Post # 1
Anyone else feeling a little bombarded by your to-do list now that we are only 5 months away?? I felt like I was really doing well with it the past several months and slowly getting things done. But now, I look at my list with that 5 month deadline and get a little anxiety. Uh Oh.
Post # 3
5 more months….
Are you kidding me?? So much to do and SO LITTLE TIME!!!
Thank goodness I FINALLY booked a florist!! (And hell yeah for May 4 brides!!)
Post # 4
Hey, that’s me! Yes…I’m lazy and have finals right now…should be studying…
I need a florist. I didn’t like the one I met with, she was really not accomodating to what I was wanting. I really don’t think I need to drop a lot of money on flowers, but she quoted me at like $2,000. I find that ridiculous.
Post # 5
@scrinz: Yikes!!! That’s crazy! We doing very minimal flowers. Pretty much only bouquets and boutonnieres (and the bridesmaids will only have one single red rose). We shouldn’t be paying a dollar over $400. But luckily I live in small town USA so things are crazy expensive.
Post # 6
@magglemay-2013: I felt the same way until I met with my florist last week.
@scrinz: We were also quoted $2,400 for flowers.. UGH! We were extremely lucky tho, we met our photographer in our favorite restauraunt (which happens to be the one we went to right before we got engaged) who then introduced us to our florist and the florist also does invitations! The photography, flowers, and invitations are going to be 1/2 the price of retail as these people do this as a side business. We had engagement photos taken as a trial and they were BEAUTIFUL! 🙂
I finally feel like everything is coming together. In the last month we booked the tuxes & the flowers, ordered the favors, decided on the invitations and the readers for our ceremony, lowered down the menu choices to 4 which we are going to sample in January and pick out 2. My dress is in and fits wonderfully! No alterations needed!!!
Things that are done!
- My dress (first fitting scheduled too)
- My shoes
- My veil
- jewelry (including rings)
- we have everything we need for the centerpieces (except for the actual flowers)
- favors should be in soon
- cake is ordered (already have the topper)
- tuxes are picked out (the men need to be measured)
- bridesmaid dresses have been ordered
- Photographer is booked
- videographer is booked
- florist is booked
- booked the hairdresser who also does nails and had my hair trial (love it!)
- Save-The-Date Cards were sent a while ago
- guest list is finalized for invitations to be sent
- DJ is booked, songs all picked out
- Limo is booked
- Mothers already have their dresses
- Hotel rooms have been blocked off for out of town guests to book
- Custimized table numbers are done
Things that need to be done in the next 2 months:
- pick out the food
- pick out the readings
- hire someone for ceremony music (organist)
- pick out presents for the wedding party
- book venue for rehersal dinner
- plan a honeymoon (we just got approval for vacation last week)
and that’s most of it! 🙂
136 days left ladies!!! (I can’t wait!)
Post # 7
Need to check off…
Thank heavens for an intimate destination wedding on a tropical island, that doesn’t require me to stress about anything else! :]
Post # 8
@scrinz: Im in May 2013 as well and I need a florist tool. Ack I almost forgot about that… thanks lol. Too many things to do!!!
Post # 9
Beautiful rings! I love Etsy 🙂