(Closed) May POAS – lets make some 2014 babies

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 92
4802 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@onyx81:  I just got the second one today!  I hear it’s a real cliffhanger. 

Post # 93
4802 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@MrsF13:  I loved it too!  My mouth was actually hanging open at some parts lol.  I don’t get HBO but I do watch GOT on DVD once it comes out, so I haven’t seen any of the newest ones yet!!  Can’t wait though.

Post # 94
1610 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

@MademoiselleL:  it is a cliffhanger, and I don’t think the 3rd one is close to being ready.  Ugh… Why does she have to take so long to write the book!!

Post # 96
1610 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Since I am a newbie at all to this, I have a question for everyone.  How many days past ovulation do you POAS?  Do you just wait until you miss a period, or do you do it sooner?

Post # 97
65 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: August 2011

@pink_sherbert:  how do I get a POAS date? I don’t understand all these calculators etc… i think I ovulated between 12-14th April… when can I test or do I have to wait to miss AF?

Post # 98
1963 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

Cross posting from the charters thread to get some opinions over here too:

ladies, I am so dang frustrated with my ovaries right now:( does it appear to anyone else like I O’d yesterday and my neg OPK was because I missed the surge? Balls. Well I guess if that’s the case I can call it a win that my cycle is getting. More normal and hope that a BD on O-4 will do it 

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/utopia4us

i guess stay tuned for an updated POAS day.

Post # 99
1963 posts
Buzzing bee

@material_girlxx:  are you using fertility friend? Most ladies kind of choose an arbitrary date they are comfortable with. Some ladies like to start testing a 8dpo, 10 dpo, 12 dpo, I like to wait til AF is actually late since I would rather see AF than a BFN. FF will also recommend when you should test, I think for newer charters they say 18 dpo or something ridiculously long like that.

@onyx81:

Post # 101
855 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Roll Call!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Yay!

Current Cycle Day: 8 

Ovulation Date: FF says April 24th  / CD14

POAS date/Usual Cycle Length: May 7th  / 25-28

Cycles trying: This is our first!!! ๐Ÿ™‚  

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc): been taking prenatals since October, charting my BBT, BDing the same as usual

Link to Chart, if any: N/A 

Favourite book you’ve read in the past 12 months (not ttc / baby /  pregnancy related please)?: I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell By Tucker Max…I’ve read that book like 3 times now but I still crack up everytime. Also, Tietnam Brown by Mick Foley (Also read at least three times now) Apparently I need some new books.

Post # 104
65 posts
Worker bee

@pink_sherbert:  does “dpo” mean “days post ovulation? so far i think it’s about 4 days post and AF only supposed to come around 28th ish… so think it’s too soon… grrrr. make my POAS date like 5th of May and will see what happens with AF – Will update u if she doesn’t come!!!! Kiss

Post # 105
65 posts
Worker bee

not using FF as i feel like it’s a lot of work for me…. so BD every few days instead…

Post # 106
1963 posts
Buzzing bee

@material_girlxx:  yup sorry, I mean Days past ovulation. If you aren’t sure when you ovulated though I would def wait for AF to be late. Its just too hard to guess when to POAS otherwise 

The topic ‘May POAS – lets make some 2014 babies’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors