st crowd…Close enough! πŸ™‚

This month:

Putting together my invites

Having my veil made 

Ordering flutes/cake cutter

Finishing up menu (I gave that task to my Fiance so I am assuming that it will be done this month)

uhhh…Thats it…Is that bad???

Post # 15
1126 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I’m jumping on your date like blacktiebride, because I haven’t found any May 22 girls either.  I’ve done everything completely out of order, so I’m feeling a little spazzy on the to-do list.  I’ve been communicating with our rabbi since last summer, been picking out bridesmaids gifts for months, etc.

The big things we need to accomplish are getting a new suit for my fiance, and assembling/mailing our invitations.  I’m hoping to get both of those accomplished by the end of February, but I’m getting my tonsils out this week (eek, terrified) and going away with my mom and sister at the end of February.  So here’s hoping I’m not too run down from the tonsil thing and able to be somewhat productive this month!

ETA: I also need to have my first dress alteration appointment and see what they can do with my mom’s old veil.  Can’t believe I forgot about that!

Post # 16
3241 posts
Sugar bee

@blacktiebride01: There’s at least one other May 20th bride. Me. πŸ™‚

This month:

Assembling and sending out invites.

Phone conversation with venue about details, like the floorplan.

Still need a rehearsal dinner location….

Oh, and a strapless bra…..can’t seem to find one that will work under the dress.

The topic ‘May 21, 2011 – FOUR MONTHS!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors