(Closed) May 22 2010 anyone?

posted 9 years ago in May 2010
Post # 3
140 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Wow! I think you are so far ahead of me. We have a church, officiant, reception hall, photographer, caterer, and dress. I’ve started designing std’s, bouts, and a few decorations, but I’m waiting on my guest list to be finalized before I do too much. I’m still trying to find bridesmaid dresses with no luck. I’ve found a bunch I like, but I’m not asking my girls to spend that much money. Once I find those, I know my colors for sure–I’m debating on what shade of blue I want.

Good luck planning!

Post # 4
960 posts
Busy bee

Date Twin!! We’ve been engaged for over a year so we have lots finalized. So far we’ve secured a photographer, DJ, venue, florist, DOC, my dress and almost all accessories, we’ve taken e-pics, and have other random odds and ends. The next things we need to figure out are hotel blocks and transportation. Hopefully once we get all of our e-pics back we can design and send out Save-The-Date Cards. I can’t believe it’s less than 8 months away!!!

Post # 6
112 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Booked, a venue, picked the menu, booked the church, tried on a million dresses, hated them all, picked a photog (havent booked yet), picked the DJ (negotiating), made our dream guest list (all 464 guests, cut 100 so far, another 64 left to cut), asked 6/7 groomsmen, asked 2/7 bridesmaids.

I feel a bit behind, but Im currently trying to find a job back home (where FH lives, and the wedding will be, and 300 miles away from where I currently work and live.) and we’re in the middle of buying a house (which isnt as fun as it looks on tv!)

Post # 7
140 posts
Blushing bee

I’m dreading the guest list! We’ve yet to combine both of our families’ lists. We’ve got all of wedding party. I think I might have just found b-maid dresses at target. $40 only & cute. I found flower girl dresses for the same price, but I’ll be waiting to order them until March or so to make sure they will fit. My flower girls will be 2 years old.

Post # 8
170 posts
Blushing bee

Yay date twin! We’ve booked the ceremony & reception locations, caterer, cake-maker, officiant, photographer and are pretty close to nailing down the DJ and ceremony musicians. We’ve chosen our colors – green, gray, white and dusty rose. I have ordered my dress and am letting my BM’s choose their own… so hopefully they are making progress on that.  I’m doing my own invitations and floral arrangements/centerpieces. We had our engagement party and took our e-pics. I don’t know if I’m going to send save the dates yet… kind of seems like a waiste of trees to me personally. I think that’s it! Good luck and keep us updated! 

Post # 9
231 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

Yay May! I feel a little behind. I have my dress, booked the church & reception venue, booked caterer, and booked the DJ. I am interviewing florists now & in doing my own invites, but no save the dates for me. I’m letting my BMs pick out their own dresses. My Fiance is in New Mexico & I’m in Idaho so were waiting till next month when he comes home for the LAST time before our wedding to finalize the menu and pick out his attire. I’m lucky because most girls where I live can plan their weddings in 5-6 months with no problems so I thought I was wayyy ahead haha. Well, at least here I am. Our wedding is also the week after finals spring semester so I want to have everything done so I don’t lose it lol.

Post # 10
1020 posts
Bumble bee

me! I love our date! 🙂

I’ve booked our venue/caterer/rentals (all the same), photographer, and ceremony musicians. We have finalized our menu, are working on the save the dates now, and I have my dress. I have a ton of DIY details planned, we’re pretty sure about an officiant, and I’m planning on doing the bridesmaid dress hunt over thanksgiving.

Post # 11
152 posts
Blushing bee

Hey date twins!

We have our venues, officiant, caterer, florist, photographer and save the dates are sent out. And I have my dress! Next on my list is Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses and suits for the guys, along with finding a band or DJ! 

Post # 12
472 posts
Helper bee

We have our venue (ceremony will be on private beach and reception at the yacht club), our officiant (a childhood friend will do the ceremony and our Priest will ‘bless’ the marriage at a later date), our photographer, and my dress.  We know where we’ll be getting the cake, flowers, and where I’ll have my hair and makeup done.  The bridesmaids will be given a color and can choose any dress they want.  My niece’s bf will be doing our music (live acoustic and ipod) and my sister’s best friend will be our DOC.  I feel pretty good, especially considering we just moved the date from 2011 to 2010 over the weekend!

Post # 13
200 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Im new to the bee and I have changed my wedding date from october to May 22, 2010. I have very little done,  I will be ordering my dress this weekend, I’m going to be wearing the Summer Royale by Maggie Sottero! I have a meeting with a photographer Saturday, and I will be getting married at a family members lodge so I dont have to worry about booking a venue.  I look foreard to chating with some of you!  Maybride2bee!

Post # 14
972 posts
Busy bee

I have my dress ordered, Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses picked out, reserved venue, church, dj and photographer, florist said not to do anything until february.  We also picked out Fi’s suit already and groomsmen as well. Still need to get flower girl dresses and work on a song list, i wanted to do a candy buffet too but we’ll see how it goes

Post # 15
272 posts
Helper bee

Hello date twins!! I’m really ahead but that is because I am moving from the town where I am having the wedding to half way across the country (my Fiance is in the Army) in two weeks. We have secured the DJ, Photographer, Florist, Hotel Block, Transportation, Reception Venue, Ceremony Site, and Officiant; finalized the menu; purchased wedding gown and bridesmaid dresses; semi DIY-ed favors; purchased lots of odds and ends/accessories/linens/etc. We still have lots to do but the big things on the to-do list now are… cake and booking the honeymoon!!

Post # 16
30 posts
Newbee

Yay! May 22nd! This will be our eight year anniversary. We are done with most of the big decisions – photographer, venue, etc… We’re at the small detail phase. Lots of DIY in December. 🙂

The topic ‘May 22 2010 anyone?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors