5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@Dub D: Cool, thanks again!

Post # 18
32 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2012

@Dub D: I think you have plenty of time!

You should really be thinking of the venue right now to make sure it is available for that day.

Post # 19
5 posts
Newbee

We booked 5/26/2013!

Post # 20
18 posts
Newbee

My date is May 26, 2013!  I got engaged over Thanksgiving break (I’m a college student), and over Christmas break we booked the church, reception hall, and I found a dress!

Post # 21
30 posts
Newbee

So far, we’ve picked our colors, a city for the reception (our families are from all over), picked the wedding party, and have started looking for a specific location. I live in Raleigh, NC and we want to get married in the Myrtle Beach area. We are looking for a large beach house to hold the reception. We also bought invitation template kits from Michael’s. P.S.–Michael’s is having a sale this weekend and you can print a coupon for 25% off all items if you’re interested in the partial DIY option for invitations or save the dates.

Post # 22
143 posts
Blushing bee

@kmlou:  i got engaged over Thanksgiving as well! well the 23rd. lol! congrats! AND my date is the 5/26

Post # 23
715 posts
Busy bee

Yay so many date twins! I finally booked my venue so I’m locked in for May 26th. Super excited! Happy planning, ladies!

Post # 24
20 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2013

me too!

I’m having a hard time making decisions about things, but we have a hold on a venue and our photographer is booked as well. I’ve gone dress shopping but it was so much fun I’m going to try to stretch it out as long as I can

Congrats 5/26/13 ladies!

Post # 25
69 posts
Worker bee

I just booked my wedding for May 26, 2013!  So far we have the venue and caterer, but we only got engaged about 3 weeks ago.  I can’t wait to book the rest!

I found that some places charged a lot extra for choosing the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend, but there were plenty (including our venue) that charge for a normal Sunday.   

Post # 26
237 posts
Helper bee

I’m getting married on the 26th too! We have a venue booked and caterer picked out but that’s all so far. I need to start looking for a photographer now so we can get engagement photos done. I really want to start planning all the little details, but it just seems too early–I’m afraid I’ll change my mind a million times before next year!

@badgerlove — Agreed about stretching out the dress shopping! I went with my mom a few weeks ago and it was great! 

When are you guys sending out Save the Dates? Is a year in advance too early? 

Post # 27
2866 posts
Sugar bee

@Peony526:  I have friends who travel a lot. I am getting married 5/26/13 and plan to send save the dates about 10 months in advance

Post # 28
3 posts
Wannabee

I’m also a Sunday 26th bride. We got engaged in December 2010, got engagment photos done May 26th, 2011 and decided to have the wedding on the same day in 2013. I have been itching to plan my wedding for years though! We have ceremony and reception venues booked and I have found the dress. Waiting for May of this year to order it. Laughing I am also wondering about save the dates although we are looking at the 6 month mark to send them.

Post # 29
2866 posts
Sugar bee

@Dub D:  I have my dress but it needs serious alterations. I am about to book my venue (they are sending a contract and I will send the deposit). Originally, we were going to have it in a friend’s backyard but the neighbor didn’t like the idea.

Right now, I am looking at invitation and save the date stationery.

Post # 30
222 posts
Helper bee

I am a May 26, 2013 bride too!!  So excited.  We have booked our venue/caterer and have chosen and booked our photographer.  Next up is the officiants, flowers, and music.  As far as save the dates, I think we will send them out in June 2012.  It is a holiday weekend and we live on the Jersey Shore, so we want to make sure people keep that day open!!  

It seems like it is SO far away but I know that time will fly!

Post # 31
56 posts
Worker bee

We are doing the 25th and all we have is a venue looks like I’m way behind

The topic ‘May 26, 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors