- 6 years ago
- Wedding: August 2012
Fiance and I live in South Texas, and we are having the wedding in Washington (where I am from). We planned it for July 21, 2012. We sent the save the dates out about 3 weeks ago. Before we sent them, I asked Fiance “are you SURE, we are going to be ok with the budget and everything?” he assured me that we would be fine and told me to send out the std’s.
Fast forward to this past weekend…out of nowhere Fiance asked me if we could change the date. His work has been cut down, so now that changes things as far as the wedding goes. I know recently he has gotten more overwhelmed with the cost of wedding stuff just adding up, and the date getting closer. All we have is the venue and my dress, and our date is approaching. I was so upset because I had asked him repeatedly, before we sent out the std’s. But then I thought about it. I don’t want to spend the next 4 months arguing/ stressed out about money. Money can stress a couple out, cause a lot of problems, and I don’t want that vibe shadowing our wedding date. I just don’t think we can pull it off now (because of the change of work). I actually wouldn’t mind moving it to next summer, because our anniversary falls on a Saturday, plus it is 2013 (our anniversary is on a “13”, and he proposed on our 13 month anniversary). “13” has sentiment, plus we can budget and save up better.
Bridesmaids have been chosen, but they are dragging on ordering their dresses anyways(stressing me out), flight costs have went up So much that I can’t even go up to WA to finish planning as I had intended to by late April, and none of his family/ friends have booked their flights because of the cost. Plus, all we have is our venue booked (which the date can be change without incident).
At first my parents said they would give us $2,000, but their circumstances changed, so they can no longer do that, and I understand. I brought up to my mom that we may have to change the date. She is so upset about this, worried about what people will think…she kept using the term “called off”, when it is definitely not called off, just postponed. She carried on about what the family/ church people will say, ect. I hate to disappoint my parents, but we are now paying for this ourselves, and if we decide to move it (which has yet to be officially discussed), it is our decision.
Should we go through and move the date to next summer, how do we tell our guests who received the save the dates?