Post # 32
- Move to Washington so there is no taxes on Lottery!
- Pay off all debt.
- Purchase new cars, build a home for us as well as my parents.
- Set up a trust for my family members in need.
I cannot even imagine 1 million let alone almost half a billion!!!
Post # 33
Holy cow!!! Are Canadians allowed to hop the border and buy tickets?!
1. Change all my phone numbers.
2. Call lawyer and my dad (he’s my accountant).
3. Hide out somewhere far far away and very luxurious for at least a month. Maldives? Bora bora? Both? LOL!
4. While I’m gone, have a new house built exactly where and how I want it.
5. Go on a shopping spree in Italy and Paris before I put the rest of the money in a bank account 😉
Post # 34
After I screamed and cried I would;
1. Pay off all our debt (student loans, mortgage)
2. Spend an entire year traveling the world.
3. Build an awesome house (nothing insane or HUGE)
4. Buy new car and clothes
5. Set up college fund for all my neices and nephews, open an animal shelter.
Post # 35
1. Definitely agree–hire an accountant/lawyer to help manage the money
2. Pay off all of our school loans and any other debt
3. Pay of my mom’s and sister’s debts, and maybe help out a few other friends/family
4. Donate to several schools and pet rescues
5. TRAVEL THE WORLD!!!
I don’t want a new car and I’m perfectly happy with my house, I would be more happy knowing that I’m set for life! I would probably start my own business and quit my current job! 🙂
Post # 36
I’d quit working ASAP.
I’d travel the world (literally).
I’d help both my parents and DH’s parents retire and buy our siblings homes.
I’d invest the money so all of my future generatons for years and years to come would be provided for without allowing anyone to just blow through the money.
Post # 37
1. I’d speak to an accountant and a lawyer.
2. I’d pay off all of my and my SO’s student loans.
3. I’d buy a couple of homes. One where my SO wants to work (if he wants to continue that) and another near where we live here for when we want to visit family or our extended family wants to visit our immediate family.
4. Buy a new car for my SO and I.
5. Fly to to see a special reproductive doctor (that I already picked out) who is top knotch in removing endometriosis and performing ovarian wedge surgery.
6. Invest the rest or donate a portion of it to charities. I’d go back to school and just keep taking classes. 🙂
7. OH and I forgot, my SO and I would likely take a 1 year sabbatical from everything and travel the world. 🙂
EDIT: Sorry for not staying at 5, I just have so many things that I would do!
Post # 38
I wish i could win! i guess you have to play to win 🙂
I would first set up college for our babies, then invest invest invest. pay off all debt, which is very little, build our dream home and RETIRE EARLY!!
Post # 39
1) Attorney/Accountant (even though I am an attorney, I would want someone familiar with financial issues)
2) Buy a 3 carat Tiffany Legacy ring. My dream ring!
3) Set up a savings plan
4) Buy a home (something fairly modest). We are pretty young, I dont want to bite off more than we can chew.
5) Buy new cars. Again, something modest.
6) Fund the scholarship that is already set up in my grandparents name, and also fund our own
7) Pay off parents mortgages
I am honestly terrified of family members/people coming out of the woodworks asking for money. I already feel so strange about people asking for money, I think this would change so many relationships.
Post # 40
Holy Pete! I’d definitely do the attorney accountant meeting, but once I got the money, I’d:
1-Pay off all of our student debt, and that of our immediate family
2-Quit both of our jobs, or at least give notice of a 6 month break while we take a very long vacation to travel and plan out what we wanted to do with the money
3-Set up a trust…we could live off the first payout of $13 Mil+ forever, and just bank and spend/donate the other $330 Mil that would come in the next 25 years
4-Build homes for our famlies and build ourselves multiple homes in our favorite locations….like, 10 homes.
5- Charities, donations, scholarships, paying for medical bills/mortgages to strangers, and helping people who aren’t receiving the child support they’re owed (all anonymously, if possible)
Post # 41
1. Hire an accountant/lawyer
2. Pay off all debts
3. Buy a house/New cars
4. Donate to an animal abuse charity
5. Help out family members
6. Travel the world!
ok its 6 things but I couldn’t leave any out 🙂
Post # 42
My FI’s been coordinating buying tickets for the last couple drawings, so we’ve been dreaming about what to do with it :D.
1. Pay off all our debt (students loans, credit cards, etc.) and our parents’ houses
2. Buy this house – http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3544-San-Remo-Ter_Sarasota_FL_34239_M56066-51734?source=web
3. Buy a private jet membership
4. Go somehwere like this and stay in the most expensive room until we get bored – http://waldorfastoriamaldives.com/
5. Get new cars. Fiance wants a Tesla, and I’ll get some kind of sporty convertible.
Post # 43
2. Pay off mortgage
3. Gift our families money
5. Open a huge animal shelter
Post # 44
@Future MrsB: You’ve been thinking about this, and I like your style. *drools over waldorf astoria*
It just occured to me that if we quit our jobs, there’s no reason to stay in this town. So the new question is where to move with basically unlimited money. Hahaha.
Post # 45
1. Pay off debt.
2. Upgrade everything (wedding, house, car LOL)
3. Help out family.
5. Save some, invest some.
Post # 46
If I could play and won ALL of it, I would
- Make out $10,000 cheques to each one of my relatives, aunts, uncles, 1st cousins only
- Pay my mom’s living expenses for the next 10 years at her retirement home
- Have my dream house built
- Pay off all my debts, bills etc…
- Start my own business