(Closed) Meal planning thread week of 10/4!

posted 5 years ago in Cooking
Post # 2
962 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2016

So, here is my list in terms of when items will be prepared (all crockpot recipes):

BBQ Chicken (cooked Saturday), Pork Roast (cook Monday), Beef Curry (cook Wednesday or Thursday), Pork Chops (cook Sunday).

Post # 3
3230 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
amygdala:  Sunday – Split Pea Soup with French bread (made it in the crockpot Friday)

Monday – Sliced ham, macaroni and cheese, and a veggie that looks good at the store

Tuesday – Chicken burritos in the crock pot (chicken, salsa, black beans, rice)

Wednesday – Grilled hot dogs, grilled asparagus, and the rest of the mac and cheese

Thursday – Breakfast for dinner (pancakes, eggs, sausage)

Friday – Leftover chicken burritos 

It’s a really simple week because my goal was not to buy any meat at the store this week, lol. 

Post # 4
525 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Sunday: lime cilantro shrimp salad with avocado and fajita veggies 

Monday: salmon and grilled veggies – bell peppers, tomatoes, onion, green beans 

Tuesday: chicken taco salad

Wednesday: Amy’s frozen pizza (late night at work for me that day)

Thursday: chicken and grilled green beans/broccoli 

Friday: pesto shrimp with Italian seasoned grilled asparagus and tomatoes

Saturday: ? I bought stuff to have a few options (like ginger miso noodles with shrimp or roasted tomato basil soup with chicken) but I’ll play it by ear 

Post # 5
1376 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

Oh fun!

Sunday – Leftover kefta (north African specialty with ground beef simmered in tomato sauce with baked eggs cracked over it) tagine served with bread. (Hubby)

Monday – Stuffed green peppers with lentils, rice, summer squash, onion and cheese and a side of sweet potatoes. (Me)

Tuesday – Curry over rice with chickpeas, sweet potato, squash, onion, spinach and carrots. (Me)

Wednesday – Leftover curry.

Thursday – Not sure but hubby will cook. Possibly pea soup with mozerella cheese.

Friday – Leftovers of whatever hubby makes.

Saturday – Cheat night! Either grilled cheese at home or going out for burgers.

Post # 6
783 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2015

Sunday- quesadillas and leftover chili

Monday- Marinated steak with mashed potatoes and probably roasted brussel sprouts

Tuesday- homemade chicken nuggets with a rice side and vegetable tbd!

Wednesday- Baked Ziti

Thursday- leftovers

Friday- not sure yet. I do my shopping and meal planning every Friday since I am off from work so my meal weeks go Friday- Thursday

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  libradana301.
Post # 7
619 posts
Busy bee

Funny this thread popped up. I try to do Sunday-Thursday meal plan on Sunday mornings, so all we have to do is reheat or make rice, a veg, etc. This morning I had split pea soup in one crock pot, roasted veggie soup simmering on the stove, a mini pan of flourless brownies in the oven, apple chips prepped and ready to be baked after the brownies, and JUST putting some dough mix into the bread maker for homemade pizza crust when my oven fried out! OMG the coil in the bottom started on fire and essentially blew the thing up! It scared the day lights out of me. Needless to say our meal plan has changed a bit for this week, as both of us are too busy to go shopping together until next weekend. Thank goodness we have a plethora of crock pots, an electric skillet, and an outside grill with a side burner! (The house smells divine regardless!)

Modified meal plan for the week in no specific order:

apple chips are now apple sauce- which will be mixed with oatmeal for breakfast. Yum!! 

Split pea soup with ham and kale

roasted tomato, pepper, eggplant, and leek soup with grilled sandwich or toast

spaghetti squash with homemade Greek yogurt Alfredo sauce, with grilled chicken and mushrooms 

Leftovers/repeats

Friday will likely be take out pizza as we our watching our niece at their house.

The topic ‘Meal planning thread week of 10/4!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors