Post # 1
I’ve been watching Meet the Parents on TV (haha I love this movie), and it got me thinking…
It took Greg a very swift 10 months to date, fall in love, decide Pam was The One, select and buy an engagement ring himself, plan a special proposal (and then re-plan another proposal lol), get Pam’s crazy CIA dad Jack’s approval (after many, many “bumps” in the road haha), and to propose to the love of his life.
Well gosh darn it! My SO has it easy!
- We fell in love and already knew we were each other’s “Ones” not long after dating
- I’ve dropped plenty of informative hints for him about rings
- I even suggested he give me a Count of Monte Cristo-style “string ring”
- I even gave him some string…
- I eventually gave up on my surprise-ring-fantasy and pretty much spelled. out. every. single. detail. of. my. favorite. ring. to him
- I even saved him 15% off my setting when I walked him into the jewelry store that carried my ring
- The ring even came with a sparkly cubic zirconia, which I said was just fine with me
- His best/only female friend used to work with and is good friends/keeps in contact with a retired jeweler who can get diamonds wholesale
- The jeweler worked for who knows how many years practically down the street from my SO’s childhood home and has made pieces and found gems for other close friends, for SO’s parents, etc., and therefore…
- My SO pretty much already knows the guy.
- We have been on a few perfect-proposal-opportunity-vacations
- I even offered to just go to the court house
- My dad is seriously the friendliest guy ever. (lol)
So why the heck has it been nearly 4 years, and my SO is still dragging ass/ messing around/ taking forever/ not buying the damn cow already/ getting more gray hairs as he takes his sweet old time??
Haha. Bees, just how easy has it been for your SO to just pull-the-damn-trigger already? How easy have you made it for your SO?? 😉
Post # 3
I’ve made it pretty darn easy for my Boyfriend or Best Friend. I told him about dream proposals A and B. My parents LOVE him. I had a photo of the ring as my wallpaper on my computer forever. Hell he even has the ring. All he has to do is propose! I’ve given him plenty of opportunities, both before we went and got the ring together (in case he had bought the ring and just didn’t tell me) and since the jeweler informed us that the ring is ready.
Dream proposal A = proposal on the jumbotron of mine and BF’s fave football team. I don’t really want to wait until June when football season starts again. Plus June is just the pre-season game, then we have a ton of away games in the hopes that our team can get their new stadium built. While it would be super cool to have the first proposal at the new stadium, that
s looking like it will be in August or possibly September. I dont think I could wait that long!!!
Dream proposal B = Proposal at the happiest place on earth. Not Disney, btw, but the spa, and not just any spa, but this spa where we live called Ten Spa. It
s on the top floor of this gorgeous old hotel. Its supposed to be one of the best spas in Canada if not North America. That place is so wonderful that if someone told me that
s what heaven is like, I would die right then and there. I suggested to Boyfriend or Best Friend that we could go there for their spa and yoga retreat. Its basically an overnight stay where you get to do hamam at the spa and yoga and then if you stay Saturday night you get their amazing Sunday brunch.
ve also suggested to the Boyfriend or Best Friend that we could do a weekend getaway to his parents gorgeous cabin or something. But nothing has happened.
I can honestly say that there is not a single event coming any time in the near future where I think Boyfriend or Best Friend would propose. I
m kinda bummed about it. Boyfriend or Best Friend btw, isnt one to do a big suprise. He would never just randomly take me somewhere without telling me, he
s too practical and too much of a planner. Also, hes a worst case scenario type person and would be freaking out about all the things that could go wrong.
Post # 4
@futuremrste: I think all your ideas are great!! Now if he would only pay attention! 😉 and LOL @ “That place is so wonderful that if someone told me that
s what heaven is like, I would die right then and there." haha PS What is a hamam?
Since my SO has seemed to have missed so many of these prime opportunities, as I’m sure many others have as well, I’m always catching myself trying to stop myself from thinking those nicer moments and even the everyday moments could be “it.”
- In the morning, as SO is getting ready for work, but I’m still sleeping. He wakes me up with: “Shiny, I have a question.” (Music to my ears) “YES???? What question???” “Does this shirt match these pants?” womp womp…
- SO grabs his keys one day… “I need to get something out of my car.” (OMG what if this is it?? He’s been hiding my ring in his glove box this whole time??) He comes back with… a burnt out car lightbulb. womp womp…
- I have class all day and SO has a comp day. (What a great chunk of time for him to secretly go ring shopping!!) I come home only to find him in a zombie-like-state in his underwear, sweating up a storm playing Playstation for hours. womp womp…
- We take a beautiful walk on the beach in California, and another in Michigan, “SO, this is so romantic” his not-paying-attention-response: “Huh?” (clueless) womp womp…
- Rarely going out to eat, he springs on me one day: “Shiny, let’s go to this nice steak house. It’s a bit more expensive and a really nice place, so wear something a little nicer.” (Omg THIS is it!, as I rush to paint my nails before we head out...) ..only to arrive at the restaurant with 8 of his coworkers….he failed to mention that small detail. womp womp…
Ahhh…. I think the problem is that in general, women are much more creative in being able to think of genius/cute/ANYTHING proposal ideas, and for men, two and two don’t seem to click all the time lol…
Post # 5
@shinythingsrule: Hamam is a turkish bath. http://www.tenspa.ca/hamam.cfm I haven’t done it yet, but it sounds nice. While you’re there check out the other wonderful stuff they do at that spa.
I had their body coccoon once. OMG. I did the Cleopatra milk and honey coccoon and they basically put a thick layer of warm lotion on your skin then fold you in a sheet, then fold you in like a waterbed bladder, then fill the thing with warm water. It’s kind of like you’re floating, but it’s dry. Then they rock you in the coccoon and give you a mini facial, a scalp massage and a foot massage. I fell asleep. When they woke me up, I was all “NOOOOOOOOO! Leave me here!”
Boyfriend or Best Friend actually bought me a whole package for me four our 2 year anniversary present. I got a body scrub before the wrap, a massage after the wrap, then the hot cream manicure and signature pedicure.
They do dry manis and pedis there, and you get put in like a lay-z-boy crossed with a dentist chair. They also cover you with a wee down duvet while they’re doing your nails. Oh and they recommend you get there like 1/2 hour early (I usually go an hour early) because they have a steam room and a eucalyptus and mint rain mist shower. They give you a big fluffy robe to wear. Gah, it’s just amazing. I wish I could go there all the time!
Post # 6
Oh and PS? Any time during that whole spa package would have been a good time for Boyfriend or Best Friend to show up and propose. He told me after that he did go out looking at rings and had one picked out. But like less than a week later, before he went back to the store to buy it I had to open my big fat mouth and say that I wanted a say in the ring. We pretty much got the ring he had picked out, we just went with a custom jeweler who gave us the same setting, basically, but with a bigger, better diamond, for the same price as the store where Boyfriend or Best Friend was going to buy the ring.
Also, I don’t know what was up with the formating of my earlier post. My computer is being weird…