(Closed) May have to reschedule AGAIN…help????

posted 9 years ago in Family
Post # 3
6386 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: April 2013

@KT_Hime:  Well if you and your Fiance are paying, the final decision is yours.  If your in laws are paying, then they probably get the final say.  Is moving the honeymoon back a compromise for you (but still having the wedding in Sept)?  Here’s the thing about wedding planning, you can’t make everyone happy; you’ll just drive yourself mad if you try to.  You need to find a compromise that works for you and your Fiance.  Best of luck.

Post # 4
2969 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I woul just schedule the honeymoon for a later time. My husband and I never even actually took a honeymoon and we’re planning on taking one when we have more money. It’ll give you extra time to maybe save up for something amazing. 

Post # 6
8409 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@KT_Hime:  My first thought as I read through your post was, “this is easy – keep the wedding as-is and have the honeymoon later, no problem.” But it sounds like your Fiance suggested this and you don’t like that idea. … why not? It seems like a reasonable compromise. I do agree that his parents are way too involved and kind of silly — an August wedding is “too soon” but September is ok? A one month difference? That doesn’t make sense.

But regardless: “Our only options (according to him) are to keep it where it is and take a honeymoon later/miss a week of class or move it even further away.” — these are the only options I see too. Is there another alternative that’s missing, that you would prefer? 

Post # 7
205 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I would keep the wedding date as you have it then take your honeymoon later (maybe during winter break).

Post # 9
1149 posts
Bumble bee

@KT_Hime:  you can wait and do your honeymoon during a break like pay for it now so you have to go. that way you can still get married when you like and you wont be stressed about planning it separately

Post # 11
2567 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Nothing wrong with doing your honeymoon a little while after the wedding, and it sounds like that might even be a better deal for you since you won’t be competing with the end-of-summer travelers for the good airfares.  It’s not too hard to dodge the high fares during winter break if you do a little research.

We did a 2-day getaway right after the wedding, and took a proper honeymoon 3 months later, and it could not have worked out better!

Post # 12
1149 posts
Bumble bee

@KT_Hime:  spring break? summer break? i’m in grad school too so i understand. if you want to go during the semester he could take time off for a week or two and turn in his work early. i teach university level and profs are usually willing to work with students if given notice.

Post # 14
931 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

We are getting married in June and our honeymoon isn’t until October. Why can’t you have the honeymoon at a later date?

Post # 15
285 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

@KT_Hime:  You said: “I feel like I have no say when our wedding is and that his parents have more control over than I do.”

I’ll tell you right now. If your Fiance is spending more time trying to appease his parents then make decisions based on what makes his WIFE happy, it’s not time for you to get married.

The topic ‘May have to reschedule AGAIN…help????’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors