(Closed) May POAS – lets make some 2014 babies

posted 7 years ago in TTC
Post # 108
1963 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

@pink_sherbert:  I think the temp that day is probably ok. I was only an hour or so late temping. Well at least this TWW I will probably be less crazy with the symptom spotting since it seems pretty unlikely that I am KU with our BD timing if that was O.

Post # 109
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

I did my first OPK this morning! I figure that will be the best way for me to figure out when I O bc I have some nose issues and sleep with my mouth open so I worry my temps won’t work… Anywho… it was negative but I’m not surprized as its only CD10

Post # 110
4575 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@onyx81:  you can POAS as early as 6-7dpo, but it is recommended to wait until AF is late, which nobody really does here lol…

@NewYearsEve:  Welcome, lady!

Post # 111
66 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@pink_sherbert:  

Yeah, I have long cycles due to PCOS. I’ve not had AF for anything up to 18 months in the past. Even the ‘fake’ periods on bcp stopped when it was really bad.

I’m doing 1 yr of TTC naturally despite RE telling me to go see him when I want to start TTC. I really would like to try naturally first before they interfere but it is sooo hard!

Post # 112
1285 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Roll Call!!!
Current Cycle Day: CD1
Ovulation Date: Predicted for May 11 (whoo hooo, mother’s day conception!)
POAS Date/Usual Length: Predicted for May 25, but hopefully sooner. My cycle has been growing and I hope that patter stops.
Cycles Trying: this is #4
BFP Plan: We are going to do our best to BD EOD instead of daily (which may still be hard with the IL in town for my entire FW), switching from OPK to the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor, visiting an herbalist that has helped other couples (I heard the tea she gives is gross but works), alkaline diet (i.e. mostly vegan-let’s see how long that lasts!) and of course, green tea, prenatals, fish oil, red raspberry leaf tea and charting.
Link to any chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/4265ae
Favorite book you’ve read in the past 12 months: I read a lot and have a ton of favorite books, but I loved “Here comes the midwives” and my new favorite author is Ronlyn Domingue, I read her book “The Mapmaker’s War” and can’t wait to read her other book “The Mercy of Thin Air”.

Post # 113
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2013

Current Cycle Day: 1

Ovulation Date: May 2nd (I think)

POAS date/Usual Cycle Length: May 16th  / 28

Cycles trying: This will be our 2nd cycle!  

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc): Prenatal vitamins, Planning to time BD a little better this time. 

Link to Chart, if any: N/A 

Favourite book you’ve read in the past 12 months (not ttc / baby /  pregnancy related please)?: Steal Like an Artist (advice book for artists and designers)

Post # 114
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014 - Ceremony: St Patrick\'s Basilica Reception: Southern Cross Ballroom, Esplanade Hotel Fremantle

Current Cycle Day: 4

Ovulation Date: 30th of May if this cycle is another 28 in length

POAS date/Usual Cycle Length: I’m going to test on the 14th of may :), my edd af date.

Cycles trying: cycle #1 for baby #2 ^.^

BFP Plan (BD timing, supplements, etc): Elevit, bding as much as possible! at least every other day, minimal stress, positive vibes and fingers crosssed 😀

Link to Chart, if any: n/a

Favourite book you’ve read in the past 12 months (not ttc / baby / pregnancy related please)?: Never throw rice at a pisces: the bride’s astrology guide to planning your wedding, choosing your honeymoon, and loving every second of it no matter what your sign.

Post # 115
1610 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

It looks like my offical POAS date will be May 5th.  I have a question though… How do people keep from getting their hopes up?  Since this is my first cycle, I feel like I am being way more optimistic that I should be, and I am afraid it is going to be a huge blow when it doesn’t work right away.  I know the odds are not in my favor of it working the first time, but I know so many people that it happened too.  I do you prevent getting too optimistic so you aren’t devastated when it doesn’t happen?  

Post # 116
290 posts
Helper bee

@onyx81:  

I feel like I am being way more optimistic that I should be, and I am afraid it is going to be a huge blow if it doesn’t work right away.

I have the same concerns and question that you do – would love to hear from bee’s about this.

Post # 117
3170 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@onyx81:  

@EquiBee2013:  

It takes time to stop being so optimistic. I really think that for the first couple of cycles you really believe you will get that BFP because you have no reason not to believe. After awhile though it gets so old.

My best advice would be to not test until AF is late or you have serious symptoms. I don’t even have tests in my house. Every now and then I really think I am but just wait it out and see and AF always shows up. It’s gotten easier but still sucks. You can’t just tell yourself not to symptom spot because it isn’t that easy. We look so forward to getting KU that it’s impossible not to think about it during the TWW. Just try not to test until you are really late.

Also, it helps to not tell people you are TTC. It’s so hard when everyone is saying ‘it will happen this month’ or ‘are you pregnant yet?’. I made that mistake and really wish I hadn’t told anyone.

Good luck ladies, I really hope it happens quickly for you!

Post # 118
3755 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@Birdee106:  4th cycle and already lost the hope/excitement of ttc. Now it’s just frustrating. But thankfully I have a wedding to look forward to and I use my dress fittings as a reason to not be upset that I’m not pregnant yet. Fun times.

Post # 119
1285 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Birdee106:  and @jny1179:  gave good advise. But honestly, it is nice to be excited and optimistic, this may be your month. It has only been 3 cycles and I’m already feeling pessimistic, I would love to go back to optimistic and excited. So my additional advise, enjoy it and hope for the best!

Post # 120
1963 posts
Buzzing bee

@onyx81:  

@EquiBee2013:  yeah I really don’t think there’s anything to stop the positivity. Last cycle I was convinced I was preggers for all of like 3 days until AF arrived super early. When it looks like you did everything right it’s hard not to get excited. I think for me that it’s inevitable that I will be bummed for a day or two each time and that’s it.

Post # 121
290 posts
Helper bee

I agree, I think I would be bummed for a couple days and then be totally ready to try again – it’s a journey! I think it’s just the hype of “the first cycle” that makes us all a little crazy lol, the very unknown and new process.

The topic ‘May POAS – lets make some 2014 babies’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors