(Closed) May 21st 2011 = no rapture

posted 7 years ago in Christian
Post # 3
29 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2011

Nope. I didn’t even know that yesterday was supposed to be the rapture….thats how much I just filter out that stuff. I’m a christian and the bible says nobody will know so I’ve always trusted in the bible since I’m pretty sure he didn’t write that in there just for fun. If anything all these days that the world are supposed to end, are the only ones that are practically guaranteed that they won’t since EVERYONE is predicting it will be on that day. The bible says nobody will know until the moment he comes. Your not wrong at all, just smart.

Post # 4
1046 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

We’re not supposed to talk about this, apparently it makes us bad people.

Post # 6
29 posts
Newbee

Yeah, I’m not getting why it makes us bad people for talking about it.

Post # 7
1046 posts
Bumble bee

I laughed at someone freaking out thinking the rapture had happened and I was told

“I will say that I am a bit disappointed that you would laugh at someone’s pain like that. Yes, she was a little crazy for thinking that the rapture is going to happen today, but that doesn’t mean that her beliefs in general were crazy. She was clearly distraught at the idea, and I would be too if I thought that the world had really been raptured and I had been left behind. Making someone feel pain like that just to get a laugh is disappointing.”

The person who left this comment did not ask why my intentions were with the joke, nor did she ask exactly what I was laughing at. She assumed, and then in a round about way tried to tell me that what I did was terrible.

Post # 8
1046 posts
Bumble bee

Then someone with mod powers was butthurt enough that they un-stickied a post of mine from the main board page, as if it would hurt my feelings. The sticky was there when I posted the comment that offended, and then it was gone. That’s not coincidence that someone gets upset about my post and the sticky disappears within the next few minutes. 

I’m honestly surprised that someone would do that in order to retaliate, it’s extremely immature. And it serves no purpose but to make that person look silly.

Post # 9
1314 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I think I started believing that the rapture really COULD happen today when I found out zombies were going to be coming for us. Are you going to tell me you DON’T believe in zombies!? Oh the horror!

Post # 12
921 posts
Busy bee

I heard anout that zombie apocolypse as well. My brain is ready to be eating.

Post # 13
1046 posts
Bumble bee

Did you see the CDC Zombie Preparedness article?

Post # 14
470 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2011

@futuremrshc: How was what you did NOT terrible?  And what exactly were your intentions for waking up at the asscrack of dawn to put down clothes and sit around trying to take pictures of anyone stupid enough to believe that jesus had taken someone up to heaven?

Post # 15
29 posts
Newbee

@futuremrshc: Yeah now that you mention it I did see that post your talking about and to be honest while I’m probably in the minority, I don’t find it funny at all. What if that lady had gotten so upset that she had a heart attack? Would it have been funny then? I’m no prude but honestly it’s not funny doing those kinds of things especially if it’s just to sit there and giggle at people who may be afraid or paranoid about the rapture actually happening. It’s one thing if it’s a funny joke on someone you know, but you didn’t know her and thats wrong. Thank goodness she didn’t get overly upset because that would have been on you if she would have had a heart attack. I know it was a joke but seriously some people can have really bad reactions to that type of stuff and reading that you found it hilarious that she was crying and that her makeup was running etc, is really low of you in my opinion.

Post # 16
192 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@futuremrshc: i thought your post was really funny too 🙂 The woman who freaked out about the clothes obviously has issues haha.

Yay for the world not ending today!

The topic ‘May 21st 2011 = no rapture’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors