Post # 1
This month we are doing:
– first menu meeting & planning out floor plans/linens/lighting (our venue closes Dec-Mar so we have to do all of this early)
– engagement pictures (running a few months behind on this one, oops)
– ordering save the dates & mailing them at the end of the month
– we’ve also picked out a lot of smaller details like groomsmen gifts, so if they go on sale then I will buy all of that
– might try to make my veil since I’m not in love with one I bought
– book hair & makeup people
Post # 3
@MissNumbers: Wow, busy month for you! We’re looking at signing a contract with our photographer and our band this month. Maybe going to look at cloth for my dress too (my sister is making my dress :)). Only seven and a half more months, eeek!
Post # 4
we are sending out invitations (early i know!) and really want to sort Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses
Post # 5
Finishing up our STD’s and sending them out. I hope to have this done by mid Oct. The big day is 8 months away today 🙂
Post # 6
- Wedding: May 2013 - Kempinski San Lawrenz, Gozo
omg where do i start? Here’s my list:
1- order drinks
2 – cancel church and priest (we’re going for a civil ceremony instead)
3 – place deposit on venue
4 – dress 1st fitting (omg!)
5 – order wedding ring
6 – finish making invitations
7 – design programs
8 – make home-made apple pie jam for favors
9 – finish painting thumbprint tree
10 – place deposit on videographer
11 – start thinking about what the groom and groomsmen are going to wear
holy crap. how the hell am i going to pull this off?!
Post # 7
1. invitations, finish putting together and start addressing
2. decide on bm dresses, order in nov/dec
3. decide on flowers, going DIY but want to have a list of what we need and do a practice run
4. think about centerpieces…..
5. book hair/makeup pple
6. start thinkinb about gm tuxes/suits
Post # 8
I am hosting a little brunch at my place for all the bridesmaids and I to get together and get a few things accomplished:
1. I am having mismatched bridesmaids dresses, so my girls are going to put on a “fashion show” to make sure they all look as good together in person as they do in my mind!
2. On this same day I am giving my girls a hair and makeup trials (FI’s cousin is doing bridemaid hair and makeup).
3. We are sending out our Save the Dates by the end of October, so my girls will help me stamp and stuff them all.
4. I am signing the day-of coordinator contract.
5. We are setting a date for a venue walk through with our caterer, and our first tasting.
That’s it for me for October!!
Post # 9
1. Finish sending out Save-The-Date Cards (I mailed some today, but my fiance has some addresses to track down).
2. Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses. I am doing mismatched. 3 out of 5 have already ordered their dresses. I want to make appts with the other 2 so they can order theirs.
3. Book honeymoon. This is very ambitious — I may not get to it. At the very least I want to narrow it down to a couple of locations and a couple of hotels.
4. Officially book our church singer and musician
5. Start researching invitations so we know which way we want to go (Michael’s kit, ordering from the internet, or a stationary store).
6. Book the vendor for our whoopie pie table.
Post # 10
- Wedding: May 2013 - Pavilion overlooking golf course scenery, reception at banquet hall
According to my Google calendar, October has…
*Send the cake baker the deposit (meant to do this last week, oops)
*Make a wedding website
*Fill out minister’s paperwork and pay the deposit
*Take engagement photos
*Create Save-the-Dates (100 free postcards from Vistaprint, just slap an engagement photo of us on it and type our names, the date, and the wedding website)
*Finalize the guest list.
*Stamp, address, and send Save-the-Dates as soon as they get here.
*Work on registry (already started, but needs some tune-ups)
*Plan the ceremony based on the book that the minister gave us.
LOTS to do in October, but November through February are literally empty on my calendar right now! And I bought my dress this weekend (a take-it-home-now sample!) so that frees up some stress for later on! 🙂
Edit: Forgot, bridesmaid dresses need to be decided on soon as well. And book our ceremony acoustic guitarist. Ahhh!
Post # 11
If I type this out I’ll keep at it.. Right?
We need to
– talk to florists and choose one
– design/start invites
– finalize guest list (hopefully cut it down)
– site walk thru w/decorator, florist and site manager
– think about honeymoon
– guys need outfits and kid attendants
– look at hotels to reserve block of rooms
– find ceremony musicians
– start RCIA program w/ church
– engagement photos
Have: food, venue, church, dresses, limo, cocktail hour musician, cake, photographer
Need: makeup artist/hair, shoes, jewellery, wedding bands, ceremony program, stationary, timeline,desserts, photo booth, rehearsal dinner, liquor license, menu
Post # 12
I sent my deposit for my photographer today!
yay, started making my veil, it is made, now I am working beautifying it (adding a pearl edge and some sparkle here and there)
I am going to keep going on my paper flowers.
I have made my bridesmade jewelry
I found my shoes on Sunday, but just need to order them, the store I found them at did not have my size.
The bridesmaids have finally started to look at dresses, they will all be wearing different styles in the same color, lenght and fabric.
Have: food, venue, dress, dj, Justice of the Peace, cake, photographer, makeup artist/hair Need: shoes, jewellery, wedding bands, ceremony program, stationary, timeline, rehearsal dinner
Post # 13
Wow everyone is going to be sooo productive this month..
I started designing my invites… they are done except for the RSVP i’m not sure I like it anymore as much as I orignally had… and the direction insert as I can’t get my map to look right.. enlisting a friend’s friend who does graphic design.. we’ll see.. Need to print and put together (I did get adhesive dot runners lots of them on clearance at hobby lobby today.. think 12 is enough?)
Reserved hotel block of rooms
Finalized the tent options and parents put the deposit down on that..
Booking a flipbook photobooth.. deposit going down this month
I have a dress I like but haven’t “Officially gone” with my mother so that’ll happen later this month as well as bridesmaid dresses.. also working on groomsmen outfits..
Working on a menu…
Got my uncle ordained to wed us..
Already have videographer booked, photographer booked, DJ Booked
Still need to do some major things.. caterer, wedding/hair needs to be booked, work on programs, timeline,wedding rings, finish shoes, and other miscellaneous projects…
Post # 14
1) Engagement Pictures
2) Save the Dates
4) Start brainstorming for centerpieces (I’ve bought a couple of things I’d like to use, I just need to start on them!)
Post # 15
My main task this month is to order the save-thee-dates and begin addressing and sending them by November 4th (six months in advance). Otherwise, just chugging away at my DIY projects (centerpieces, etc.) and premarital counseling but nothing else major!!
Post # 16
E-pics at end of month for christmas card Save-The-Date Cards
Ssk the men of the bridal party to stand up for us. (I aksed my ladies months ago and they already have dresses and shoes…Fiance was a little slow so I finally gave him a deadlne of the end of this month).