- 8 years ago
1) Give half of it away to friends, family and charity. Keeping all that money to myself would be just wrong.
2) Buy a car for myself and my fiance. I want a Nissan Juke 🙂 Fiance wants a jeep.
3) Switch to part-time employment. I love my job too much to quit.
4) Have the wedding and honeymoon of my dreams. I’d probably get Bruno Mars to sing at the ceremony.
5) Sell my apartment. Then buy an house of character in Gozo (where my family lives), a holiday cottage in Northern Italy, and a beautiful small townhouse in Malta where I can raise a family.
6) Take my two best friends and their fiances with us on a holiday to disneyland, paris. Then we’d go on the best. shopping spree. ever. something we’ve always dreamed of.
7) get a personal trainer and lose weight
8) fix my teeth, get a nose job, do laser hair removal EVERYWHERE. lol.
9)buy my fiance the biggest aquarium he’s ever seen and fill it with piranahs. he loves piranahs.
10) Chuck a colleague of mine into afore-mentioned aquarium. cover it up as an accident. 🙂
@pfinarffle: Most of those bad news stories are a direct result of the actions of the winners or their family members, save the guy who was kidnapped by his in-laws. (And the bees here think they have a problem with FSIL?!?!) 🙂
Consider Jack Whittaker whose name is always dropped in these stories. He was robbed frequently, but it probably wasn’t the most financially prudent decision to take $500,000+ to a strip club and leave it in the car – same goes for the other time that $200,000 was stolen from his car. There are plenty of other jackpot winners whose names don’t end up in these stories because they exercise slightly better judgement.
That said, with the jackpot at $640 million now, my never-plays-the-lottery guy told me to go out and buy some tickets. I have been informed that he would immediately start training to be a pilot and wants to buy a jet. Funny enough, he said he would not quit his job.
1. Pay off our student loans.
2. Pay off all my parents’ debt, including mortgages, and buy them both new cars.
3. Also buy both of my grandmothers new cars, and fund all necessary repairs on their homes (they both need a lot).
4. Build, furnish, and decorate a new house.
5. I’d probably give my parents and grandparents some amount of money to live on, they are all struggling financially. I guess we’d have to give DH’s parents some too lol.
7. Give a lot to various charities.
I would hope to be able to stay out of the public eye and not let ANYONE know that I won, besides closest family members. I don’t see my husband nor I quitting our jobs…well I might, but I think he definitely wouldn’t. We both just got new cars so I don’t even think we’d upgrade those right away.
I can’t wait to win tonight
The topic ‘Mega Millions: $476,000,000.00’ is closed to new replies.