(Closed) May 28 2011

posted 8 years ago in May 2011
Post # 3
239 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

*waves* Welcome! 🙂

We’re having a long engagement, so we’ve been slowly checking things off our list for a year already. We’ve been checking out photographers and have decided on one, so we will be booking him shortly!

How is your planning going? What is stressing you out?

Post # 5
178 posts
Blushing bee

Hi Ladies!

I’m a May 28th bride also!

Sorry to hear about your troubles Ms. Syditty.  Has anyone offered to help you?

I’ve been engaged since before Christmas so I have already gotten alot done.  We have our ceremony and reception venues, our photographer and DJ already booked.  I am a meeting planner professional and my work schedule is going to be crazy right around my wedding so I wanted to get things done ASAP.

I am doing ALOT by myself.  My fiance is a graphic designer and we have a design business together, so we have designed and will print all of our paper products.  It’s nice to have that out of the way, so all we have to do is update the wording.

I’m actually going dress shopping in two weeks and will have a makeup trial while I am out there.  I’m planning a Chicago wedding from DC, so really the only struggle I am having right now is figuring out how to arrange everything around certain trips out there.  Thankfully, my parents live in Chicago so they have been able to help out with things when needed.

Post # 6
2388 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m a May 28, 2011 bride too! 

We got engaged in October so we’ve had time to slowly cross some things off the list.

– Destination and resort picked (Playa del Carmen)
– Date / time confirmed
– Save-The-Date Cards sent out
– Dress bought

I know what the groom and the best man will wear but we haven’t bought the outfits yet. 

You mentioned resort…are you doing a destination wedding as well? In my planning I’ve found that to be easier, as you have far fewer things to choose from (just pick flowers, etc.)

Post # 6
2388 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m a May 28, 2011 bride too! 

We got engaged in October so we’ve had time to slowly cross some things off the list.

– Destination and resort picked (Playa del Carmen)
– Date / time confirmed
– Save-The-Date Cards sent out
– Dress bought

I know what the groom and the best man will wear but we haven’t bought the outfits yet. 

You mentioned resort…are you doing a destination wedding as well? In my planning I’ve found that to be easier, as you have far fewer things to choose from (just pick flowers, etc.)

Post # 8
3068 posts
Sugar bee

ME ME ME

Post # 9
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m a 5/28/2011 bride!!  Been very stressed about wedding planning lately.  We have a huge guest list, a small budget, and the fiance is no help!!  Lol

Post # 10
693 posts
Busy bee

At this time there is no time for me to even devote to our wedding on May 28, 2011!  I have a best friend getting married in Oct. and another having a baby, also in october.  I figure after October, it will be time to refocus and get details ironed out.  At this time we have the venue, the dress, the caterer picked and the cake maker picked.  Invitations are chosen but not printed of course 🙂 Talk to me again in a few months!!!  I am sure I will be a beautiful mess!!!

Post # 11
3068 posts
Sugar bee

Here’s what we’ve gotten done:

• Booked venue & Reception location
  • Booked photographer
  • Booked DJ
  • Booked Florist
  • Picked out flowers
  • Designed and sent STD’s
  • Ordered custom guestbook
  • Had Engagement party (Next weekend)
  • Tried on dresses
  • Order Candy Buffet Bags
  • Bought my wedding band (YESTERDAY!)
  •  

Here’s what we need to do:

• Reserve makeup and hair artist
  • Decide on dress and purchase with accessories
  • Select bridesmaid dresses
  • Order invitations
  • Buy groom’s suits
  • Register for gifts
  • Choose invitations
  • Take engagement photos
  • Get candy for buffet
  • Buy his ring
  • Book/reserve a honeymoon (working on this)
  • Bridal Party gifts

We are on it girls!!!!!!! Saving up check by check for all these little things 🙂

Post # 12
178 posts
Blushing bee

Hey ladies!

How are you all doing with planning?  I feel like this is a dead period for me planning wise.

I did all the big stuff early on and already have a head step on the smaller things.  I’m just waiting for the 4 month deadline to roll around to get back into the swing of things.

Post # 13
660 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

We are trying to get everythign done early on so we only have the little things left closer to the wedding.  Venue, Photographers, Dress, Caterer/Planner, and DJ are booked. Still have lots left though.

Post # 14
14 posts
Newbee

I’m a May 28th Bride too!! (Actually a May 27 AND May 28 bride – having two ceremonies).

We also had a long engagement and I am also feeling stressed since I was hoping to have a lot more done by now. The big things are booked like the venue, photographer, Dress, Wedding Planner….but still have a lot to do.

Feels like my wedding planner has been MIA – but we are all so busy.

I actually joke with my fiancee that I wish we had planned a wedding for this past summer instead, so we could just enjoy being married to each other at this point lol.

We are getting closer to the 8 month mark – I can’t believe how fast time has flown by!

Post # 15
3978 posts
Honey bee

Just set the date for our May 28th wedding.

Very short engagement but we’re going pretty simple.

Main thing I’m worried about at the moment is getting a photographer booked.

We already have a venue and quite a few details decided. Going dress shopping right after Christmas!

So excited!

Post # 16
70 posts
Worker bee

Hi ladies!!

So all I have done is the following:

-booked church

-booked venue

-decided on food

-bought the dress:)

I have a lot more to do lol

I am currently working on cake tastings (yumm-o), researching photographers/videoographers and DJ, deciding on color scheme, deciding on invites, thinking about centerpieces etc etc

OMG I have a LOT to do !!

The topic ‘May 28 2011’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors