(Closed) May 26, 2013

posted 9 years ago in May 2013
Post # 32
12 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2013

YAY! So exciting!! We’re getting married May 26, 2013, too! AND it’s the day before my birthday so I am thrilled! We have the venue, caterer, dress, photographer, and stationary supplier picked so far! Hoping to solidify the DJ within the next few weeks. And we’ll get our engagement photos done this month! We got engaged on Thanksgiving last year 🙂 Its moving so fast already!

Post # 33
2869 posts
Sugar bee

About to book the venue and talking with DJs.

Post # 34
1595 posts
Bumble bee

Yay! I can finally read this thread and not get frantic that all the venues for this date are already booked (we are jewish and pretty much have to get married on a sunday, so that monday off is CRUCIAL!)…we are going tomorrow to put a deposit on our venue for May 26th…yay!

Post # 35
1595 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@tba814:  the normal sunday rate for the package we chose is $97, but the caterer made a mistake and quoted us this price and then realized this weekend is a “mega holiday” weekend so they charge more…it brought the price up to $131!

Post # 36
452 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@Dell79:  That sticks that the price got jacked up.  We were lucky and our venue honors the regular Sunday prices and free uplighting package!  That pretty much sealed the deal for us after falling in love with it during the tour.

We have our venue, my wedding band, DJ, photographer, STD’s here and addressed waiting for postage, and have planned to do our own flowers (for now…)

Post # 37
715 posts
Busy bee

365 days, ladies 🙂 

Post # 38
128 posts
Blushing bee

Ceremony site has been booked (for over a year now!), dress has been bought and just needs to be hemmed and bustled, reception venues have been contacted and we’ll be meeting with several on Tuesday and Wednesday.  Photographers have also been booked.  STDs will be sent out once we get our engagement photos, and invites from Michaels have been chosen. 

So the big $$$ are going to be out of the way by next Saturday so my bank account can recoup for a few months before I start looking at cakes and flowers!  And then I’ll get Fiance a custom made suit next January.  🙂

Post # 39
68 posts
Worker bee

Oh yes…this is our date. We have so much done so far. With a 2+ year engagement, there has been nothing but time with booking vendors. All the major things are taken care of. We were lucky to find a wedding center where we were able to get almost everything under one roof.  We were able to book the photographer, vidoegrapher, limo, bouquets, DJ, invitations, engagement shoot all in one package. This took so much stress out of the planning and wer have been paying it off since last June.  I also brought my dress 2 months ago and have been working on the details of the program, menus, cardboxes, engagement photo props among other things.

Post # 40
452 posts
Helper bee

Just bought my dress this past weekend!!  It’s the Alfred Angelo original Cinderella, the bottom has a sparkle underlay (?) so it’s very shimmery which isn’t seen in this picture!

Post # 41
274 posts
Helper bee

I’m getting Married that date!!!

So far we have booked our Reception, and ceremony site.

Bought my dress

Put a down payment on a photographer.

Done Several DIY projects

Save the dates

Looked at flowers

Post # 42
274 posts
Helper bee

Oh and DJ

Post # 43
3229 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

I’m getting married on the 27th which is Memorial day.  So far I have my venue with catering picked out with the menu.  We have some components for our DIY center pieces and we selected our photog today.  

Post # 44
5 posts
Newbee

I’m May 26, 2013 also! So far we’ve booked the venue and the band and I purchased my wedding dress! We just did our engagement pictures so I’m hoping that if they come out nicely to use the same photographer for our wedding and use one of the pictures for our save the dates. 

Post # 45
2869 posts
Sugar bee

Update: We’ll be getting the Save the Dates out by the end of the month. In 2 weeks, we’ll visit florists and a cake bakery. Right now we are working on the honeymoon in Hawaii. I have the beginnings of a wedding website set up on mywedding.com

(already have venue, DJ and photographer) Our reception and cermeony are in the same place)

Post # 46
132 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

We have done the following so far (we’re getting married on May 26 too!):

-I have my dress

-chosen bridesmaids, Maid/Matron of Honor and groomsmen

-hired a wedding planner who will be guiding us throughout the planning

-venue and caterer

-photographer + engagement shoot

-videographer

-band

-had an engagement party

I’m in the midst of:

-bridesmaids dress shopping (going on November 24)

-flowers/decor (going early October)

-invitations (looking at December to pick those out)

-planning our honeymoon!

The topic ‘May 26, 2013’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors