Post # 1
I have no idea what to ask him! I’ll be going with my Fiance and maybe a Groomsmen, but I’ve never interviewed a vendor before and neither have they…I’m soo nervous, any suggestions for what to find out? I already know his prices and I’m fairly sure we’ll be going with him to be honest, but I just need to know what I should “officially” ask him.
Post # 3
Sorry I am not much help, my photographer is a highschool friend of mine, so our meeting was very informal (met over beer and wings). More than likely the photographer will tell you what he offers, what type of photos that he takes and go over prices again. You should tell him what style of photos you like best…photos before or after wedding…engagement session….who you want pictures of…you get the idea.
Post # 4
Here is a list of questions that I asked the 4 photographers that I interviewed:
- How soon after the wedding date do we see our proofs?
- Are proofs part of the package?
- What is included in your package?
- How many photographers do we get and the length of time?
- How many photos do I get in the package?
- Some images might be enhanced. So, I would ask how many enhanced images do I get?
- What do you do with the rest of the photos?
- How do approach lighting in the later hours? (only relevant if you have an outdoors reception)
- Do you do more posed shots or photojournalistic shots?
- If you’re sick, what’s the back up plan?
- Do you have back up equipment?
- On average how many pictures do you take?
- Do you have references?
- How much do you require for a deposit?
Post # 5
Sorry, that got kind of long, but I hope it helps. I would make sure to interview at least two people so that you have something to compare.
Post # 6
- Ask to see a full weddings images, not just the “best of” from several weddings.
- Do they have liability insurance?
- What sort of equipment & back up equipment do they have?
- Deposit & payment schedule
- Are you recieving a disc of images and do you get a “personal usage release” also
- How many photographers do they provide & how much extra for the 2nd?
- Do they work with an assistant or solo
- Timeframe for receiving photos, albums, etc.
- Will there be an online gallery for guests to purchase/view photos?
- What sort of lighting gear do they use?
- What is their refund policy in the event of cancelation?
- Do they have a back up photographer if they are somehow unable to attend.
and there are plenty more that i cant think of. but these are some of the questions im prepared to answer when i meet with a bride & groom.
(a pro photog)