(Closed) May 31, 2014 Brides, Have you sent your Save the Dates??

posted 7 years ago in May 2014
Post # 17
92 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Ours went out in October because we had just moved and incorporated them into our change of address notes…although we’re realizing that there are plenty of people we didn’t send them to that we do want to invite.  Ugh

Post # 19
2445 posts
Buzzing bee

Haha wow I am soooooo behind. My fiance is designing ours and I’d say it’s 99% done. But in my defense we are having a small guest list of 40, and it’s just family and close friends. So everyone is coming for sure, plus or minus 5 people, and everyone already knows about it. Sending them out is just a formality for us.

Post # 20
1678 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@TaraMay_:  i just ordered mine and expect them in tomorrow – don’t worry! hahaha i’m way off the normal “schedule” and i have about 120 guests!

Post # 21
2445 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@blankenshiptobe:  haha these boards are both reassuring and stressing me out at the same time!

Post # 22
1678 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@TaraMay_:  seriously! my goal from day one was to have this whole “laid back, whatever, we’ll get to it” attitude…but then i come here and i’m like omg these ladies are on point and i’m a slacker hahaha…but its always good to see that other people are at the same pace as i am 😉

Post # 23
561 posts
Busy bee

I’m May 24th.  They go out tomorrow.  We wanted them out by November 1st.  We are both attorneys and life got in the way.  Plus wedding paper divas fucked up my reorder twice, so that caused a significant delay.  Half of them are out, the other half are going out soon (we only sent invites out to our respective works, and my fiancee’s family when we came to visit for Thanksgiving 🙂

I really suck at this stuff.

Post # 24
489 posts
Helper bee

I’m a little late on the ball too with STD’s but they’re going out next week!  

Since we’re getting married in the Hudson Valley which is B&B country & not really hotels, etc, it’s been challenging to lock down “places to stay” and whatnot without physically being home to negotiate block rates with people face to face.

But now we can finally send out travel info!  Woohoo!!

Post # 25
308 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

View original reply
@k8:  Have you started with the hotel block thing?  Has having a date close to the West Point commencement made things trickier for you?

Post # 27
489 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@MsLabRat:  we’re far enough N of West Point that it hasn’t been problematic!  What has been though are the commencements for the private boarding schools near the NY/CT/MA border.  We have two hotel blocks – one at a spot just 6mi away & another that we’ll be hiring a driver to run a shuttle back and forth from Poughkeepsie. 

Post # 28
310 posts
Helper bee

Mine went out October, and 2 in December as we were waiting on addresses and they were just not being provided.

The topic ‘May 31, 2014 Brides, Have you sent your Save the Dates??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors