(Closed) May 26 2013 Brides!!!

posted 6 years ago in May 2013
Post # 3
1461 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@BrideToBe52613:  We got married that weekend this year, a lovely time of year! Our colors were tropical blue and green 🙂

Post # 5
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2013

our wedding is the same day!

why?  It’s at our favorite “special occasion” restaurant and thet only do private events on Sunday. Also, it’s my grandmothers birthday!

We’ve got our ceremony/reception spot and our menu picked out.  Today I’m leaning towards a dusty rose pink and grey.

Im way behind you but we’ve been engaged for 3 weeks….   :)!

Post # 6
406 posts
Helper bee

• What made you choose 5.26.13? I also chose 5.26.13 because it is Memorial weekend and because our venue was $500 dollars cheaper on a sunday

• How far are you in your planning? We have also booked our ceremony & reception venues, photographer, DJ, caterer. I am in the process of negotiating on our cake.

• What dress did you choose? I chose a J.Crew dress because I am on a strict budget. It’s 100% silk and absolutely beautiful

• What is your theme and colors? Our theme colors also change frequently. The only colors that stay the same is white and pink. I’ve been thinking about adding brown, blue or gray. I just can’t decide.

our cake will be like this only with one more tier

and here is my dress

Post # 7
79 posts
Worker bee

Here’s mine Smile

What made you choose 5.26.13?

We’re Jewish so we pretty much have to do a Sunday wedding. Memorial Day weekend was perfect because it’s the one long weekend where I actually get the Monday off (I don’t get Columbus day for example).

How far are you in your planning?

We have booked our ceremony/reception venue (same place), just booked the photographer last week, DJ, just blocked off hotel rooms today, Rabbi, and caterer. My dress and the bridesmaid’s dresses are all ordered.

What dress did you choose?
I chose an Alfred Angelo dress from their modern vintage line.

What is your theme and colors?
The theme wasn’t really planned, but its becoming country/rustic chic. The colors are yellow and grey.

Post # 8
94 posts
Worker bee

That’s our date! One of the reasons being the same as a few others…Memorial weekend and cheaper rates! But also because it’d be exactly one year from the date he proposed!

So far, I’ve booked our venue (ceremony and reception at the same place and they cater), photographer, bakery (though I still need to work out the details), and makeup artist.

I’m working on flowers and DJ now…and have decided to make my own invitations. I also already know what I’m doing for favors and will start working on that. And I think we’re also ready to book our officiant. He was the first we met with, but we loved him.

I already ordered my Sotterro Midgley dress and my colors will be lavender and white.

I know I’ve booked the most important things already but it feels like I have SO much more to do! And once booked, there are SO many little details to work out! AHHHHHH!!!

Post # 9
45 posts
Newbee

May 26, 2013 bride as well! 

We chose the date because it was the day we started dating so long ago and in 2013 it happens to fall on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend so it just worked!

We got engaged shortly before my fiance deployed to Afghanistan for 12+ months, so we have already been engaged for close to 2 years. We booked our major vendors about 18 months ago (venue, flowers, dj, videographer, photographer, band, etc.), so now it’s details only. We sent our StDs just a few weeks ago!

What dress did you choose?I chose a Jim Hjelm dress, style #8063.

What is your theme and colors?I wouldn’t say we have a “theme” but we want it to feel formal, classic, and fun. Our colors are different shades of purple (light to dark), shades of green (light to dark), ivory, and gold as an accent.

Post # 10
94 posts
Worker bee

Any other May 26 brides? How much have you guys done at this point? I think we have almost everything booked except DJ.

Post # 11
12 posts
Newbee

I am also getting married May 26, 2013!

I chose 5.26.13 because it is Memorial weekend, all of our guests are coming in from out of town. Also our venue has much more flexable on Sundays. I had everything booked by Sept, 2012 because I am an extreme planner. At this point in the process I have already sent out my invites because our wedding is out of town for everyone but my fiance and I. I am buying all of the little things like our finger print tree, favors, baskets and the programs.

What dress did you choose? My dress came in this week! Its SO exciting!!! I have already scheduled my fittings starting in mid-March. 

What is your theme and colors? Our theme is romanic and our colors are dark puprle and silver. They started off dark purple nd green but the dress I picked has silver accents and my fiances tux is gray, so we switched it up a few months back.

We visited our venue this weekend and they are adding a beautiful deck! I was in shock but now I am that much more excited because it adds so much more space! This is the view from our venu. We are getting married outside and having the reception inside the lodge.  

Post # 12
68 posts
Worker bee

What made you choose 5.26.13? We chose 5.26.13 because it is a holiday weekend. We didn’t want to get married in the middle of the summer, but we did want warm weather. Also, having a Sunday evening wedding works well on the pocket. Plus no one has to work on Monday.

How far are you in your planning? It would be easier to say what is left to do.  We have to finalize the baker and make final payments. Planning for 2 years definitely has its benefits.

What dress did you choose? My dress is a david’s bridal dress. Lace and tulle, fit and flare. Absolutely gorgeous!!!

What is your theme and colors? Our theme is classic elegance. Black, white, damask with fuschia accents. Love how it has all come together considering I was planning on having my BM’s in fuschia dresses. lol.

Post # 13
184 posts
Blushing bee

What made you choose 5.26.13? Mr. C and I are both teachers so we chose a date about a week after school is out so that we can get the wedding out of the way and relax the rest of the summer. Also, it gets insanely hot and humid in late summer in Georgia. The earlier the better! The Sunday date allowed us to save a lot of money on our venue and photographer. 

How far are you in your planning? I think we are doing pretty good! Some things left to do: finishng booking hotels for the honeymoon (check out the blog soon for my honeymoon reveal!), getting the groomsmen suits, ordering a small cake for photos and cutting (we are having a dessert table), creating and mailing the invitations, booking hair and makeup appointments, and probably a lot of other things I am forgetting. But the big stuff is DONE!!

What dress did you choose? I chose a dress which totally broke our budget, even though it was a sample and on super sale at a bridal salon in Atlanta. I’m keeping it a secret until the wedding but it’s by Jim Hjelm. 

What is your theme and colors? Marie Antoinette at the Petit Trianon is our theme, which is weirdly specific but I wanted a classic French feel with soft pastels combined with the relaxed feeling of the countryside (hence the Petit Trianon addition — it was Marie Antoinette’s country house away from the rigid court life of Versailles). Our colors are ivory, slate blue, peach, light pink.

Post # 14
322 posts
Helper bee

YAY May 26th!!!!

I can’t believe it’s already so soon! How crazy is this??

What made you choose 5.26.13

We’re having a “destination” wedding (we live in MA, getting married in FI’s home state of NJ) so we needed a long weekend where our MA guests could travel (and potentially not take a day off of work, if they couldn’t swing it.) Our parents’ also had some weird scheduling things going on this year, so this was one of the only solid times we could really feasibly have the wedding.

Not far enough!! Hahah. Well, all the major vendors are situated (just need to send the DJ his deposit) and we have a lot of plans in place. Now we really need to order the invitations (!!! soooo behind), get the ceremony timeline situated, and wrap up decor projects. 

I have an Oleg Cassini! It’s been discontinued, and I literally cannot find it ANYWHERE! I got it from DB, and it was the LAST one they had in any store. Talk about luck!

Our theme is Garden Art Deco, and our colors are Dusty Rose (think a darker blush), Ivory, and Gray with black details 🙂

So so so excited!!!!!

Post # 15
94 posts
Worker bee

congrats to all the 5/26 bees!! our wedding was beautiful and perfect in every way! hope it was too for you guys =) =)

Post # 16
1532 posts
Bumble bee

I know its 3.5 months ago – but we got married that day too! I want to play!

We started dating in May, got engaged in May, and decided to get married in May.  Sundays are way cheaper and we loved that Monday was a holiday!

Done – the thank you notes were killer though!

An altered Maggie Sottero.  Picture the Karina with an ivory sash and with regular lace straps instead of halter.

Our theme is rustic garden.  We went with yellow & orange.  The bridesmaid dresses were mango.

We lucked out with the weather – it was a bit colder than usual but it didn’t rain 🙂

The topic ‘May 26 2013 Brides!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors